talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 3 - 31st Aug-1st Sept, 2024

• Subscriber

It's this sort of thing as well. How does a club of their stature get away with it like this? Just improbable decline.

Old Trafford sounded quite toxic earlier but still deserved worse. I think that crowd is way too lenient.

Ten Hag keeping his job was hilarious. They weren't just underwhelming last season they were lucky to be even 8th. It's just more of the same. Ten Hag is a fraud.

I never expected there to be a fast turn around for Man United.   They are paying for bad expenditure and while they had a better window this term,  a lot of the signings seem panicky.

Signing Casemeiro in his 30s for 70m, Mason "were art thou" mount for 65m and Antony are going to cost the team for years.   Man United and Chelsea are proof that if you are not going to get who you want it's best to stand pat than gamble

A much better second half from Palace yesterday. It's frustrating that Parish and Dougie treat August as a pre season period but there's good signs for the future.

Hopefully Doucoure can get up to full fitness over the next two weeks as that will feel like a new signing alongside Wharton.

I think special praise has to go to Dean Henderson. I thought he had his best game for Palace yesterday, and I don't think it's a coincidence that it's happened as soon as the competition for his place left.

On 31/08/2024 at 14:17, RandoEFC said:

Looked like Rice's second yellow was a bit harsh?

It was the right decision. I think it's more the fact that a Brighton player wasn't sent of for the same thing in the same game. You get some referees who are more lenient with these things. If it was a different referee in a different game I would understand. I give referees the benifit of the doubt more than anyone and even I don't get that one 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

One of Ten Hag’s funnier quotes came yesterday, when talking about the work that needs done at Utd. 

“I’m not Harry Potter” 🤣

He has won more trophies, but the concerning part, if you are rooting for Wembley of the North -Man United.. is that he does not even seem like an equal of Unai Emery or Eddie Howe. 

• The topic was unpinned