talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 34 - 20-25th April, 2024

• Subscriber

About as good a half as I could have hoped for. Half time has come at a good time for us. Mykolenko probably needs to come off though, as much as I might joke about a one-legged Mykolenko being better than Ashley Young...

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck these players. Seriously, fuck the whole lot of them. That’s how you keep up with Arsenal is it? This is how you play in Klopp’s last few games? 

They are a joke, the entire lot of them. Hopefully the new boss comes in and cleans up because I’m fed up of the lot of them, 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fuck these players. Seriously, fuck the whole lot of them. That’s how you keep up with Arsenal is it? This is how you play in Klopp’s last few games? 

They are a joke, the entire lot of them. Hopefully the new boss comes in and cleans up because I’m fed up of the lot of them, 

Genuine question - do you think Klopp's announcement of leaving Liverpool mid-season was the right thing to do? 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Genuine question - do you think Klopp's announcement of leaving Liverpool mid-season was the right thing to do? 

In hindsight, it was way too early. If he had done it at this stage the bounce may have helped. Half of the players won’t give a shit, they’ll be thinking about moving on once he does. 

The drop in performances since the FA cup game against Utd has been plain unprofessional. We haven’t played great for a few months now, but that was the turning point. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Very untimely but you have to then ask the question, if the announcement was going to cause so much chaos how in the world did this team perform to get in this position? 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Very untimely but you have to then ask the question, if the announcement was going to cause so much chaos how in the world did this team perform to get in this position? 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

In hindsight, it was way too early. If he had done it at this stage the bounce may have helped. Half of the players won’t give a shit, they’ll be thinking about moving on once he does

Yeah that's what gets me thinking - could he have waited til the end of the season, or much closer to the end? Didn't seem right at the time to make it when he did, unless he thought it would galvanise the team to push on for a trophy. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Neville thinks Calvert-Lewin's first name is Daniel xD

He also thought Goodison wouldn't have booed that offside decision that cancelled out the early penalty if they'd just been shown the evidence xD.

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

No it was fucking stupid.

But some of these players should be forced out for the way this season’s fallen apart tbh.

• Subscriber

Just a lovely evening all round and one this fanbase sorely deserves. Cracking performance to a man. Liverpool hilariously bad. Honestly a miracle that that team has stayed in a title race for this long but I'm glad they did because seeing us put the final nail in the coffin for them tonight is a nice cherry on top of a win that all but guarantees our survival.

8 points clear of the drop. Might actually be able to enjoy the last four games of the season without worrying about the club facing a potential existential crisis. First time since Ancelotti was manager we had that luxury to be honest. What a novelty.

Clearly the team have just run out of ideas. A transition season where they have been in a title race, at times relying on young players…bit of an overreaction to want them out lol

Honestly, we’ve been mediocre since the start of the year, but this past month has been a new level of shit for us. 

I’m fed up of the lot of our team. Save for some of the younger lads and players like Diaz, Endo, MacAllister, the whole lot of them have been a disgrace. Fed up of seeing VanDijk throwing his arms in the air everything we concede, like he’s never at fault for any of them. Konate has dropped off big time the last month or so, and that midfield that starter were useless. Salah looks on his holiday & Nunez has no finishing ability and barely a footballing brain in his skull. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing a mass clear out, even if it meant a transitional season next year. Think that some of these players aren’t good enough for the first team anymore. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Clearly the team have just run out of ideas. A transition season where they have been in a title race, at times relying on young players…bit of an overreaction to want them out lol

All the Ward signings should pack their bags, honestly.

• Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

Fed up of seeing VanDijk throwing his arms in the air everything we concede, like he’s never at fault for any of them

Van Dijk was shite for a bit, then good for a bit, then when he scored the winner in the League Cup final there was that clip of him saying "they all thought I was finished" after the game. And ever since he's played like he's finished whenever I've seen him.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

This sort of drop off is unacceptable. There’s running out of ideas, and then there is “defending” like they did tonight. Did we win a single fucking header in our own box? Trent didn’t even bother jumping for that second goal and Konate just kicking the ball anywhere for the first. What are those decisions? Mindless, and not the first time we have seen this sort of performance at the back. 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

This sort of drop off is unacceptable. There’s running out of ideas, and then there is “defending” like they did tonight. Did we win a single fucking header in our own box? Trent didn’t even bother jumping for that second goal and Konate just kicking the ball anywhere for the first. What are those decisions? Mindless, and not the first time we have seen this sort of performance at the back. 

Two goals down in a Merseyside derby and he's putting on defenders instead of bringing on the young striker who's actually looked clinical when given a chance for us... terrible all around from Klopp and from the squad.

Nothing to play for and nothing to lose now, might as well bench the flops like Nunez and Diaz and give the kids a go instead. Got a hell of a lot more faith in them tbh.

• Subscriber

We were clueless tonight. From the start you could see they had no plan to break the low block and whatever little chances they had they just scuffed or misfired as has been the way things have gone lately. I'm not sick of this team but I honestly can't understand what has gotten into them to lose the confidence to win when they are a goal down. Virg can go in the summer for all I care because I think he's not what he used to be and while I think he can be good hes got no drive. This isn't the first time he's done this and it certainly won't be the last.

I also agree with the statement about kids getting a chance. Our starting XI has been lackluster and the kids would have put on more of a fight than the team that went out tonight.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Tbf, I thought Diaz was the only one who looked arsed and up for it tonight. Out of the players on the list to sell, he’d be very low down. 

He works hard but he's got absolute dogshit end product. Like Arjen Robben, always just cutting inside looking to shoot - only problem is he's fucking shit at shooting.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He works hard but he's got absolute dogshit end product. Like Arjen Robben, always just cutting inside looking to shoot - only problem is he's fucking shit at shooting.

Arjen Robben went on to achieve things that I don't think we'll see Diaz do because like you said his end-product is non existent. 

• The topic was unpinned