talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte leaves Chelsea (Confirmed)

Next Chelsea Manager  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Manage Chelsea Next?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Luis Enrique
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Marco Silva
    • Diego Simeone
    • Laurent Blanc
    • Marco Silva
    • Other

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I agree. However, I posted a page back that Conte himself isn't in any way innocent in this whole situation. 

Fair enough, he seems like a combative character. For me I respect that he pushed back and stuck to his vision of what needs to change rather than rolling over and becoming a yes man. He did clearly lose the dressing room though as much as I hate that cliche.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

As if Chelsea fans actually don't like Conte. He might have acted like a bit of a cunt and a crybaby but he won you two trophies.

Also got to say you lads were fuming over your business last summer and it's clearly down to the board not being willing to invest in the squad. Feel free to explain to me why I'm wrong but from the outside looking in I don't understand why Conte falling out with the board is a bad thing, the Chelsea board are a pack of cunts who need to be challenged on their bullshit.

It still seems to work with Chelsea winning titles and trophies under a new manager before going into a decline and restarting the cycle again  but eventually you'll have a couple of shitty managerial appointments in a row and go five years without silverware and people will be complaining that the problem runs deeper than poor managers and calling for change at board room level.

it's hard to understand why the Board won't support a manager who has won them the EPL in his first season.      This isn't the first time that Chelsea has facked a winning manager, it happened with Jose prior to Conte.       Is the chelsea board of directors acting like spoiled brats bcoz of Roman's wealth ?? or what is it that makes them act like that ???

4 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

it's hard to understand why the Board won't support a manager who has won them the EPL in his first season.      This isn't the first time that Chelsea has facked a winning manager, it happened with Jose prior to Conte.       Is the chelsea board of directors acting like spoiled brats bcoz of Roman's wealth ?? or what is it that makes them act like that ???

Again, you just have to look at my post on page 5

And Conte is innocent in all of this? I love the man, but he certainly isn't an angel. 

He's wanted out for well over 6 months now and hasn't been shy about it. All of this was followed by quite simply the worst and most cowardly football I have ever seen us play. The defeat to City at the Ethiad will forever give me nightmares. 

He's publicly fallen out with players and the board, you no longer see him turn up to match days in a suit or show any passion on the sidelines. He didn't care and checked out. We were 2nd place in January, to which after his little tantrum, we dropped down to 5th in a matter of days. 

Despite being very clear on his short term plans, he then sulked very publicly, when the board refused to prioritise his 30+ year old transfer targets. Targets that were never in the best interest of Chelsea's long term future

The only reason this has dragged on so much, is because De Laurentiis is a massive ball breaker. Negotiations with him are practically impossible. We couldn't sack Conte straight after the FA Cup victory, because then we would have no leverage. That prick would of charged something ridiculous for Sarri. 

I don't get the appeal of Sarri for Chelsea fans. They crave on being the club that dont bottle. That's evident through the obsession with Gerrard's slip and the laughing at Tottenham even through England's expense. So why appoint Sarri? Biggest bottle job going last season.

Chelsea have only ever encouraged his style of play in 2004/05. It's going to be a massive culture change with a hot head whose possibly just as naive as the last manager. I see no excitement in an appointment that won't last more than two years.

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't get the appeal of Sarri for Chelsea fans. They crave on being the club that dont bottle. That's evident through the obsession with Gerrard's slip and the laughing at Tottenham even through England's expense. So why appoint Sarri? Biggest bottle job going last season.

Chelsea have only ever encouraged his style of play in 2004/05. It's going to be a massive culture change with a hot head whose possibly just as naive as the last manager. I see no excitement in an appointment that won't last more than two years.

In what way is finishing second on 90 points, (something that has never been done in Italy) with a very thin squad and limited resources compared to Juve, Inter, and Milan, regarded as a bottle job? 

19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

In what way is finishing second on 90 points, (something that has never been done in Italy) with a very thin squad and limited resources compared to Juve, Inter, and Milan, regarded as a bottle job? 

napoli gave juve a bit of scare last season.     that loss to fiorentina was the only let down of napoli in the long haul.

will Sarri be able to bring ( buy ) any Napoli players with him ??   Koulibaly is very good and there were rumors that he'll come with Sarri to chelsea ....

one thing's for sure this coming season,  the epl will be more exciting with everyone watching both the manchester clubs on how they would fare, if City will continue to dominate or United closing the gap.   If Arsenal and Chelsea would be better with their new managers.   If whether Klopp and Liverpool will build upon their success ( not so ) in reaching the UCL Finals.   If Spurs will continue to be the best-bottler of all time in the epl ...  lots of things to look up to ................

