talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga Promotion/Relegation Playoffs 2024

• Administrator

Whirlwind of a game. Shame Düsseldorf couldn't see the game out and just get one goal despite Bochum's 3, but for the neutral it's been exactly what was wanted. 

Düsseldorf need to show some real belief and desire now and not let the previous 90 affect them! 

2 goal hero Hoffman is brought off before the kick-off for the 30 minutes of extra-time, but Bochum have the luxury of replacing him with the experienced Portuguese international Goncalo Paciencia. 

Paciencia, Bero, Asano, Stoger, Schlotterbeck and Wittek all scored from their penalties for Bochum, while Masovic missed his penalty as it was saved. However for Dusseldorf, Johannesson, Engelhrdt, Oberdorf, Tzolis and Niemiec scored their penalties, but Andre Hoffmann had his penalty saved and Uchina absolutely balooned his penalty effort over the bar! 

So that means that Bochum win and have incredibly turned this tie around. I don't know how Dusseldorf will recover from this, they had such a big advantage from the 1st leg, but congrats to Bochum for playing excellently today.

Commiserations to @Tommy, Dusseldorf had an impressive season and it's sad that it came down to this. 

• Like 1

1705003994336?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=zI8g

Thank you all for thinking of me and feeling sorry for me. It certainly hurt. Now we're gonna lose some of our best players again and rebuild for the new season with a lot of uncertainties.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

How the hell have Bochum pulled that off xD looks like I'm at a Bundesliga game next season then rather than a 2.Bundesliga.