talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I would be worried that it might just want a nibble.... xD

One of the worries could be it accidentally smashing you around the head with its tail, knocking you out and drowning you. But I'm a firm believer that these animals are no threat to humans(like other predators would be) unless they are in captivity where they are stressed. They are one animal that should never be kept in captivity.

It's actually interesting how they are with humans in the wild and their curiosity as they are one of the rare species of animals that actually kill other animals just for fun. Otters, Cats and humans being 3 other notable mentions. So you'd think they would be one of the worst to encounter in the wild for us, although somehow they are the absolute opposite. They are giant dolphins pretty much.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah the dangerous ones here are basically cobras, vipers and kraits, all of those are rather easily distinguishable (except for common krait which can be easily mistaken for a non-venomous wolf snake...) but it's difficult with the younglings and that's what I had in my balcony and bedroom back then haha... So just had to carefully pick them up and take them outside using a pair of kitchen tongs xD 

Shoes are more likely to be a hiding place for scorpions or those giant centipedes (huge assholes) but to be fair, I only wear shoes on the night out or on a longer trip anyway as it's way too hot haha; otherwise it's just a pair of flip-flops on a regular day... Piles of clothing are just a bad idea in general as everything would just get moldy due to high humidity...We don't even use closed wardrobes here for the same reason; everything needs to hang in the open to ensure air movement or it just gets ruined quickly. 

As a precaution the terrace/entrance to the house is elevated and all the windows have mosquito nets on them though and all potential entry points for the illegal aliens to the bungalow are sealed xD I took extra precautions once I moved in xD Except the geckos. They always find a gap (well the small ones; not the likes of Patrick there xD) but they are also very welcome... 

Crazy stuff.... I would never sleep at all because I think I heard something rustling in the corner of the room and I would be on edge the whole time, I don't mind them obviously it's just nature and in some respects it would be great to be seeing things like that on a daily or weekly basis but even so I wouldn't want to be doing a 5 point check every time I sat down on the sofa to watch a bit of tv and as for walking around in flip flops.. I think not!! xD

Must be good when you are used to it and know the potential dangers and all that and what to be careful of, can you imagine waking up in the morning to a see gecko staring you in the face smirking... xD

Image result for gecko on the bed gif

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Crazy stuff.... I would never sleep at all because I think I heard something rustling in the corner of the room and I would be on edge the whole time, I don't mind them obviously it's just nature and in some respects it would be great to be seeing things like that on a daily or weekly basis but even so I wouldn't want to be doing a 5 point check every time I sat down on the sofa to watch a bit of tv and as for walking around in flip flops.. I think not!! xD

Must be good when you are used to it and know the potential dangers and all that and what to be careful of, can you imagine waking up in the morning to see gecko staring you in the face smirking... xD

Image result for gecko on the bed gif

It isn't as bad as it sounds really; all these creatures are essentially trying to avoid people and populated places and in reality you don't even see them all too often with a few harmless exceptions like geckos. Wouldn't mind such a handsome one smirking at me in the morning but sadly they usually avoid people too xD Had one climb up my hand unexpectedly when I was picking up a glass of pickles from the shelf in the shop though; almost threw the damn glass on the floor and the poor thing was almost frightened to death too xD Some of them are really silly and clumsy as well; there was one in my last apartment that used to fall asleep hanging on the ceiling and just fell down to the floor everytime it happened xD 

The real threat to be aware of here are mosquitos as they can spread quite a few nasty diseases... 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

It isn't as bad as it sounds really; all these creatures are essentially trying to avoid people and populated places and in reality you don't even see them all too often with a few harmless exceptions like geckos. Wouldn't mind such a handsome one smirking at me in the morning but sadly they usually avoid people too xD Had one climb up my hand unexpectedly when I was picking up a glass of pickles from the shelf in the shop though; almost threw the damn glass on the floor and the poor thing was almost frightened to death too xD Some of them are really silly and clumsy as well; there was one in my last apartment that used to fall asleep hanging on the ceiling and just fell down to the floor everytime it happened xD 

The real threat to be aware of here are mosquitos as they can spread quite a few nasty diseases... 

xD 

True what you say about it not being as bad as it sounds, just going from a place like here to a place like there would take a while to adjust to, it would seem like you have just been thrust into an Indiana Jones movie... 

Image result for indiana jones snakes gif

"I really do need that Toilet Roll behind you" 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

For most it would bring back terrible memories of the scene from Jaws when the immortal line 'you're going to need a bigger boat' was uttered.  But when a team of divers spotted the largest great white shark on the planet they only hesitated to grab their cameras before they jumped into the sea.

The enormous predator named Deep Blue is up to 50 years old, weights 2.5 tons and measures 20ft long. 

It was drawn to the water around Hawaii for what one diver described as an 'all you can eat buffet' - to feed on a dead sperm whale. Deep Blue was last spotted in Mexico in 2013 where it was fitted with a tracker which is how divers were able to identify it this time. Conservation photographer Juan Oliphant was one of the divers who took the plunge along with with marine biologist Ocean Ramsey   

Ocean Ramsey swimming with Deep Blue in photos shot by Juan Oliphant after it was spotted in the water off Oahu on Sunday by Kimberly Jeffries. Deep Blue became an icon several years ago during Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, through her remarkable size and age. She is 20 feet long and thought to be 50 years old. Pictures show the pair getting remarkably close to the deadly animal

It's likely that Deep Blue grew so big simply because of her age. Before being spotted in Hawaii, the great white was caught on video in July 2018 near Guadalupe Island, off the west coast of Mexico. It was spotted feeding on the carcass of a whale

Divers could identify her as 'Deep Blue' thanks to a tag she was implanted with when she appeared off the coast of Mexico two decades ago.

What a monster!!! Think I might have waited until it's belly was full before jumping in.. 

Full story here.. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602153/Largest-great-white-shark-Deep-Blue-spotted-Hawaii.html

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

For most it would bring back terrible memories of the scene from Jaws when the immortal line 'you're going to need a bigger boat' was uttered.  But when a team of divers spotted the largest great white shark on the planet they only hesitated to grab their cameras before they jumped into the sea.

The enormous predator named Deep Blue is up to 50 years old, weights 2.5 tons and measures 20ft long. 

It was drawn to the water around Hawaii for what one diver described as an 'all you can eat buffet' - to feed on a dead sperm whale. Deep Blue was last spotted in Mexico in 2013 where it was fitted with a tracker which is how divers were able to identify it this time. Conservation photographer Juan Oliphant was one of the divers who took the plunge along with with marine biologist Ocean Ramsey   

Ocean Ramsey swimming with Deep Blue in photos shot by Juan Oliphant after it was spotted in the water off Oahu on Sunday by Kimberly Jeffries. Deep Blue became an icon several years ago during Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, through her remarkable size and age. She is 20 feet long and thought to be 50 years old. Pictures show the pair getting remarkably close to the deadly animal

It's likely that Deep Blue grew so big simply because of her age. Before being spotted in Hawaii, the great white was caught on video in July 2018 near Guadalupe Island, off the west coast of Mexico. It was spotted feeding on the carcass of a whale

Divers could identify her as 'Deep Blue' thanks to a tag she was implanted with when she appeared off the coast of Mexico two decades ago.

What a monster!!! Think I might have waited until it's belly was full before jumping in.. 

Full story here.. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6602153/Largest-great-white-shark-Deep-Blue-spotted-Hawaii.html

Geez I don't know how those divers can even swim with those massive balls of steel... You wouldn't get my anywhere near that thing... It's a magnificent animal though.

• Subscriber

The daughter's pet rats are coming on good now, she has re-named them Charmander & Rainbow (white one), Rainbow is the friendlier one out of the two and I had her in my hand this morning feeding her a piece of peanut butter sandwich which she loves, the daughter had her running all around her this morning.

download.thumb.png.92c07ad0a1a3e72441abce6721384a72.png

Edited by CaaC (John)
Replace lost photo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Alligators freeze in N. Carolina swamp with noses above the ice

OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. — Alligators in one North Carolina swamp have once again allowed themselves to freeze in place with their noses above the ice.

The Charlotte Observer reports The Swamp Park manager George Howard says 18 American alligators froze Monday night and stayed frozen all day Tuesday. He says the alligators seem to sense when the water is at its freezing point and poke their noses into the air "at just the right moment."

Howard has said frozen alligators enter a state of "brumation," which is similar to hibernation.

Alligators in the 65-acre park and sanctuary in Ocean Isle Beach weathered freezing temperatures for the first time this way last January. He says those alligators thawed out days later with no apparent injuries.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/alligators-freeze-in-n-carolina-swamp-with-noses-above-ice/ar-BBSIJFb

Edited by CaaC (John)
Delete out of date photo *
  • Upvote 2

On 17/01/2019 at 20:29, nudge said:

Geez I don't know how those divers can even swim with those massive balls of steel... You wouldn't get my anywhere near that thing... It's a magnificent animal though.

Same, fuck that.

I'd swim near Orcas/Killer whales though.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On 23/01/2019 at 13:30, CaaC - John said:

The daughter's pet rats are coming on good now, she has re-named them Charmander & Rainbow (white one), Rainbow is the friendlier one out of the two and I had her in my hand this morning feeding her a piece of peanut butter sandwich which she loves, the daughter had her running all around her this morning.

50927961_10157020675652855_9097856608381

50706014_10157020675897855_7628207404865

Horrible things, especially the albino one.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On 22/01/2019 at 10:51, Pyfish said:

This had me in stitches this morning. Had to keep watching the part where he ducks and then rises up. Please tell me it's not just me that found it hilarious. Man, I love dogs!

They are funny... Our dog Mooms is pretty good around food, I can leave a whole plate of bacon egg and chips unattended and she won't touch it at all... She will however try to rob crisps and chocolate off Leelah.. I suppose she thinks she is easy pickings.. xD

I would fucking murder those things if I ever saw them running around in my house. 

Never understood some people's fascination with rats. Vile creatures.

I remember when my mother in law found one in her basement. I wore a gardening glove, trapped it in a corner, grabbed it, went out the back and tossed the little fucker as far as I could. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I would fucking murder those things if I ever saw them running around in my house. 

Didn't know people kept rats as pets. I've never seen it here. 

I do know 2 people who both have pet snakes, and I have never understood the desire to have one at your house. 

I'll keep my dog and (wife's) cat. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I remember when my mother in law found one in her basement. I wore a gardening glove, trapped it in a corner, grabbed it, went out the back and tossed the little fucker as far as I good. 

They are not as bad as people make out, they are pretty friendly. I had to look after a couple for a friend while he was moving house and although the missus was not too keen the kids liked them... 

• Subscriber

Because people read about sewer rats they presume the name rat means that type, any animal wild or whatever you can domesticate them and they will respond, snakes, spiders etc, I have often said to the wife that if a great big elephant or rhino come running towards you then you would run like fuck, the same goes with rats, snakes, spiders etc if they see a great big human being running towards them.

If they get cornered then they will defend themselves (bite, sting) the same as a human being (being cornered) with a gun if a rogue elephant is charging towards them then they would have no choice but shoot it.

• Upvote 1

On 23/01/2019 at 13:30, CaaC - John said:

50927961_10157020675652855_9097856608381

50706014_10157020675897855_7628207404865

Whilst I'm sure Charmander and Rainbow are nice names, I think she should have called them John and Terry.

Seems more apt.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Because people read about sewer rats they presume the name rat means that type, any animal wild or whatever you can domesticate them and they will respond, snakes, spiders etc, I have often said to the wife that if a great big elephant or rhino come running towards you then you would run like fuck, the same goes with rats, snakes, spiders etc if they see a great big human being running towards them.

If they get cornered then they will defend themselves (bite, sting) the same as a human being (being cornered) with a gun if a rogue elephant is charging towards them then they would have no choice but shoot it.

I agree with all of it; just a small but important correction there though - you're talking about taming and not domestication. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I dont like rodents in general. 

But they can do so much... they are capable of learning as much as a dog... 

They can do the shopping for you if you are ill... 

Image result for cute rats

They can play musical instruments... 

Related image

Keen on photography.... one for Nudge there

Good at Chess.... 

Good company on film night... 

And they always know when the day has been a bit too long and it's time to hit the sack... 

Related image

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2