3 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

napoli gave juve a bit of scare last season.     that loss to fiorentina was the only let down of napoli in the long haul.

will Sarri be able to bring ( buy ) any Napoli players with him ??   Koulibaly is very good and there were rumors that he'll come with Sarri to chelsea ....

one thing's for sure this coming season,  the epl will be more exciting with everyone watching both the manchester clubs on how they would fare, if City will continue to dominate or United closing the gap.   If Arsenal and Chelsea would be better with their new managers.   If whether Klopp and Liverpool will build upon their success ( not so ) in reaching the UCL Finals.   If Spurs will continue to be the best-bottler of all time in the epl ...  lots of things to look up to ................

Jorginho is all but confirmed. Strong rumors in Rugani and Higuain who both previously worked under Sarri. 

Top 4 will be exciting this season. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Jorginho is all but confirmed. Strong rumors in Rugani and Higuain who both previously worked under Sarri. 

Top 4 will be exciting this season. 

yeah.    after ronaldo's news coming to juventus, gonzalo's name was next on the headlines .............. going out or not. 

by the way, what's the situation with the cry-baby that is Morata ???  We've heard at the end of last season that he wants to go back to Juve, pleading that Juve will take him back, but now that cr7 is there .... .......... ???

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Got nothing to show for it after setting the pace. You get passionate about Chelsea managers at the initial stage all the time. They'll never change their ethos. It's a bad fit.

16 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Got nothing to show for it after setting the pace. You get passionate about Chelsea managers at the initial stage all the time. They'll never change their ethos. It's a bad fit.

Pretty important factors you are choosing to ignore whilst labeling it a bottle job. 

When you look at the shape of the league, long term stability is what we need going forward. There is no way we can continue the same success sacking manager after manager anymore. City look untouchable and Liverpool are heading towards the same direction. Spurs will always be there. United will continue to spend. Arsenal are starting to build a decent side under a new manager. 

Long term stability doesn't necessary bring success. What Sarri will bring, is a long term ideology. 

Conservative football isn't going to bring us forward, which seems to be the reoccurring theme of our failure directly after success. Even if Sarri is here for only 2 seasons, it shows which direction the club plans on pursuing. 

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pretty important factors you are choosing to ignore whilst labeling it a bottle job. 

When you look at the shape of the league, long term stability is what we need going forward. There is no way we can continue the same success sacking manager after manager anymore. City look untouchable and Liverpool are heading towards the same direction. Spurs will always be there. United will continue to spend. Arsenal are starting to build a decent side under a new manager. 

Long term stability doesn't necessary bring success. What Sarri will bring, is a long term ideology. 

Conservative football isn't going to bring us forward, which seems to be the reoccurring theme of our failure directly after success. Even if Sarri is here for only 2 seasons, it shows which direction the club plans on pursuing. 

You have literally picked out your ideal scenario without considering if there's any substance behind it. Chelsea's players are set in a way. Whether it's three at the back of not there players react best on being efficient. Sarri is a big identity change. The biggest since Scolari. I hope it works because Chelsea at there best is a massive challenge to City but I can't see it.

8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You have literally picked out your ideal scenario without considering if there's any substance behind it. Chelsea's players are set in a way. Whether it's three at the back of not there players react best on being efficient. Sarri is a big identity change. The biggest since Scolari. I hope it works because Chelsea at there best is a massive challenge to City but I can't see it.

Then why, given our reputation, would we then go after a manager who's won nothing? Literally zero. Everyone expected us to get Enrique, given how we almost always go after managers with a good CV behind them. 

Sarri is known of his progressive football and ideology. If this isn't enough substance or evidence suggesting the club plans on going towards this direction, then I quite honestly don't know what is. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Then why, given our reputation, would we then go after a manager who's won nothing? Literally zero. Everyone expected us to get Enrique, given how we almost always go after managers with a good CV behind them. 

Sarri is known of his progressive football and ideology. If this isn't enough substance or evidence suggesting the club plans on going towards this direction, then I quite honestly don't know what is. 

Go on, enlighten me, realistically what managers that have won something out there are better than Conte that would join Chelsea? Even Arsenal didn't want Enrique.

30 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Go on, enlighten me, realistically what managers that have won something out there are better than Conte that would join Chelsea? Even Arsenal didn't want Enrique.

Whether the manager is 'better' than Conte, is aside the point. The point is we could of gone after Enrique, Simeone, Jardim, Tuchel, or Blanc. Managers with a proven track record and history of winning. But we didn't. 

Why are we changing that all of a sudden? Maybe because we are trying to head towards a new direction? 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Whether the manager is 'better' than Conte, is aside the point. The point is we could of gone after Enrique, Simeone, Jardim, Tuchel, or Blanc. Managers with a proven track record and history of winning. But we didn't. 

Who says we didnt?

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Chelsea fans should love Conte simply for laughing in hysterics at a press conference when one of their players was acting like a child.

And for the silverware as well.

And that could end up costing him more money than you & I will earn in our lifetime.

Just now, The Liquidator said:

And that could end up costing him more money than you & I will earn in our lifetime.

He's already earnt more than you and I will earn in our lifetime.

Seeing as you'll currently be paying him off til he finds a new job I doubt that.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived