talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joao Felix - Completes Return to Chelsea

• Administrator

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jul/22/aston-villa-joao-felix-target-atletico-madrid-moussa-diaby-sale-al-ittihad

Aston Villa are targeting an eye-catching move for João Félix after sanctioning the €60m (£50.5m) sale of their record signing, Moussa Diaby, to Al-Ittihad.

Félix, who joined Atlético Madrid in a €126m deal from Benfica as a teenager in 2019, is among those under consideration as Villa prepare for the Champions League. Félix has spent most of the past two seasons on loan from Atlético, scoring 10 goals in 44 appearances for Barcelona across 2023-24. ­Chelsea paid €11m (£9.7m) to borrow Félix for the second half of 2022-23 and, although it is unclear how viable a deal is, he is a player of interest to Unai Emery. Félix is under contract at Atlético until 2027.

The 24-year-old Portugal forward is an intriguing prospect for Emery, who likes players capable of ­operating across the front line, such as the January signing Morgan Rogers

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently, if you believe all the rumour-stories, he chose Chelsea

Crazy how Chelsea gave Villa almost the same money for Chukwuemeka & Kellyman combined.

They probably should stop the indiscriminate spending.

For Villa, I think they may just be better off trying to keep Jhon Duran on the right path.

• The title was changed to Joao Felix - Completes Return to Chelsea
1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

They probably should stop the indiscriminate spending.

That's one of the reasons we are in this mess.... Boehly and co just seem to be sweeping up anyone that even remotely seems as though they will be the next big thing and I for one think it's as a result of him getting stung in the transfer market by Barca in his first season but that might just be me.. 

What he is doing is collecting lot's of bits of a puzzle and then giving those bits to whatever manager fits the club profile and telling them to just go out and make it work somehow, fit all the different sized pieces together and make the puzzle complete and it must be a nightmare. I really don't know how or why these players are still signing?? Surely common sense would tell them they will either be out on loan or bench players at best with little or no chance of breaking through.. 

It's going to be a strange season.. It will take Maresca 10 or 15 games to find the regular 11 plus additional rotation players that buy in to his tactics and ideas before we start to see something that might resemble a decent squad that can get the right results on the pitch, I am sure we will have some great games where it all comes together but also think we could have some right stinkers and even then if we have a fairly decent top 6 or 7 finish there will be no guarantee's that they wouldn't let him go if the target of European football was not met, That's if he can even sort it out?? He may have bitten off more than he can chew jumping from Leicester to us after just one decent season and may be found wanting but that remains to be seen.. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think getting rid of Gallagher for this guy was stupid

Purely financial and this is the kind of of stupid thing that happens when you have to balance the books after throwing a shit ton of money at players from all over the place.. 

When you think they could have kept Tuchel and got a few quality players in to improve us in our weaker areas none of this silliness would have happened..