• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Turkey 3-1 Georgia - Tuesday 18th June, 2024

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed the underdogs Georgia win this match. Georgia might be the lowest ranked team at these Euros, even behind Albania, but I think they have the potential to produce a surprise here if they play to their strengths. Turkey are strong favourites, but it would be a bit of a fairy tale if little Georgia managed to get a positive result in this match. Their goalkeeper Mamardashvili and forwards Kvaratshkelia and Zivzivadze, will have to have big games if Georgia are going to spring a surprise.

The best thing I've loved about this tournament so far is tuning in to watch games that don't look appealling on paper and yet, they've been thoroughly entertaining as well as having great atmosphere.

This game could well be up there as the best I've seen so far.

Turkey score their 3rd goal on the counter attack as Akturkoglu shot the ball into the empty net as Georgian keeper was upfield trying to assist his attack. Turkey win and get the 3 points.

Turkey 3-1 Georgia

30 minutes ago, Michael said:

What about poor little Georgia?🙁

I feel a closer connection to the Turks, and they have Kaan Ayhan who used to play for Fortuna. 

But yea, gotta feel for Georgia. They gave it their all and were so close to scoring the equaliser. 

But sending your keeper up in a first group game was a bit of a stupid move. 

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

The best thing I've loved about this tournament so far is tuning in to watch games that don't look appealling on paper and yet, they've been thoroughly entertaining as well as having great atmosphere.

This game could well be up there as the best I've seen so far.

I remember the first time they expanded the euros and it was pretty boring with a lot of defensive games. But the last two tournaments have been alot more attacking. I think teams think of we attack and get one win that is more affective than defending a lot. I've liked the tournament so far. Has been entertaining. 

• The title was changed to Turkey 3-1 Georgia - Tuesday 18th June, 2024
  • The topic was unpinned