talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA 2K25

Couldn't have been better timing given the anger in the 'Fifa Community' about how terrible the last EA game was.

Im looking forward to seeing reviews for this. 2K have really stepped up there WWE games and the NBA game has always been well recieved.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Couldn't have been better timing given the anger in the 'Fifa Community' about how terrible the last EA game was.

Im looking forward to seeing reviews for this. 2K have really stepped up there WWE games and the NBA game has always been well recieved.

WOW. 

That is actually huge news. 

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

In fairness, they only did that after the catastrophe that was 2K20. 

I'll laugh my ass off mind if they start snapping licences like the Premiership etc. That'll put pressure on EA then.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Might have to go give it a look when a demo comes out. EA's football game never really made me feel like I was playing a football game so heres hoping.

On 30/05/2024 at 08:59, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'll laugh my ass off mind if they start snapping licences like the Premiership etc. That'll put pressure on EA then.

I think in all likelihood this is going to be bad for gamers who want to play football games. I can see EA and 2K fighting it out for exclusive rights to certain clubs (similar to how EA would fuck over PES with club rights) - so then you'll end up with some clubs or leagues having those shit half-arsed counterfeit teams in each respective game. Taking the immersion out of the game - which I think is already a big problem for EA with EAFC because they don't really do much to improve the actual game and instead just keep churning out the same game year after year which has people jaded.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think in all likelihood this is going to be bad for gamers who want to play football games. I can see EA and 2K fighting it out for exclusive rights to certain clubs (similar to how EA would fuck over PES with club rights) - so then you'll end up with some clubs or leagues having those shit half-arsed counterfeit teams in each respective game. Taking the immersion out of the game - which I think is already a big problem for EA with EAFC because they don't really do much to improve the actual game and instead just keep churning out the same game year after year which has people jaded.

I was thinking the same. Hopefully i'm wrong. 

I have enjoyed the game to be honest in recent years, but I've only played sporadically. Pro Clubs has been fun this year.

Interested to see what they can offer, nonetheless.

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The best thing about the WWE games is the creation function. Some people out there create people where there likeness is just as good as if 2K designed them themselves. So as long they let you edit team kits, badges and names I'm not worried about that.

On 30/05/2024 at 16:59, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I rate them for there response to 2K20. They knew they had to nail the next game and they did. Bringing back features that were popular before 2K got the licence in the first place.

I can't see EA going the extra yard to do that. Since Ultimate Team became a money maker and PES dropped off the face of the earth they've made little changes every season and some of the changes make the game worse.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I rate them for there response to 2K20. They knew they had to nail the next game and they did. Bringing back features that were popular before 2K got the licence in the first place.

I can't see EA going the extra yard to do that. Since Ultimate Team became a money maker and PES dropped off the face of the earth they've made little changes every season and some of the changes make the game worse.

Yeah, I'll give 2K credit for that and in fairness, if I was playing games, I'd have given 2K24 a shot as I've heard a lot of good things about it. That and they brought back guest referee matches (I really missed it. Loved it in No Mercy).

17 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

So this is different to the current fifa game?

Yes, as it's made by a different company.

Actually, seeing as @Spike mentioned it literally as I was typing, that's one concern that I'd have as 2K have had a habit of going nuts with micro transactions in the NBA series. Not that EA were saints in that regard mind.