Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 35 - 27th April-2nd May, 2024

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Not really xD.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

We’re safe mate

Do something, basically xD

• Subscriber

It isn't a great game. Both of these teams are happier with the minority of possession and it shows. Decent enough until the edge of the box then not much quality. We also look a bit leggy and the ball isn't sticking much with Chermiti on his full debut in Calvert-Lewin's absence.

• Subscriber

I have to hold my hands up on Anthony Gordon. Was quite critical of that signing when compared to Barnes in the summer but he's been fantastic this season. I'd have him at the Euros over someone like Rashford.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

What were they checking for there? xD

Garner has absolutely no role in the phase of play xD

• Subscriber

Terrible match, good result. Third team in and around us that we've done the double over this season.

Remarkable really to go from scraping safety on the last day last season, spending hardly anything in the summer, getting deducted 8 points to securing safety with 3 games to spare.

Just looking forward to next season now, this season has been such a horrible one with the amount of injuries we’ve suffered. Just completely ruined any momentum we had, away form has been terrible, no chance to build on wins, just secure safety and move on.

On a separate note I’m looking forward to seeing Schade get a run in next year, if he stays fit he will cause serious problems.

• Subscriber

This team has lost the plot, they've turned from some semblance of confidence to a team that gets rattled by bad calls from refs or anyone for that matter. In December there is no way that West Ham get the breathing room that they do and for that matter any club in the league but they've just given up and its not odd that the manager and Salah are having a bit of a row on the sidelines because its come to a state where everyone is pointing fingers at each other for bad decisions or just poor performance overall. At this rate we won't finish third and I don't think this is the last loss of the season either. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I have to hold my hands up on Anthony Gordon. Was quite critical of that signing when compared to Barnes in the summer but he's been fantastic this season. I'd have him at the Euros over someone like Rashford.

Another assist today taking his premier league tally up to 10 goals / 9 assists for the season,  he should pass 20 goal contributions in the league this season.    

His directness is useful to have at the Euro's

• Subscriber

This Chelsea team are wild. 4+ goals in 11 of their last 12 league matches. Includes a 6-0 win and a 5-0 defeat in their last two. Absolutely dominated this match and yet it's 2-2 and I wouldn't be surprised if Villa just nicked it at the end. A decent manager turns Madueke and Jackson into really good players in my opinion. Mudryk, however, still looks hopeless.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This Chelsea team are wild. 4+ goals in 11 of their last 12 league matches. Includes a 6-0 win and a 5-0 defeat in their last two. Absolutely dominated this match and yet it's 2-2 and I wouldn't be surprised if Villa just nicked it at the end. A decent manager turns Madueke and Jackson into really good players in my opinion. Mudryk, however, still looks hopeless.

Villa absolutely melted. 

• Subscriber

As a neutral, watching this match, Chelsea taking the lead in the 95th minute after being 2-0 down at half time just makes you think, for all the rampant spending, state ownership and FFP controversy, the Premier League, on the pitch, is still a brilliant spectacle.

Then along comes VAR.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The premier league is the best league by far,  it is the final run in and there are still battles at all places on the log,  this leads to compelling football.

Not always like that. 

• Subscriber

I'm absolutely never going to be somebody who aims downwards in football and I don't want to become a lower league snob but it is quite something to have everybody going on about more VAR farce in the PL game while I've just watched a fantastic Championship game that didn't have it. It's just so bad. I don't think there's any iteration of it where this won't be the case.

• The topic was unpinned