talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Italy 2-1 Albania - Saturday 15th June, 2024

Get in!

I´m adopting Albania as my team in the Euro, since Sylvinho is their coach.

It´s a really tough group, but hopefully Albania will be able to at least put a fight.

I´ve heard good things about Jasir Asani. He is currently playing in South Korea, a good tournament from him could get him a move to a big leauge in Europe.

Italy leading 2-1 after going a goal down early to Albania. These matches at these Euros have been full of goals so far. 3 goals in the first 16 minutes in this match.

Italy 2-1 Albania

• The title was changed to Italy 2-1 Albania - Saturday 15th June, 2024
10 minutes ago, Michael said:

It finishes 2-1 to Italy and the defending champions will be happy to have gained the 3 points. 

Italy 2-1 Albania

Apparently you one of those people who are satisfied with little, if you suppose the defending champions were happy with a 2-1 borefest against a team playing as bad as Scotland. I'd be fuming with that match not being much more convincing given how garbage Albania was.

• Expected more from Italy.  Beat supposedly the weakest team in the tournament 2-1  and Albania could have tied it up near the end.  As good as Spain looked against Croatia, Italy better play a lot better next game if they hope to get a positive result against Spain.
Edited by Redcanuck

46 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Apparently you one of those people who are satisfied with little, if you suppose the defending champions were happy with a 2-1 borefest against a team playing as bad as Scotland. I'd be fuming with that match not being much more convincing given how garbage Albania was.

I thought Italy played okay and getting the 3 points is the priority for most teams in this competition at the group stage. I am not satisfied with little, I am a realist. I also don't think you can compare this Italy team to Germany. Germany are a stronger side in my opinion and that's why they managed to outclass Scotland yesterday. I don't think Albania were Garbage either, they played quite well. Sure, an England or a France or a Germany might have won more convincingly against a team like Albania, but not all teams are as strong as them. 

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:
  • Expected more from Italy.  Beat supposedly the weakest team in the tournament 2-1  and Albania could have tied it up near the end.  As good as Spain looked against Croatia, Italy better play a lot better next game if they hope to get a positive result against Spain.

Albania are supposedly the 2nd weakest team in this competition, with Georgia the alleged weakest, going by the FIFA rankings and going by what the bookies say. But I personally think most of the teams in this competition are tough. It takes top class performances like we saw from Germany and Spain to blast teams and thrash them in this tournament. Spain are going to top this group, I have little doubt about that. I can see weaknesses in this Italy team, but they are very strong in certain areas as well. It was a top class goal by Barella today. Spain will probably beat Italy. It's Croatia who Italy are battling in this group, as they are both likely to finish 2nd and 3rd in this group respectively.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned