talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte leaves Chelsea (Confirmed)

Next Chelsea Manager  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Manage Chelsea Next?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Marco Silva
    • Diego Simeone
    • Laurent Blanc
    • Marco Silva
    • Other

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being reported that Sarri could be announced by the end of the week after the club have agreed a 9.5Mill deal for Conte and his staff... 

We shall see, they also said that a decision would be made at the end of the season about Conte and we are in the group stages of the World Cup and still nothing.. 

The club knows how to soften the blow, we will get Sarri and the fans will get a fan favorite back at the Bridge. They will be estatic about it, while forgetting that we sacked a manager who has won two major trophies in two seasons.

42 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The club knows how to soften the blow, we will get Sarri and the fans will get a fan favorite back at the Bridge. They will be estatic about it, while forgetting that we sacked a manager who has won two major trophies in two seasons.

Fundamentally it's hard to argue with that point of view because Antonio Conte has only been in the job two seasons and as you say, he's won two major trophies in England coming in from a different league (Italy).

We must also recognise and appreciate what he walked into when he arrived at Stamford Bridge with a broken side that was disfunctional. 

But Conte's time at Chelsea has also been full of chaotic moments like for example the much publicised rift with Diego Costa and that infamous SMS to the then Chelsea player telling him his services were no longer needed... That just causes mayhem!

The season just ended where the defence of the Premier League is concerned was awful with Conte early on in the campaign criticising the club for seemingly not brining in reinforcements in the shape of players he required for his brand of football.  This isn't a question of whether or not you have a personal preference for his brand of football.... Fans were content when winning the Premier League a season earlier and no ifs and buts were put into the debating table which shows how fickle we all are as fans at times. 

But things must've been very wrong inside the dressing room because the downfall in terms of the Premier League defence was too acute to ignore. The club MUST be in the know on all of what's been ocurring inside and thus Conte's position being unattainable and a new coach having to be brought in.

Antonio Conte is headstrong and takes no prisoners when it comes to manifesting his sentiments on football issues.... This type of character can be both beneficial in certain aspects and destructive in others.  I'll say this... I love Sarri's brand of football, it's the football I personally love to watch.  But if we're comparing and analysing chameleonic volatile characters, then Maurizio Sarri is even more adept to making his point of view heard and he will definitely not bow down to anyone or anything telling him what should or shouldn't be done so as to make him feel he can do his job adequately.

Theres nothing perfect in life!

Scolari was brought in to bring sexy football, started off well and ended in tears. I agree on high quality football, but results unfortunately have to come first. I don't want 10 sexy games and 5 defeats out of them, what would the good football mean to the club? As for Conte he lost it at Chelsea in the second season, from the team to the board. Cried over the course of the season but had more than a good enough squad to make it to the top four. Okay made amends with a major trophy but overall should have done better. The board had to deal with his wishes better and things would be better today. This way we don't have a manager and we have no clue who stays from the "stars" players. We aren't even linked to a single soul, the sooner we appoint a new manager the sooner we can get things going. I gave up ages ago on a long term manager it will just never happen under Roman. New managers, new systems, new silverware the winning formula it seem's. Not thinking of the long term good of the club and just living in the present. Incredible academy not used, million of players on loan every season from which only a rare few get a proper chance. Hey i am not even complaining, we have it wayyyyy better than we used to or that other clubs have it. I just think things should be dealt in a different way for the better of the club and fans. Maybe Sarri will be the real deal, who knows but even he knows that he is in for the pay a year or two and he is off to a new challenge. Doubt any manager in the world come to Chelsea and thinks he will be here for a decade, maybe Jose thought it after his second spell and that ended in us almost being relegated. 

8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Scolari was brought in to bring sexy football, started off well and ended in tears. I agree on high quality football, but results unfortunately have to come first. I don't want 10 sexy games and 5 defeats out of them, what would the good football mean to the club? As for Conte he lost it at Chelsea in the second season, from the team to the board. Cried over the course of the season but had more than a good enough squad to make it to the top four. Okay made amends with a major trophy but overall should have done better. The board had to deal with his wishes better and things would be better today. This way we don't have a manager and we have no clue who stays from the "stars" players. We aren't even linked to a single soul, the sooner we appoint a new manager the sooner we can get things going. I gave up ages ago on a long term manager it will just never happen under Roman. New managers, new systems, new silverware the winning formula it seem's. Not thinking of the long term good of the club and just living in the present. Incredible academy not used, million of players on loan every season from which only a rare few get a proper chance. Hey i am not even complaining, we have it wayyyyy better than we used to or that other clubs have it. I just think things should be dealt in a different way for the better of the club and fans. Maybe Sarri will be the real deal, who knows but even he knows that he is in for the pay a year or two and he is off to a new challenge. Doubt any manager in the world come to Chelsea and thinks he will be here for a decade, maybe Jose thought it after his second spell and that ended in us almost being relegated. 

Good post where a fan’s sentiments are concerned. Thank the lord you weren’t complaining like you said though!! xD;)

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Good post where a fan’s sentiments are concerned. Thank the lord you weren’t complaining like you said though!! xD;)

I am really not complaining about the silverware part, we average a trophy per season since Roman took over. I mean there is always cunts that aren't happy. Personally i was not pleased with different aspects from the club, as stated above. Doubt they will be changing any time soon.

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I am really not complaining about the silverware part, we average a trophy per season since Roman took over. I mean there is always cunts that aren't happy. Personally i was not pleased with different aspects from the club, as stated above. Doubt they will be changing any time soon.

I was pulling your leg mate. xD;)

Sarri is much more like Conte in a way compared to Scolari and AVB. 

The former two are exceptional coaches of the highest regard.  Conte seriously stopped trying since January. 

Even if Sarri stays for only 2/3 years, it gives the club some hope given the direction we are headed towards. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

@True Blue @carefreeluke @Spike @The Liquidator @Bluewolf

Lads, it's finally happening. 

Hopefully they can finally put this to bed... I understand that we have a number of potential signings that have stalled because of the delay with the management situation. I have also been reading that Zola was not Sarri's choice but was a request from the club.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Hopefully they can finally put this to bed... I understand that we have a number of potential signings that have stalled because of the delay with the management situation. I have also been reading that Zola was not Sarri's choice but was a request from the club.. 

We've always had a club based assistant working with the manager. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived