Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Saturday 3rd March - Burnley 2-1 Everton

Kick-off - 12.30
Coverage - sky.PNG

Image result for burnley logo     VS     everton.PNG

Last 5
Burnley 1-1 Southampton
Swansea 1-0 Burnley
Burnley 1-1 Man City
Newcastle 1-1 Burnley
Burnley 0-1 Man Utd

Watford 1-0 Everton
Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 5-1 Everton
Everton 2-1 Leicester
Everton 1-1 West Brom

Top scorers
Burnley - Ashley Barnes/Chris Wood (5)
Everton - Wayne Rooney (11)

Top Assists
Burnley - Johann Berg Gudmundsson (5)
Everton - Dominic Calvert-Lewin (4)

Match Info
Burnley haven't won any game in any competition since 12th December, drawing 6 and losing 6 since this date
They have not scored more than 1 goal in a game since a 2-2 draw against Man Utd on 26th December 2017.
In the last 7 fixtures between the 2 teams, the home side has won 5 out of 7 times.
Everton have lost their last 5 away games, conceding 14 in the process. 
If Everton win, they will go level on points with Burnley in 7th place with 37 points. 

This is probably the worst game of the weekend in terms of the entertainment (or lack of) and in terms of what both teams have to play for

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

This is probably the worst game of the weekend in terms of the entertainment (or lack of) and in terms of what both teams have to play for

the first reason - agreed. can see it being quite a dour match.

the second reason - there's still 7th place to play for??

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Prestigious. 

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think most neutrals would be more interested in the games involving team's in the relegation battle than this one

11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Isn't seventh what you aspire to every season?

No. 

7th is something to play for but nobody deserves to be in Europe next season out of Burnley, Leicester or Everton.

3 hours ago, HK85 said:

No. 

Where do you think Everton should aspire to be?

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Where do you think Everton should aspire to be?

Higher. 

10 minutes ago, HK85 said:

xDxDxDxDxDxD

Arsenal are absolutely shite and you lot are a million miles behind them in terms of everything. 

Forget it. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Arsenal are absolutely shite and you lot are a million miles behind them in terms of everything. 

Forget it. 

xD xD xD xD xD  xD xD xD xD xD

Draw in this and a win for us is as good a weekend as we can ask for.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

7th is something to play for but nobody deserves to be in Europe next season out of Burnley, Leicester or Everton.

It'll be a farce if Europe drops to 7th this year to be honest. Not one of those three is worthy of playing in Europe next season for me and all three would need to significantly improve if they did. I still think we're the best placed to do it with our run in, although recent evidence suggests our run in might not be as good as it appears. The bookies agree too.

Burnley not winning in 11 games and still being 7th sums up the league this year to be quite honest. They should be fighting relegation after a run like that.

Whoever doesn't get it needs shooting. We're all passing each other opportunity after opportunity. We failed to beat this dreadful Stoke side (again) and thought we've shot our chances to bits, only for Burnley and Everton to follow it up with equally poor results and not penalise us, and yet there's no-one below us three who seems to be capable of putting any kind of run together either. Bournemouth have a chance I reckon if they beat us on Saturday.

Since December we've taken 2 points from Watford (A), Everton (A), Swansea (H), Crystal Palace (H) and Stoke (H) which is quite frankly an embarrassment.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Stan said:

I can't imagine any neutral being bothered about that. A watered down battle for 4th.

3 hours ago, HK85 said:

xD xD xD xD xD  xD xD xD xD xD

Then again, you do have Fat Sam so who knows?

xD

xD  

Liverpool fans flooding our match day thread (not even like we've got Arsenal or Chelsea making it vaguely relevant to them) to state the obvious again.

I can't believe how obsessed with Liverpool we are.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Have you only just noticed? @LFCMadLad posts more about Everton than Liverpool on here.

Don’t take it out on me because Everton are fucking shite. The only reason you lot don’t post about us is because we piss all over you in absolutely every aspect. 

Once a blue, always a twat :whistling:

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Exhibit A. 

I'm all for banter, but the constant bashing of Everton in any and every thread becomes tedious and starts to sound a bit weird/obsessed. 

Each to their own.

“Constant bashing in every thread” is more than far fetched. Especially when you’re the one who constantly spouts the ‘victim’ comments and such as that  against Liverpool but then cries like a bitch when anyone retaliates saying it’s bringing the forum down. 

No bother, I’ll just go through the threads and highlight all the comments you make regarding Liverpool. 

No I won’t cos that would be sad, as is you pissing yourself whenever I mention Everton, which isn’t that much. 

You come from Liverpool and you think a Liverpool fan taking the piss out of Everton is weird? Have you been living under a rock? You should be used to it by now son  

Everton are wank, it’s funny for Liverpool fans. If the boot was on the other foot? Get over it.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

“Constant bashing in every thread” is more than far fetched. Especially when you’re the one who constantly spouts the ‘victim’ comments and such as that  against Liverpool but then cries like a bitch when anyone retaliates saying it’s bringing the forum down. 

No bother, I’ll just go through the threads and highlight all the comments you make regarding Liverpool. 

No I won’t cos that would be sad, as is you pissing yourself whenever I mention Everton, which isn’t that much. 

You come from Liverpool and you think a Liverpool fan taking the piss out of Everton is weird? Have you been living under a rock? You should be used to it by now son  

Everton are wank, it’s funny for Liverpool fans. If the boot was on the other foot? Get over it.  

aaaaaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Exhibit A. 

I'm all for banter, but the constant bashing of Everton in any and every thread becomes tedious and starts to sound a bit weird/obsessed. 

Each to their own.

Spot on. I raised this point months ago when every thread I went in was just "hurdy hur Everton are shit" "hurdy hur hur Allardyce is fat" "hurdy hurdy hur Everton spent lots of money in the summer".

It's tedious and if you don't like being called out for going into every thread that is mildly related to Everton and saying the same thing in each one four times a week then don't do it in the first place.

I could only understand it if Everton fans were actually defending anything about the club because then there might be some debate to be had but look at the first three comments in this thread. One Everton fan predicting a heavy defeat, one Everton fan counting down to the end of the season and one Everton fan berating the fact that Sky are actually bothering to televise us again.

All for a bit of banter between Red and Blue but look at how this conversation started. Liverpool fan asks Everton fan what we should be aspiring too, which is indeed higher than 7th as anyone with two brain cells to rub together could already see, Liverpool fans then respond pointing out that we are miles behind which is also true as anyone with two brain cells to rub together could already see. Problem is nobody is arguing with it and nobody has for months, so it's pointless that people keep saying it because it's stating a fact. Don't see people going into every Liverpool thread and staying the obvious all the time "Salah has scored quite a few goals this season".

If Liverpool fans care about Everton as little as they try to make out, they wouldn't even be clicking on this thread.

• Upvote 1

This hoof ball from Burnley is the worst I've seen for a while but with Keane and Williams in defence the sad part is it'll eventually work.

Hard not to argue we're fortunate to still be ahead at half time. Fully expect the Calvert-Lewin 》 Schneiderlin substitution at half time.

Sigurdsson down the centre has been pretty sexy though. Great strength and control from him to start the move that led to the goal. Coleman assisting with the flick on too, always getting forward at the right time.

Pickford is an absolute game changer and it's literally insane that there's any debate over whether he or Butland should be England's first choice.