talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany National Team Discussion

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Not Germany national team specific but that's some dunk by the Korean FA on Jurgen Klinsmann.

Well, I could have told them that before they hired him. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Fucking finally man.

• Your predecessor Hansi Flick followed the motto "mentality beats talent." But it didn't work. Nagelsmann: "That's why we're changing the squad compared to the World Cup in Qatar. We don't have to call up ten new players, but some players, whom many people think will definitely be there, will not be called up" • Can you already reveal whom this will affect? Nagelsmann : "No, I'll discuss this with the respective players first."

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Really happy for Pavlovic. I imainge its more to do with getting him capped so he cant run away to Serbia but either way good stuff. Definitely some big omissions on the list but im here for it. Hopefully this bears some fruit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dortmund's Julian Brandt has been dropped from Germany's 2024 Euro Squad. Apparently only 2 Dortmund players have been selected for the Euros this summer, despite the fact that Dortmund have reached the Champions League Final. But the exclusion of Brandt I find the most shocking, he has played very well this season in the matches I have seen him play in. It's a shame that he won't play for Germany on home soil at Euro 2024.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Michael said:

Dortmund's Julian Brandt has been dropped from Germany's 2024 Euro Squad. Apparently only 2 Dortmund players have been selected for the Euros this summer, despite the fact that Dortmund have reached the Champions League Final. But the exclusion of Brandt I find the most shocking, he has played very well this season in the matches I have seen him play in. It's a shame that he won't play for Germany on home soil at Euro 2024.

How comes you're that sure? Genuine question. As far as I know only 18 members of a 23men squad have been nominated so far. Granted, Germany will likely take 3 goalkeepers to the tournament and only 1 of them -Neuer- has been announced, so far. Still considering that's 3 spots for non keepers that are unoccupied as it stands. From the players already nominated 4 are designated attackers, doubt Nagelsmann will nominate an additional one. Given 5 of these 18 players are defenders I'd say  there's 1 perhaps even two spots in midfield left.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

10 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

How comes you're that sure? Genuine question. As far as I know only 18 members of a 23men squad have been nominated so far. Granted, Germany will likely take 3 goalkeepers to the tournament and only 1 of them -Neuer- has been announced, so far. Still considering this 3 spots for non keepers are unoccupied as it stands. From the players already nominated 4 are designated attackers, doubt Nagelsmann will nominate an additional one. Given 5 of these 18 players are defenders I'd say  there's 1 perhaps even two spots in midfield left.

Just going by these reports

The head coach of the German national team, Julian Nagelsmann, has decided not to summon the leader of Borussia Dortmund to the national team. As reported by Sky Sports, midfielder Julian Brandt will not be part of the squad for the 2024 European Championship.

Another Borussia Dortmund leader will not go to the 2024 UEFA EURO | Dailysports

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Michael said:

Just going by these reports

The head coach of the German national team, Julian Nagelsmann, has decided not to summon the leader of Borussia Dortmund to the national team. As reported by Sky Sports, midfielder Julian Brandt will not be part of the squad for the 2024 European Championship.

Another Borussia Dortmund leader will not go to the 2024 UEFA EURO | Dailysports

To be frank: I'd take articles concerning German football from media, that isn't even available in German, with a pinch of salt. Two occurences from top of my head. An English football reporter said in English TV Dortmund would be a small town after the CL first leg, although there's only 3 British cities (London, Birmingham, and Glasgow) that are bigger than it. BBC wrote in their article Bayern's loss in Saarbrücken had been their first cup match this seaon, although Bayern eliminated Preußen Münster from the first round. Mentioning it to give you an impression which kind of Germany experts even serious British sports journos are.

12 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be frank: I'd take articles concerning German football from media, that isn't even available in German, with a pinch of salt. Two occurences from top of my head. An English football reporter said in English TV Dortmund would be a small town after the CL first leg, although there's only 3 British cities (London, Birmingham, and Glasgow) that are bigger than it. BBC wrote in their article Bayern's loss in Saarbrücken had been their first cup match this seaon, although Bayern eliminated Preußen Münster from the first round. Mentioning it to give you an impression which kind of Germany experts even serious British sports journos are.

I'll have you know we are very well informed when it comes to the ins and outs of German football and Germany cities, I believe there are more cities than just London, Birmingham and Glasgow in the UK that are bigger than Borussia.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Granted, Germany will likely take 3 goalkeepers to the tournament

Wrong!

@Tommy I got him!

Edit: Actually, one more player will be cut, so maybe he'll be right.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I'll have you know we are very well informed when it comes to the ins and outs of German football and Germany cities, I believe there are more cities than just London, Birmingham and Glasgow in the UK that are bigger than Borussia.

Than byou believe something wrong. Source: http://statista.com/statistics/275359/largest-cities-in-the-united-kingdom/

Comparison: Dortmund has an inhabitance of 593K Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dortmund