talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Loris Karius got loads of stick at one time for Liverpool.

He's German. 

I'm pretty sure they'll get stick at any given time (warranted or not) because of the way they play, not because of their nationality.

Not sure anyone says there's no discrimination in football? Just not the kind you think.

That's a whole different example though. He actually didn't perform that well for some time and also plays for a smaller club than Real Madrid. Its not just about nationality, if you're REALLY good, you won't get flak. See Weah and Salah.

And trust me, you will be shocked. There are loads of terrible agenda filled football fans out there who do believe that. As a scout, I can tell you I've seen matches in a lot of leagues with players that don't leave their nation due to their football CV. To us the FIFA rankings may not mean much, but to clubs it is very important. Navas got his move after the World Cup, because he impressed. He performs really well, but some people just don't see it because he's not the best goalkeeper in the world.

Actually @Stan you're a good example yourself. Everytime Peru plays, you say we have shit players and we won't make it very far, but what's the reasoning other than we have been a shit football nation the past 40 years? xD

Again, Navas is good and I'm under the belief talent spawns everywhere, but some people don't and automatically assume that if a certain player plays in say Bolivia, they are crap. Football is a big sport.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Like I said, tie was over the moment Ribery missed that chance. 

Seriously should of just turned it off the moment it happened. 

Tie is done, yeah. Bayern really are terrible.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Actually @Stan you're a good example yourself. Everytime Peru plays, you say we have shit players and we won't make it very far, but what's the reasoning other than we have been a shit football nation the past 40 years? xD

Again, Navas is good and I'm under the belief talent spawns everywhere, but some people don't and automatically assume that if a certain player plays in say Bolivia, they are crap. Football is a big sport.

cos it rattles you xD 

I know Peru are a good and improving side. Obviously no doubting that and their results that have got them to the World Cup. 

Just now, Stan said:

cos it rattles you xD 

I know Peru are a good and improving side. Obviously no doubting that and their results that have got them to the World Cup. 

Fair enough, I'll rule you out as one of "them" ;) 

It´s obvious that nationality can influence the career path of a player. There are many examples to it. Vinicius Jr was basically bought by Real Madrid because he´s brazilian.

But in the case of Navas, the criticism is deserved. He´s been a liability for some time now. 

2 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

It´s obvious that nationality can influence the career path of a player. There are many examples to it. Vinicius Jr was basically bought by Real Madrid because he´s brazilian.

But in the case of Navas, the criticism is deserved. He´s been a liability for some time now. 

For me, another good example is Alejandro Chumacero.

Took him a long time to leave The Strongest, when he was already tearing it up continentally with a somewhat weak side. Just for being Bolivian and playing in Bolivia.

Anyone who buys this "you will play in Europe because you are good" are wrong. Talent spawns everywhere, yes. Does that mean good players will play in Europe because of that? No.

Just now, Cicero said:

Great finish though. Weaker foot. 

Has it been said already that Bayern are a shambles? 

To be honest, I'd have taken Roma over them. I even said that 2 weeks ago.

Their style of playing is like 11 turtles decided to form a team. They are just way. too. slow.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Great finish though. Weaker foot. 

Has it been said already that Bayern are a shambles? 

Yeah... I don't watch German football very much (...like ever), so I don't really know how good they are or anything. But I'm pretty surprised at how average they look right now.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 25th April - Bayern Munich 1-2 Real Madrid (SF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived