talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian A-League

football forum

• Administrator

as expected, Sydney are running riot against Wellington. Not helping that Wellington have made 2 mistakes and Sydney have made them pay for it.

Brosque and Mierzejewski with the goals so far. 2-0 at 15 minutes.

I can only watch the one game a week televised on free to air tv. Fortunately it's the shower of purple shite versus Adelaide tomorrow. I can't wait until I get internet so I can stream our games again though. Haven't seen us play all year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Nabbout just scored one of the goals of the season. Definitely in contention for it anyway. Backheel pass in to his feet, takes on one player and with outside of the foot, curls a shot in from 25 yards out. 

• Administrator

Diego Castro just tried a panenka and it went straight in to the Phoenix keeper's hands xD. Embarrassing.

Sarpreet Singh scored a great goal to put Phoenix in front. His first ever senior goal and it was a beauty. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Stan said:

Diego Castro just tried a panenka and it went straight in to the Phoenix keeper's hands xD. Embarrassing.

Sarpreet Singh scored a great goal to put Phoenix in front. His first ever senior goal and it was a beauty. 

Saw it on my twitter feed, that was a real screamer! :o 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah. Singh, Italiano and especially Arzani are the top 3 youngsters in the league right now. Italiano has dropped off a little since start of the season. Arzani is a livewire. 

Hard to disagree with that. Italiano is only 16, so his form wasn't always going to stay lively. De Silva also up there though not quite as young as the ones you mentioned.

• Administrator

surprised @Toinho hasn't been on here about Perth's win!

1-0 down after Arzani's goal at the end of the first half. 

Veteran Kilkenny scores in the 85th minute to equalise and then they go on to win in the 97th minute through Adam Taggart. The chance of play-offs for Perth still unlikely but not a total impossibility. 

9 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I was drunk at an Irish pub. I saw our winner and silently fist pumped. Maybe one day I'll go back to the ground to watch a game but #kennyout

See what he said about him winning every game left? Yeah... good luck with that

• Administrator

Mierzejewski have come from behind to lead against Western Sydney. 

A brilliant free-kick first off goes in off the bar and a left-foot half volley for his 2nd puts Sydney in to the lead. 

• Administrator

@Blue @Toinho you watching the top of the table clash?

Newcastle vs Sydney.

Jordy Buijs gets O'Donovan sent off.
Jordy Buijs gives away a penalty.
Jordy Buijs assists Sydney's equaliser. 

He's had a busy game xD 

Nabbout has just scored a really good goal to get 10-man Newcastle back in front.