talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Animals

football forum

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Great satisfaction watching that video. 

Sorry @nudge & @CaaC - John

To be fair I saw a Staffy kill a rat in an alley way when I was a kid and there were a few rats seen in the area and I actually felt sorry for the rat. They are dirty fuckas and invasive pests, but you somewhat feel sorry for them especially when they start making a squealing sound. Sometimes they have to be killed, but it should always been done humanly. A natural predator taking care of them is the best way.

As for mice, they are probably bigger pests than rats. They might be "cute", but the little fuckas will invade you like no other xD.

I remember as a child, my grandmother took me to a shop and purchased a rabbit. I befriended that rabbit and thought my grandmother got it as a gift for me. 

The next day, it was gone. My parents said it was killed by the cat given we left it upstairs in an open balcony. Dinner that evening, the chicken tasted particularly off....xD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

An owl has died nearby today after eating a poisoned rat... :( 

Yeah poisoning is not the way to do it for me. Glue traps are also horrific and should never be used.

Just buy a dog if you have a rat problem, usually when living on a farm. Or even a cat, although some of the rats I've seen when night fishing would likely fuck a domestic cat up xD

Honestly though, rats generally only bother you if you're a dirty cunt who leaves rubbish everywhere. There are tons when I go fishing but none ever enter my tent and that's because I make sure I leave no shite within 5 meters of it. Mice are worse as they will come into your tent and nibble through whatever they can to find the food. Rats stay away in general unless you leave shit about.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of animals, I'm currently working up at the uni(the same one our resident Mathematician @RandoEFC studied at in fact) doing the groundworks on a new section which is being built and I saw a Kestrel, a Sparrowhawk and a Buzzard all flying in the air out hunting at the same time today. You don't usually see that.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Speaking of animals, I'm currently working up at the uni(the same one our resident Mathematician @RandoEFC studied at in fact) doing the groundworks on a new section which is being built and I saw a Kestrel, a Sparrowhawk and a Buzzard all flying in the air out hunting at the same time today. You don't usually see that.

Are you calling me an animal? Mathematicians are people too you know :ph34r:.

21 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Are you calling me an animal? Mathematicians are people too you know :ph34r:.

To be fair, this city is changing massively. Everything is for students in the town centre(everything closes down and gets turned into student accommodation) and now they are even ripping through fields and countryside land in order to build more shit.

The old night clubs Liquid and Toast are now being renovated and turned in to student accommodation, the land in the centre near currys, etc is going to be a new massive big city block, they have closed down "the lounge", knocked it down and are now building city blocks there as well, along with more city blocks in that massive old building near the car park on bath mill.

It means more work for me, but nothing that is being built is really making improvements to the city. Well it's called a city but is more like a town really.

With all due respects though, the town is much improved in terms of not being a shithole anymore. Believe it or not, it used to be quite a rough town when I was growing up and every council estate would be alive. When you walk around them nowadays they are like ghost towns, while the town centre is breaming with young women and a lot less smackheads. It's also more cultural than ever. When I was growing up, there was only really a big population of Indians but now it's full of Africans, Chinese, Eastern Europeans, Spaniards, etc and that's one positive in my opinion as I always welcome that.

• 2 weeks later...