talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

13 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone believe the big cat sightings in England are true?

I did. But I think by now shortly we would have concrete evidence. If there are any I don't think there are many

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

That's the wife freaking out, our daughter is getting a Leopard Gecko Lizard as a pet for our oldest grandson and the wife said: "He had better keep it in his bloody bedroom when I am around there!!!!"  xD

leopard-gecko-wallpaper-hd-1600x900-3576

Love geckos. We have loads of them everywhere here; catch all the insects in the house and is great to watch when they hunt! :D

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Love geckos. We have loads of them everywhere here; catch all the insects in the house and is great to watch when they hunt! :D

Looking forward to seeing it, the daughter said it will cost her a £100 but she doesn't care, she is thinking about getting a pet rat next and that WILL freak the wife out more. :rofl: 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Love geckos. We have loads of them everywhere here; catch all the insects in the house and is great to watch when they hunt!

That's the daughter at the pet shop whatever and buying the Gecko, I said to the wife "What is she gonna name it" and she said, "I don't know and don't want to bloody know, she had better keep it in the cage thing when I am there!!" xD

49400890_10216896014168479_3512320745956

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

That's the daughter at the pet shop whatever and buying the Gecko, I said to the wife "What is she gonna name it" and she said, "I don't know and don't want to bloody know, she had better keep it in the cage thing when I am there!!" xD

49400890_10216896014168479_3512320745956

This is Patrick:

KpHE4BVg.jpg

:D 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, I got that wrong @nudge it's not a Gecko the daughter bought but 2 bloody pet RATS!!, she just sent me some photos and the wife is now really FREAKING OUT lol, I think the daughter better put them in the grandson's bedroom when she is babysitting, I suggested (joking) that I would nip around the daughters and bring them home so she could give them a cuddle and she yelled "DON'T YOU BLOODY DARE!!". 

The first one the daughter named Charamander which is hers and she said is timid, Kaiden's one he has called it K1.

Charamander

download.png.ad3f4db704111d82eab2611507f59b93.png

K1

51562110_10217061806073173_8832679675349172224_n.thumb.jpg.8eabcb5fb2cfffa096846401b50508ad.jpg

Edited by CaaC (John)
Replace deleted photos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, I got that wrong @nudge it's not a Gecko the daughter bought but 2 bloody pet RATS!!, she just sent me some photos and the wife is now really FREAKING OUT lol, I think the daughter better put them in the grandson's bedroom when she is babysitting, I suggested (joking) that I would nip around the daughters and bring them home so she could give them a cuddle and she yelled "DON'T YOU BLOODY DARE!!". 

The first one the daughter named Charamander which is hers and she said is timid, Kaidens one he has called it K1.

Charamander

49764884_10216896609943373_8458314030723

K1

49787684_10216896610343383_9010197296532

Pet rats are lovely :x

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

The daughter is getting the Leopard Gecko for our oldest grandson on Wednesday @nudge, bought the glass cage yesterday and it's sitting in his bedroom, our daughter said the room has to be at the right temperature for the Gecko so Wednesday will be ok by then, the 2 rats are settling in ok and I left the wife around our daughters this morning with the cage sitting right in front of her and she is trying to keep a straight face lol. 

Gecko glass box

128173306_10223055438510238_7461965372463365911_n.thumb.jpg.a00059b790c86739effcf2ccb0eafddd.jpg

Edited by CaaC (John)
Replace lost photo

• Subscriber

The daughter is getting the Leopard Gecko for our oldest grandson on Wednesday @nudge, bought the glass cage yesterday and it's sitting in his bedroom, our daughter said the room has to be at the right temperature for the Gecko so Wednesday will be ok by then, the 2 rats are settling in ok and I left the wife around our daughters this morning with the cage sitting right in front of her and she is trying to keep a straight face lol. 

Hide contents

Gecko glass box

50327287_10157000235892855_2023857532690

Good to hear hehe... That glass terrarium looks very nice; plenty of space for the gecko as it looks huge! I normally don't feel at ease with animals in captivity (not judging there; I have been tempted to domesticate them on quite a few occasions myself haha), but this looks like a really nice place for a lizard. Are they going to get crickets for the gecko to hunt in the cage?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Good to hear hehe... That glass terrarium looks very nice; plenty of space for the gecko as it looks huge! I normally don't feel at ease with animals in captivity (not judging there; I have been tempted to domesticate them on quite a few occasions myself haha), but this looks like a really nice place for a lizard. Are they going to get crickets for the gecko to hunt in the cage?

Knowing our eldest grandson he will stick bloody birds in the glass cage for his Gecko!!

The daughter has had the rats out of the cage and holding them in her hand, she said they are not timid now and she will have them out of the cage more often I reckon as she does not like seeing animals closed up in small cages and Connor will have his Gecko running around I can bet you on that, Denise fed the rats some strawberries yesterday and she said they noshed them down, she has completely fallen in love with them. 

