talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

Supposedly the doc that'll be treating Dembele is like the Dr. House of Sports Medicine, with loads of superstar athlete clientele, Becks among em.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/news/2017-2018/ousmane-dembele-medical-announcement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakari_Orava

Edited by 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Dembele out for 4 months!

kill_myself_nph.gif

Just heard!  That's a massive set back!  WOW!

You can't legislate or plan for situations like these and it's why even with Barcelona's great start I've always been saying that what will hurt them is a thin squad.  Let's see what happens now!

Just now, SirBalon said:

Just heard!  That's a massive set back!  WOW!

You can't legislate or plan for situations like these and it's why even with Barcelona's great start I've always been saying that what will hurt them is a thin squad.  Let's see what happens now!

Perfect opportunity for Deulofeu then. Hope he stays humble and works hard. Only way he'll get on Messi's good side :)

Folks, who do y'all think will be the next to achieve the Ultimate Double, as I call it (The World Cup and Champions League in the same calendar year)?

Khedira was the last to do it in 2014 whilst playing for Germany and Real Madrid. Roberto Carlos was another.

Toni Kroos? Thomas Muller? Gabriel Jesus? Neymar (and the bevy of PSG Brazilians)? Messi???????????????????????

(link to "Ultimate Double" article below):

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/09/13/59b817ae268e3eb81f8b4655.html

3 minutes ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Folks, who do y'all think will be the next to achieve the Ultimate Double, as I call it (The World Cup and Champions League in the same calendar year)?

Khedira was the last to do it in 2014 whilst playing for Germany and Real Madrid. Roberto Carlos was another.

Toni Kroos? Thomas Muller? Gabriel Jesus? Neymar (and the bevy of PSG Brazilians)? Messi???????????????????????

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/09/13/59b817ae268e3eb81f8b4655.html

Busquets, Iniesta, Piqué or Alba...  Take your pick from any of those four! ;)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

There's so much wrong with that decision but I'm not going to bother going into the details as both you and I know the reasons already. That's an absolute shambles on so many levels, how can you be so incompetent?!

From what I've heard from various sources, Robert had it all done as he did with Jean Seri at Nice and Iñigo Martínez from Real Sociedad.  He also had all the relevant paperwork done with lawyers for the contracts that had been drawn up and the president had put the cogs into motion.  In the final hour Robert backed out of all three deals and both for the same reason which apparently was down to technical decisions...  How that can occur (technical decisions) which are decisions made months in advance when you've identified players, I have no idea.  It's a shambles!  Nobody knows why those players never made it to Barcelona and the Marco Verratti situation is quite similar although the apparent issue there is that Robert apparently lied to the club that he had contacted PSG about him and instead spoke directly to the player which is why the player made all those public moves to try and go to Barcelona and in so doing pissed PSG off.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

It makes me uncomfortable how some culés talk about the kids at la masia.

You should see other media news talking about them in y-fronts! O.o

Why do you say that?

The academy at Barcelona has always been at the forefront of news for decades.  Just that it doesn't tend to make international news like this one which I've translated myself so as to bring it here.

In Spain in general youth football is massive and gets prime-time tv showing especially the massive youth tournaments Spain provides both in the country and all over the world.

Just now, SirBalon said:

You should see other media news talking about them in y-fronts! O.o

Why do you say that?

The academy at Barcelona has always been at the forefront of news for decades.  Just that it doesn't tend to make international news like this one which I've translated myself so as to bring it here.

In Spain in general youth football is massive and gets prime-time tv showing especially the massive youth tournaments Spain provides both in the country and all over the world.

To me it is this but with sports.

Image result for beauty pageants

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

To me it is this but with sports.

Image result for beauty pageants

I get that mate, but this is no physical beauty pageant. I see the similarities but this must be a cultural thing because as long as I can remember, youth football all the way to benjamin level is a massive thing in Spain.

I do understand where you're coming from though. 

• Administrator
On 17/09/2017 at 2:20 PM, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Probably Neymar. 

I would have said Ronaldo next year but I don't think Portugal will win the World Cup. 

maybe in 2022 it'll be Asensio with Spain. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It'll be Paulinho in the end :ph34r:

Hahaha... Could actually be!

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Not convinced at all by Brazil. 

Reckon they will get spanked by either Germany, France, or Spain 

I wouldn't underestimate Brazil mate.  They haven't got the best midfield in the world, but it is physical and with that you can achieve top honours if the team is disciplined enough.  Plus there's a detail that many are looking past and isn't all that small...  All the Brazilians at PSG!  They're playing together in Europe and that creates a team spirit in a competitive zone of the world.  That in itself makes them favourites for me mate.

But there are four or maybe five that can genuinely win it.

• Upvote 1