Stoke vs Bristol City
Sunderland vs Sheff Weds
Swansea vs Millwall
West Brom vs Preston 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birmingham City may still be the last West Midlands club to win one of the 3 big trophies, but amusing this outcome has followed Tom Brady, Wayne Rooney, owners bantering about being the real Birmingham club & plans for a Tottenham stadium of the West Midlands.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

@JoshBRFC quietly shitting himself. Plymouth, Wednesday and Birmingham winning, with Blackburn drawing to Leicester. If Leicester score, Blackburn go into the relegation zone as it stands.

Phew. 

We need to keep hold of Sammie.

End to what has been an enjoyable season.

Birmingham will be kicking themselves that they've gone down on 50 points but at least they have owners who you'd have faith in to continue to take the club forwards. Under previous regimes you'd worry for them. I'd fancy them to come up at the first attempt and I'd fancy Rotherham to be competitive with Steve Evans as Manager. Huddersfield I have no idea about as, based on there managers quotes this week, that club seems to be disarray at all levels and a major overhaul appears needed.

As for the sides that stayed up today, you'd feel that any celebrations will be kept to a minimum. Blackburn's cash flow appears to be a long term concern, Danny Rohl will be on shortlists after the job hes done at Wednesday and Plymouth really need to get the next managerial appointment right whilst strengthening the squad. Given Portsmouth, Derby and (presumably) Bolton look suitably equipped to compete at this level it wouldnt surprise if all three teams feature down the bottom of predictions come August.

The playoffs feel a bit underwhelming for a neutral as its scattered with teams that have been in The Premiership recently. At least if Hull had made the playoffs there would be a team there that's been away from The Premiership long enough that and been through enough rebuilds that the stench from the last time they were up isn't there any more.

A side of me from a competitive aspect wants 'anyone but Leeds' to win the playoffs as I believe with the attacking threat and loan returnees that Leeds would have the best chance of survival out of all Championship teams next season. Leicester's reported financial issues you'd imagine will restrict them from potentially competing for a top half finish to a lets just survive next season objective, whilst i see a lot of similarities with this Ipswich team and Vincent Kompany's Burnley.

Oh, and one thing, we cannot underestimate any more what an incredible achievement it was for a Reading side built on what was tight budget for naughties standards to get 106 points. The Leicester starting XI on paper is one of the best to enter The Championship with Newcastle in 2010 and Nuno's Wolves and even they missed out on breaking the record with six games to go.

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A side of me from a competitive aspect wants 'anyone but Leeds' to win the playoffs as I believe with the attacking threat and loan returnees that Leeds would have the best chance of survival out of all Championship teams next season.

I should imagine a lot of fans will want anyone but Leeds but probably for entirely different reasons.

Personally, it will feel a massive injustice if we don't go up having had the season we've had. Farke, in the main  has done an astonishing job with what he inherited. If we'd started the season without those issues and Farke had more time pre season to build his team how he wanted it, I think we probably go up as Champions you know.

Would agree though,you'll be hard pushed to get as good a Championship season all round as that one has provided and I'm sure the playoffs will be dramatic, especially with us in them.

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

I should imagine a lot of fans will want anyone but Leeds but probably for entirely different reasons.

Personally, it will feel a massive injustice if we don't go up having had the season we've had. Farke, in the main  has done an astonishing job with what he inherited. If we'd started the season without those issues and Farke had more time pre season to build his team how he wanted it, I think we probably go up as Champions you know.

Would agree though,you'll be hard pushed to get as good a Championship season all round as that one has provided and I'm sure the playoffs will be dramatic, especially with us in them.

To put in context how good Leeds United have been, the season when we were all saying "How is this Hull team sleepwalking in to 2nd this season?", they finished on 77 points.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

To put in context how good Leeds United have been, the season when we were all saying "How is this Hull team sleepwalking in to 2nd this season?", they finished on 77 points.

Jesus, did not know that. Mental.

Not sure if we'll ever see another season like this one again. Any other season we'd be up, any other season.

All feels very Leeds like. I think Saints will win playoffs as well. Heartbreak loading...

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

That was the season we went up wasn't it (2012/2013)?

Think we finished on something like 87 points for further context.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That was the season we went up wasn't it (2012/2013)?

Think we finished on something like 87 points for further context.

Yep. 87 points to win the league that season, Hull on 79.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

We finished 15 points ahead of Peterborough that season. We made the playoffs and they got relegated.

• The topic was unpinned