Harrogate vs Crawley
Mansfield vs Swindon
MK Dons vs Salford
Morecambe vs Wrexham
Notts County vs AFC Wimbledon
Stockport vs Newport
Sutton vs Grimsby

• Subscriber

Travelling to Sutton from Leeds this weekend for our game so we better come away with a good result. We've had 2 decent results in the past 2 games so hoping against bottom of the table Sutton, we can come away with another.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Done alright recently, but we're getting twatted here unfortunately. :(

Make yourselves useful at least once this season. 

• Subscriber

I'm not confident. They're not a bad side but we've looked well off it lately. The last two performances were woeful on the whole (despite winning at Sunderland) and I think Maresca has lost his nerve somewhat particularly with how much he trusts our squad to effectively rotate. We look shattered to me. Sunderland were toothless and didn't make us pay but Hull are a better side, albeit, they don't actually win loads at home.

I'll say a rare draw. 1-1.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm not confident. They're not a bad side but we've looked well off it lately. The last two performances were woeful on the whole (despite winning at Sunderland) and I think Maresca has lost his nerve somewhat particularly with how much he trusts our squad to effectively rotate. We look shattered to me. Sunderland were toothless and didn't make us pay but Hull are a better side, albeit, they don't actually win loads at home.

I'll say a rare draw. 1-1.

Think we lose this too. 

And then lose top spot as Ipswich and Leeds play again before we do after this weekend. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

Think we lose this too. 

And then lose top spot as Ipswich and Leeds play again before we do after this weekend. 

We will actually know by the time our game kicks off as Leeds are the Friday night game and Ipswich are the half 12.

Hull aren't actually all that great at home. They don't score many or win many there. They're better away.

We very rarely draw but this feels probably one of the likelier games to go that way of ours.

Massive win that.

Think many of us Leeds fans (and possibly others supporting Leicester, Ipswich and Saints) saw this as a potential banana skin. Home team bang in form, Yorkshire derby under the lights, their biggest gate of the season etc.

So to win there, especially given how hard it was to break through them in the first half, get the points and put a marker down to the others is pretty big.

Can't dictate what the others do but psychologically pressure will be on them.

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Massive win that.

Think many of us Leeds fans (and possibly others supporting Leicester, Ipswich and Saints) saw this as a potential banana skin. Home team bang in form, Yorkshire derby under the lights, their biggest gate of the season etc.

So to win there, especially given how hard it was to break through them in the first half, get the points and put a marker down to the others is pretty big.

Can't dictate what the others do but psychologically pressure will be on them.

Ipswich will win, so Leicester will be under pressure when they play.

Just remember though that they have the best midfielder in the Championship in Harry Winks. :ph34r:

• Administrator

Fucking up another opportunity to capitalise on a promotion rival dropping points. 

A goal conceded from our own making. 

We're doing well to mess this up. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

An unexpected win there with, for the first time in a while, a good performance to back it up a little.

Have fun @Dan and @Lucas.

Thankyou.

Don't mind Cardiff for next 24 hours xD

The penalty gods seem to be favouring Leicester this week.

Avoid giving a dodgy one to Sunderland and generously give one against Hull.

I'm not shocked, officials in this league are beyond clueless.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The penalty gods seem to be favouring Leicester this week.

Avoid giving a dodgy one to Sunderland and generously give one against Hull.

I'm not shocked, officials in this league are beyond clueless.

No mention of the very soft one Hull got? 

Makes up for the ones we should have had against Ipswich and Millwall :what:

55 minutes ago, Stan said:

No mention of the very soft one Hull got? 

There was a lot more uproar over the Leicester one being given in the Sky studio saying it was weak.

The Hull one was more unanimously agreed. But then none of them are looking at it with any club bias.

A point is good though, tough place to go is Hull with what they done in January.

I'm pretty content with that too. Can't moan at making up 2pts in Leicester and 3 on Ipswich. Over to us next Sunday now whilst Leicester and Saints wait and watch.

Edited by Lucas

Leicester went from 12 points clear to 3 in the blink of an eye. Wish I’d backed Leeds to win the league a few weeks ago when Leicester started looking dodge. 

12 games ago, end of 2023 infact, we were 17pts back. Now its just 3, crazy.

I never envisaged us getting a whiff of top spot but if we beat Millwall next week by two goals, that's exactly where we'll be.

Tbh, I'd snap your hand off for a guarantee of 2nd though. Don't care as long as we avoid the playoffs and go up automatically. Still see us having a wobble somewhere in true Leeds style and the picture will swing again.

All to play for though. It was satisfying to see Ipswich capitulate at the death much how they've nicked games that late. They were due to have it done to them.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

The only thing I think now going in our favour is that we look absolutely shagged, knackered and we now don't play a league game for three weeks, although this will probably mean that Leeds do end up going top, which is a mental blow.

Basically what I mean is I think there's a chance this was our real slump and we may revert to being better again from April, with a bit of rest in the legs and players returning from injury.

Was a strange game. It wasn't as bad as some of the others in isolation but I don't really think it's a result we could afford given some of the points we've dropped of late. 4 points in 5 games is a woeful return at any point in a season with this squad.

Maresca's inexperience is definitely starting to show. He really doesn't seem to have a lot beyond this one system which is a hybrid of what Man City played last season. He's even reluctant to make subs in games which given our obvious tiredness is a red flag. I think he's thrown too many of his eggs in this one basket.

I think I'm currently witnessing the worst run of refereeing I've ever seen. I don't think a single referee in our last five games could possibly score above 3/10. It's genuinely extraordinary.

• Subscriber

If you want an example of the worst officiating decision I've seen in a long time, this is the one I saw in the flesh on Saturday for Sutton v Grimsby. Ref is looking directly at Sutton's player wrestling our players to the ground... lino flags for handball?! Penalty given to Sutton.

Referee was full of himself all game, the lino was constantly overuled (rightly so in a few instances), they then refused to shake hands at half time. A shambles. Alex Chilowicz was the referee, and a name I'll remember next time he officiates one of our games. Judging by fans on X, he wasn't popular when he was an MLS ref either.

• The topic was unpinned