talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte leaves Chelsea (Confirmed)

Next Chelsea Manager  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Manage Chelsea Next?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Marco Silva
    • Diego Simeone
    • Laurent Blanc
    • Marco Silva
    • Other

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Lol not the greatest source for Football Italia though is it.

Headline might as well have said: "Some bloke says words."

Granted, I think Sarri would be a great manager at Chelsea (although, as you know from my previous posts... I think Chelsea should make the switch from being so immediate-success-driven to actually building towards sustainable long term success through goals over time - and Chelsea are a strong enough club in terms of what they've got now and the financial power to chase long term goals and immediate success). But Sarri's a manager who took a good Napoli and got them playing attractive and competitive football. I think Juve may have taken his chance of the Scudetto away from him this season... but Napoli have been seriously impressive this year.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol not the greatest source for Football Italia though is it.

Headline might as well have said: "Some bloke says words."

Granted, I think Sarri would be a great manager at Chelsea (although, as you know from my previous posts... I think Chelsea should make the switch from being so immediate-success-driven to actually building towards sustainable long term success through goals over time - and Chelsea are a strong enough club in terms of what they've got now and the financial power to chase long term goals and immediate success). But Sarri's a manager who took a good Napoli and got them playing attractive and competitive football. I think Juve may have taken his chance of the Scudetto away from him this season... but Napoli have been seriously impressive this year.

He's obviously my preferred choice. 

Finishing outside the top 4 may be a blessing in disguise. Bring new ideas and long term strategy for the club.  Gives the next manager less pressure as qualification for Top 4 would probably be the maximum expected his first season. Also, judging by some players we are linked with, it also indicates we are looking for more technical players around the starting XI. Add that going after a manager (Sarri) who has an attacking mindset, all points that the club is heading in a more positive direction. He would obviously need time and support from everyone. 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's obviously my preferred choice. 

Finishing outside the top 4 may be a blessing in disguise. Bring new ideas and long term strategy for the club.  Gives the next manager less pressure as qualification for Top 4 would probably be the maximum expected his first season. Also, judging by some players we are linked with, it also indicates we are looking for more technical players around the starting XI. Add that going after a manager (Sarri) who has an attacking mindset, all points that the club is heading in a more positive direction. He would obviously need time and support from everyone. 

I wonder if Conte shot himself in the foot by Chelsea winning the title last season (as weird as that is to say). I think that boosted expectations pretty high for him to keep delivering and while Chelsea have a strong squad, it's clear the extra games from Europe had at least somewhat of an impact. And the fact that other clubs at the top got a bit stronger (other than Arsenal).

In any case, if Sarri comes in and can instill an attacking mindset and attacking football that Chelsea work to be their style for the long term (so if they do have to replace Sarri sooner rather than later, replacements will be managers who play a similar attacking style), I think that would be a very good thing for Chelsea and for the league. Right now so many of the top teams in the league play very attractive stuff, as well as being impressive and strong teams. And last season I thought Chelsea played good stuff too, but this season's been much more conservative from what I've seen. Having Chelsea, with their strong squad and their financial muscle, playing good football consistently year after year would only do more for the entertainment value of the league. 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wonder if Conte shot himself in the foot by Chelsea winning the title last season (as weird as that is to say). I think that boosted expectations pretty high for him to keep delivering and while Chelsea have a strong squad, it's clear the extra games from Europe had at least somewhat of an impact. And the fact that other clubs at the top got a bit stronger (other than Arsenal).

In any case, if Sarri comes in and can instill an attacking mindset and attacking football that Chelsea work to be their style for the long term (so if they do have to replace Sarri sooner rather than later, replacements will be managers who play a similar attacking style), I think that would be a very good thing for Chelsea and for the league. Right now so many of the top teams in the league play very attractive stuff, as well as being impressive and strong teams. And last season I thought Chelsea played good stuff too, but this season's been much more conservative from what I've seen. Having Chelsea, with their strong squad and their financial muscle, playing good football consistently year after year would only do more for the entertainment value of the league. 

Another great thing, is that Sarri is virtually the opposite of Conte when it comes to transfers. He won't be complaning if we don't make any big money signings. 

• 2 weeks later...

Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri has held talks about a new contract with club president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

Sarri has been touted as a possible successor to Antonio Conte if the Chelsea boss leaves Stamford Bridge in the close-season.

Sarri and De Laurentiis had a two-hour meeting on Wednesday, where it is understood a new deal was discussed, although he is yet to commit his future to the Serie A side.

Napoli will be keen to hold on to the 59-year-old, who has guided the club to second in the Italian league.

Can only hope he declines it. If not, only other manager I'd feel that can take the club forward is Jardim. 

If neither, appoint Jody Morris as interim and see how he does. 

Want this conservative football ridden from this club once and for all. 

All I can say is that Sarri has made himself a household name of beautiful football at a very late age. With all due respects to a club I have a great affection for (Napoli), Sarri should take a chance on something big because I’m sure most clubs if not all would take him on in a blink of an eye. 

23 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Oh, the arrogance is strong xD

xD

That came out wrong on what I wanted it to mean although I don’t think much of Zenit because they’re just another of those clubs in all honesty.

What I meant is that moving from Napoli to Zenit is a step down and we know why someone would make a similar move such as this one. 

8 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Oh, the arrogance is strong xD

Meaningless might be a harsh word... but I think it's fair to say Napoli to Zenit is a major step down.

I quite like Napoli and I think Sarri is great, so I hope he's not on the verge of leaving to go to Chelsea.

20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Been in talks today allegedly.

Yeah. Rumors both Roman and De Laurentiis were going to release Conte and Sarri. Napoli to appoint Ancelotti after. 

Been also reported that Marina and Sarri have been in negotiations these past couple days. And that he accepted today. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived