The better place to talk football.

Conor Gallagher - Chelsea Want in Excess of £50m

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Chelsea's last real asset and another HG player, not sure how they will meet the UEFA home grown quota.

Its a good signing for Villa.

Off the top of my head:

Chalobah, Colwill, Chilwell, James, Gilchrist, Sterling, Chukwuemeka, Madueke, Palmer. 

Not even sure what the HG rules are these days but there's enough there I think, plus enough players U21 that don't need to be counted into the squads. 

As for 'last real asset', just patently not true.

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

Off the top of my head:

Chalobah, Colwill, Chilwell, James, Gilchrist, Sterling, Chukwuemeka, Madueke, Palmer. 

Not even sure what the HG rules are these days but there's enough there I think, plus enough players U21 that don't need to be counted into the squads. 

As for 'last real asset', just patently not true.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

connor gallagher is the last asset they can sell of substantial value.  Enzo and Caicedo are unsellable due to book losses like many other signings.  I'm also curious why it will be reported that Chelsea need to sell by 30 June or violate PSR.  Forest did that with Johnson last year and it got them nailed as clubs deliberately waited.  

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

So there's 9 players listed above that meet that criteria, or will soon given their age as some are currently under 21.

Plus a quick scour around the internet shows the following are also classed as home-grown, or if currently U21 will be classed as HG if Chelsea keep them by the time they turn 21:

Robert Sanchez
Jamie Cumming
Marcus Bettinelli
Ian Maatsen
Bashir Humphreys
Tino Anjorin
Harvey Vale
Mason Burstow

Granted some might not stick around, but they're not short of homegrown players, or with several players in their academy that could come through the ranks.

58 minutes ago, Stan said:

So there's 9 players listed above that meet that criteria, or will soon given their age as some are currently under 21.

Plus a quick scour around the internet shows the following are also classed as home-grown, or if currently U21 will be classed as HG if Chelsea keep them by the time they turn 21:

Robert Sanchez
Jamie Cumming
Marcus Bettinelli
Ian Maatsen
Bashir Humphreys
Tino Anjorin
Harvey Vale
Mason Burstow

Granted some might not stick around, but they're not short of homegrown players, or with several players in their academy that could come through the ranks.

I only know Sanchez and Maatsen, didnt Dortmund have an option to buy on him

Much rather see him at Villa than Newcastle or Spurs. He should ideally follow wherever Poch goes tbf. 

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Chelsea's last real asset and another HG player, not sure how they will meet the UEFA home grown quota.

Its a good signing for Villa.

We are likely going to have a huge squad next season given the introduction of Europe and Club World Cup in the summer. HG quota will be no problem. 

I would expect a few midfield signings by Villa. It is already the area with least depth. Plus a need to offload Dendoncker. And Kamara's 2nd long term injury into next season. Lots of rumours as to who will come in. And if someone big does have to leave Villa, the popular theory is that it could be Douglas Luiz.

I know the thinking is still "it's just Aston Villa" but strengthening a team that just finished 4th is just making Chelsea's target harder for next season isn't it? Should try and sell him to a club abroad.

• The title was changed to Conor Gallagher - Chelsea Want in Excess of £50m