talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(R16) Romania 0-3 Netherlands - Tuesday 2nd July, 2024

Whilst the Dutch will feel they've got lucky by finishing third and avoiding Belgium I have been impressed with how organised Romania have been defensively and effective on the counter attack.

I fancy Holland to win, but by no means is this a guarantee.

The Dutch are another team that has not played up to their potential.  Romania looked great against Ukraine in their first game, poor against Belguim and average in their 3rd game. So who knows how this will go.  Koeman got the line up wrong against Austria and Holland looked fragile,e at the back, but they are a more talented team so I think they will just edge it.

• The title was changed to (R16) Romania 0-1 Netherlands - Tuesday 2nd July, 2024
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Netherlands bossing this. They seem to have regained their fluidity. 

I wouldn't say they are bossing this. They got the goal sure, however Romania were the better side in the early part of this half, but since the Dutch scored, the Dutch have had most of the possession. But then again, most teams have the bulk of possession against Romania, because that's how Romania play. The Dutch haven't even created any clear cut chances since the goal. The Romanian keeper has had nothing to save.

Edited by Michael

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Does look a better player for Holland than Liverpool.  So does Darwin Nunez for Uruguay.

Tbf we've hardly ever played Gakpo on the left, which seems to be his best position. Maybe with Slot we'll see him get a run out on the left over Diaz. Nunez at Uruguay makes sense, the side there is built for him being the main man - with us he's just another cog in our machine.