The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Jedi: Fallen Order

Just bought this one. Got a new PC last week, only to realize I don't actually enjoy gaming that much anymore. Maybe that'll bring me back. :52_fearful: The trailer looked awesome. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just bought this one. Got a new PC last week, only to realize I don't actually enjoy gaming that much anymore. Maybe that'll bring me back. :52_fearful: The trailer looked awesome. 

It's very good, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :) Don't play much myself, but it was one of the few games that I really liked in recent years.

However, if you have never played KOTOR, you should definitely do it sometime...just for the story alone.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's very good, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :) Don't play much myself, but it was one of the few games that I really liked in recent years.

However, if you have never played KOTOR, you should definitely do it sometime...just for the story alone.

I'm pretty sure I played KOTOR back in the day. But my favourite Star Wars Game so far will always be Jedi Academy 2. It was so good. You played a Padawan who actually got to choose his path, and you could choose the actions you take, and eventually you got the choice to stay with the light or go with the dark side. Pretty good online mode too, but it always had those lamers who would just chuck you off the map with force chokes. xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'm pretty sure I played KOTOR back in the day. But my favourite Star Wars Game so far will always be Jedi Academy 2. It was so good. You played a Padawan who actually got to choose his path, and you could choose the actions you take, and eventually you got the choice to stay with the light or go with the dark side. Pretty good online mode too, but it always had those lamers who would just chuck you off the map with force chokes. xD

xD Haven't played that one... Will have to see if I can find it, but will probably struggle with getting it to run on Windows 10... The morale system with your choices deciding your path sounds pretty much like the one in KOTOR though! I loved the first one, but the second one had one of the best character (Kreia) in video gaming, as much as I'm concerned... and the philosophical discource on the nature of the Force she offered was a very fresh take on things.

Ah, and I also forgot to mention Galactic Battlegrounds, which is pretty much a Star Wars clone of Age of Empires! So much fun... :D 

On 28/07/2020 at 23:04, nudge said:

When Maul arrives to Tatooine for the final battle with Obi-Wan, I reckon.

But Rebels...

I visited the Clone Wars series and despite some crappy filler (particularly early in the series) what a truly fantastic 4-episode finale. SW at its finest. With the bonus of vastly enriching (together with the more general kaminoan conspiracy plot) the Revenge of the Sith movie.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Does anyone also skip some Amidala episodes in The Clone Wars? :ph34r: There are some really boring filler episodes. 

I also skip her novels, absolutely boring xD 

I'm not much of a fan of the clone wars period in the timeline of Star Wars, to be honest, so I mostly enjoy those episodes that deal with other things than battles against the separatists/Grievous/Dooku etc. There are quite a few interesting story arcs (Ahsoka, Mandalore, Maul, Nightsisters of Dathomir, Mortis, Yoda etc.), but in general, I think I prefer Rebels over The Clone Wars...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I also skip her novels, absolutely boring xD 

I'm not much of a fan of the clone wars period in the timeline of Star Wars, to be honest, so I mostly enjoy those episodes that deal with other things than battles against the separatists/Grievous/Dooku etc. There are quite a few interesting story arcs (Ahsoka, Mandalore, Maul, Nightsisters of Dathomir, Mortis, Yoda etc.), but in general, I think I prefer Rebels over The Clone Wars...

I'll watch that after I finished The Clone Wars. But I agree with your general sentiment. I skipped quite a few episodes that seemed to be rather boring. So I only watch those that focus on the interesting characters. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I'll watch that after I finished The Clone Wars. But I agree with your general sentiment. I skipped quite a few episodes that seemed to be rather boring. So I only watch those that focus on the interesting characters. 

How far along are you? 

I only just recently started watching Rebels, but it's by far more coherent... 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

How far along are you? 

I only just recently started watching Rebels, but it's by far more coherent... 

Season 3, Episode 7. :52_fearful: I'm really intrigued by Rebels now. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Still a long way to go :7_sweat_smile: 

Well, I'll try to skip what I can. xD I watched this ages ago, and I don't remember half the stuff. And now there's a new season too. Which was my main reason why I started to re-watch it. 

• Subscriber

I always felt the love angle was a bit too far pushed when Anakin goes to the dark side. I do like that they did sum up all the frustrations that he had with the way the Jedi operated and in some ways I think that would have been more digestible as a fan to show him turning to the dark-side for more immediate action. Because when you take the love-angle away after her death and the kids being shipped off IDK but it truly doesn't add up to how strong of a Jedi Anakin was. He surpassed Obi-Wan in many ways so how in the world did they stop him from finding Luke for so many years? 

This is also why I think a Vader fruition series will help close the gap on why hes so stone-cold as time goes on. 

• Subscriber

So the High Republic era has officially kicked off today with the release of the first novel, Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule. I'm through one third of the book so far, and the writing is fantastic. The story is captivating from the beginning, the worldbuilding is great, there's a lot of action, and the new characters are quite interesting. Didn't expect it to be that dark too; only 18 chapters in and the deathcount is already higher than Alderaan and the Death Stars added together xD The new villain(s) appear interesting, but at the same time a bit underwhelming - not drawing any conclusion at this point though as I still have two thirds of the book to go through, and the villains have been just revealed at the end of Chapter 18... 

• 1 month later...

Archived