I know she will look after them and make sure Connor looks after his Gecko as she was in the RSPCA with me years ago taking care of animals, if me and the wife were not that old now we would have got some pets like a cat, I love cats.  

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

@nudge

The Leopard Gecko has arrived for wee Connor and it is very friendly so I am told and believe it or not our daughter has even got the wife stroking the rats inside their cage which I thought would be an impossibility once upon a time but as I said our daughter "Your mum is only stroking them inside the cage, see what she does when they are outside the cage running around lol.

57203933_10217610995362562_852260548207706112_n.thumb.jpg.d199268d086e806ab038983548c1a2ea.jpg

Edited by CaaC (John)
Replace lost photo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

@nudge

The Leopard Gecko has arrived for wee Connor and it is very friendly so I am told and believe it or not our daughter has even got the wife stroking the rats inside their cage which I thought would be an impossibility once upon a time but as I said our daughter "Your mum is only stroking them inside the cage, see what she does when they are outside the cage running around lol.

49948836_10157004746057855_8716068199411

OMG it's so cute!!! :x The rats as well... no wonder your wife is warming up to them as well :D 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

OMG it's so cute!!! :x The rats as well... no wonder your wife is warming up to them as well :D

I will nip around later and have a look at the Gecko, wee Connor is over the moon with his new pet and went with Denise to pick it up in our son's car and the rats are really friendly now and Denise had them out of the cage and they were running all over her, on her shoulder etc lol.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That would be amazing.

Initially I'd probably shit myself thinking it was a great white. But once you knew it was an Orca, you'd feel assured. They would infact keep sharks away.

Beautiful looking at that, it looked like a mother with its calf swimming together but I might be wrong. :)

On 13/01/2019 at 11:53, nudge said:

On 13/01/2019 at 14:53, nudge said:

This is Patrick:

KpHE4BVg.jpg

:D 

xD

That would so strange to see over here... don't you have snakes as well sometimes?? 

44 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That would be amazing.

Initially I'd probably shit myself thinking it was a great white. But once you knew it was an Orca, you'd feel assured. They would infact keep sharks away.

I would be worried that it might just want a nibble.... xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

xD

That would so strange to see over here... don't you have snakes as well sometimes?? 

Weirdly enough I haven't seen a single snake here in the new place since I moved. Which is weird considering I'm basically living at the entrance to the national park, surrounded by lush nature. What's even weirder is the fact that I had four snakes in my balcony and one in my bedroom when I was still living in the second floor of an apartment complex in a bigger town... xD That said I'm sure there are plenty of snakes around and I have even seen a bloody King Cobra in the national park here a few years ago...so I always have a flashlight on when I get home after dark and have to cross the road and go through the garden to my bungalow...just in case.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Weirdly enough I haven't seen a single snake here in the new place since I moved. Which is weird considering I'm basically living at the entrance to the national park, surrounded by lush nature. What's even weirder is the fact that I had four snakes in my balcony and one in my bedroom when I was still living in the second floor of an apartment complex in a bigger town... xD That said I'm sure there are plenty of snakes around and I have even seen a bloody King Cobra in the national park here a few years ago...so I always have a flashlight on when I get home after dark and have to cross the road and go through the garden to my bungalow...just in case.

I think that reading up on whats dangerous and whats not would be a priority for me if I was living in a place like that... Do you check under the bed and shake piles of clothing just in case?? I would be checking my shoes the lot as a matter of routine.. xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I think that reading up on whats dangerous and whats not would be a priority for me if I was living in a place like that... Do you check under the bed and shake piles of clothing just in case?? I would be checking my shoes the lot as a matter of routine.. xD

Yeah the dangerous ones here are basically cobras, vipers and kraits, all of those are rather easily distinguishable (except for common krait which can be easily mistaken for a non-venomous wolf snake...) but it's difficult with the younglings and that's what I had in my balcony and bedroom back then haha... So just had to carefully pick them up and take them outside using a pair of kitchen tongs xD 

Shoes are more likely to be a hiding place for scorpions or those giant centipedes (huge assholes) but to be fair, I only wear shoes on the night out or on a longer trip anyway as it's way too hot haha; otherwise it's just a pair of flip-flops on a regular day... Piles of clothing are just a bad idea in general as everything would just get moldy due to high humidity...We don't even use closed wardrobes here for the same reason; everything needs to hang in the open to ensure air movement or it just gets ruined quickly. 

As a precaution the terrace/entrance to the house is elevated and all the windows have mosquito nets on them though and all potential entry points for the illegal aliens to the bungalow are sealed xD I took extra precautions once I moved in xD Except the geckos. They always find a gap (well the small ones; not the likes of Patrick there xD) but they are also very welcome... 

• Haha 1