Morecambe vs Crawley

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

1 up at half time. Scored very early on, been quite dull otherwise even though they were there for the taking. 

• Administrator

Win, but it was disgustingly bad for the 2nd half. Somehow get away with 3 points but it wasn't deserved. Sunderland should have had a penalty at the end. 

• Administrator

Ipswich come back twice and now lead 3-2. They've got ridiculous endeavour and resilience to keep going and actually profit from it. Leif Davis pivotal again.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Win, but it was disgustingly bad for the 2nd half. Somehow get away with 3 points but it wasn't deserved. Sunderland should have had a penalty at the end. 

Feel like you've had quite a few of those type of games this season, especially away from home, but you've done enough to scrape by eachtime.

Which is even more strange really when you raised your game for us only a week or so ago and looked decent. Feels more like that particular performance was more of an anomaly than these one's.

Edited by Lucas

We need a mental break I think.

12 games in 44 days, League and Cup, which equates to a game every 3.6 days.

Been physically demanding for the team but equally, mentally draining. This side looks like its carrying so much weight and expectation on their shoulders and you just want to see them play that littke bit more freely.

Should have absolutely walloped Stoke tonight, that first half was a non-contest, but we just can't seem to finish the easiest of chances at the moment and its making games more of a slog for us.

No time for a break because Sky have us playing Friday night in a Yorkshire derby, just like how we had to go to Huddersfield 12:30, after Chelsea Wednesday night.

Ridiculous really but we pay the price for who we are when we have to drop down a league. Just got to get through that game now and then have 9 days off till Millwall just to reset a bit.

• Subscriber

I'm happy to take the win to end the bad run and I think we are approaching the territory of the season where just wins by any way necessary are needed, but I can't pretend I'm not concerned by that second half. We were so much better than them in the first half an hour and should've had it won by then, but we seem to either just lose confidence or massively tire, because they were all over us for most of the second half.

I really think our lack of rotation, or ability to do it effectively is starting to hurt us. I think Casadei is a bigger loss in this regard than people want to admit.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Feel like you've had quite a few of those type of games this season, especially away from home, but you've done enough to scrape by eachtime.

Which is even more strange really when you raised your game for us only a week or so ago and looked decent. Feels more like that particular performance was more of an anomaly than these one's.

I'm increasingly thinking Maresca's quite negative and it's starting to rub off. I don't get how he can watch us absolutely batter them for 15/20 minutes, spurn two hilarious chances, get the lead anyway and think the answer is just to try and eek it out rather than exert our dominance. Keep pressing, get that 2nd and maybe 3rd. Get the likes of Dewsbury-Hall off and rested for a tough one Saturday.

His instincts are really starting to concern me a bit. I know we won but I thought that was a really bad managerial display. It was a really bad performance, largely through our own doing, entirely attitude / mentality related. We got away with it in a game against a side as vulnerable as it gets.

He's a genuinely good coach but he needs to seriously develop a ruthless streak if he wants to get to the top.

I don't think our slump is over by any means. I hope I'm wrong.

• Administrator

Their game is postponed as expected. 

No doubt some Preston fans travelled all that way too by now as well... 

On the plus side, that's Southampton having two games postponed now that will need rearranging.

We have a great opportunity to get points on the board and really hype up the pressure on them to get those wins late in the season.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

On the plus side, that's Southampton having two games postponed now that will need rearranging.

We have a great opportunity to get points on the board and really hype up the pressure on them to get those wins late in the season.

Not many midweeks left. Wonder if one of them will be before their game with you. 

21 hours ago, Lucas said:

We need a mental break I think.

12 games in 44 days, League and Cup, which equates to a game every 3.6 days.

Been physically demanding for the team but equally, mentally draining. This side looks like its carrying so much weight and expectation on their shoulders and you just want to see them play that littke bit more freely.

Should have absolutely walloped Stoke tonight, that first half was a non-contest, but we just can't seem to finish the easiest of chances at the moment and its making games more of a slog for us.

No time for a break because Sky have us playing Friday night in a Yorkshire derby, just like how we had to go to Huddersfield 12:30, after Chelsea Wednesday night.

Ridiculous really but we pay the price for who we are when we have to drop down a league. Just got to get through that game now and then have 9 days off till Millwall just to reset a bit.

It’s that point of the season I don’t miss, first couple months of the new year is a disaster in terms of fixture congestion. As long as you keep yourselves in the race all will be defined in the final month or so when you can get some momentum and mid-week training together. All the training atm is just recovery and slowly going through the motions of potential tactics that you cant 100% train or put into action

• The topic was unpinned