talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Play-offs 2023/24

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Angus Gunn is turd 

That was some of the most useless goalkeeping I’ve seen in a while :8_laughing:

What a start for Leeds. With that keeper, you’d fancy even more. They look on it. 

I used to really like some of the players that Norwich City had in their team a few seasons ago. But I look at their team today and no one really stands out. Sara is probably the pick of their players, but the rest look pretty average. Leeds on the other hand have so many players who are well rated and they could easily hold their own in the Premier League. I guess it's not really a surprise that Leeds finished 17 points ahead of Norwich City this season in the Championship table.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Josh Sargent is turd. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Josh Sargent is a bit shite as well. 

Never really rated Sargeant, even when he was at Werder Bremen. 

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

That was some of the most useless goalkeeping I’ve seen in a while :8_laughing:

What a start for Leeds. With that keeper, you’d fancy even more. They look on it. 

Germany will be hoping that Angus Gunn starts as Scotland's 1st choice keeper when Germany play Scotland in the opening match of Euro 2024. His father was a much better goalkeeper.

Posted (edited)

That'll break a few hearts and put a few noses out of joint across the country I imagine.

Did not expect that tonight from us though given our history, if truth is told. We're notoriously cagey in games like this.

The key was the early goals and getting the crowd into it. Suddenly everyone wants the ball again, passes are crisp, the energy is back and the confidence is high. That Meslier save was massive for us at that moment in the game too to keep momentum. In the end, five or six wouldn't have flattered us.

One more big performance needed in the biggest game of them all. Can we do it? Do we have the minerals? Either way, we'll go into it now as favourites off the back of this game and it's pressure on us to succeed. But we want it so much.

Dunno what to predict with this Leeds side but I feel if we play without fear, we're far more dangerous than when we think about things too much. Maybe the bigger pitch will suit our widemen more? We'll see.

Now the nigh on impossible task of getting a ticket for the final begins...

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

I'd like Southampton to win this evening against West Brom and to even win in the final. It would be nice to see Southampton back in the Premier League. However, I think that it is Leeds who will be promoted. Leeds just look the strongest side out of all the teams in the play-offs.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dan said:

What an awful playoffs so far. Come on West Brom give us something.

Genuinely, this has been fucking awful. First legs two of the shittest games you'll watch. Second legs the favourites have just strolled it.

Definitely the two teams who deserve to be in it the most though if you're totally honest.

Now my beautiful Baggies are out, really you’d rather Leeds up than Southampton. Feel like Saints have a bit more about the structure of their club and will make a good go over the long term of staying in the league whereas you just don’t know what will happen with Leeds.

Southampton won that match pretty easily, West Brom were 2nd best. It was an easy win for the Saints, similar to how Leeds won easily yesterday. It should be a good final between Leeds and Southampton. I'd prefer Southampton to get back into the Premier League, but I can see Leeds winning the play-off final. Leeds look very strong to me and they have several very good players in their team. It should be a cracking final though, as both these sides have played very well this season.

The right final, all things considered. Norwich going up would have been a travesty, they are WAY off the level needed. The final should be a good watch, and I’ll be backing Leeds to come up. They look the most set to do something in the prem, and they’re an entertaining watch. 

Yeah, was hoping Norwich or West Brom might have upset the party, but neither did a thing really.

Expected final and looking forward to it. Think Leeds will win, but don't think anyone can argue with either of them going up.

And so it begins. The @Lucas derby between two unexpected sides. The winnder will be showered with the greenary of Sky money for at least a season, while the loser will forever drown in tears when they have to sell all their assets and plummet to the depths of non league football.

Who will have the testicular fortitude to win today?

The answer will be fully revealed in 3 hours time.

• Administrator

Southampton bit nervous to begin with but now starting to play. Think Armstrong should have shot. 

• Administrator

No nerves there as Armstrong breaks free and scores past Meslier with composure. 

Leeds' defensive line non-existent. 

Armstrong scored a crucial opening goal, the defence should have done better there though. This game is far from over, it will be interesting to see how Leeds react in the most important game of their season.

Leeds United 0-1 Southampton