Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Can't see any other choice other than Ten Hag. 

• Upvote 2

Neymar rumours floating around and this time they've been really strong. 

Apparently, Messi wants Neymar back. 

If I made the calls at Barça, I'd push for this move. Neymar is a true generational player and there's no doubt he'd give a lot to the club. Barcelona have to make the most of Messi's peak and Neymar helps it. The fanbase wouldn't like it at first, but you must do what is best for the club not what the fans want.

• Upvote 2

Neymar back would be ace. Regardless of how he turned out at PSG. 

I remember flying over to see Barcelona play Bilbao and have never seen a better individual performance than Neymar, he didn't score but literally ran the game and could have won it on his own.

• Upvote 2

He'll be benched for Coutinho

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can't see any other choice other than Ten Hag. 

I wish, but I can't see it. There's even strong talk of Ronald Koeman (presently in charge of the Netherlands National Team) taking the job and when quizzed on it today he resigned from denying the story.

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Neymar rumours floating around and this time they've been really strong. 

Apparently, Messi wants Neymar back. 

If I made the calls at Barça, I'd push for this move. Neymar is a true generational player and there's no doubt he'd give a lot to the club. Barcelona have to make the most of Messi's peak and Neymar helps it. The fanbase wouldn't like it at first, but you must do what is best for the club not what the fans want.

Remember the fans own the club. They vote for the president and the board which means there's a dangerous game to be played there. This is like politics at a fan owned club like Barça. He has eternally had the membership against him in a decent percentage and all I can say unless things have changed dramatically in a few months (and these sorts of things don't change because of results, Barça aren't Real Madrid who are also fan owned) where Neymar is concerned, all hell could break loose. Imagine having a stadium against you and the team? It wouldn't be the first time it happened and Núñez experienced it while Gaspart was strung up (not in the literal sense) and ousted.

Koeman would be good for Barcelona, his tactics with us were good but his heart wasn't in the job (strong rumours that he didn't take training, only worked mornings etc) but he's a club legend at Barcelona so things might turn out differently.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but certainly better than Martinez. 

Posted (edited)
On 23/05/2019 at 07:57, SirBalon said:

Ludovit is a very good player but he's only 18 and should've stayed at Groningen where he apparently played 29 games for them this season and he currently plays for the U-19s with the Netherlands.

Now here's the problem that FIFA have caused with their strict rule on signing young players (the rule Barcelona were punished for some years back for breaking and suspended from transfer windows)... Instead of bringing these kids in when they're young, tutoring them and bringing them up with a home football ethos which then applies itself within the home ranks, what they've done is that clubs like Barcelona (there are many many more in Europe) with a massive web of scouts around the world will then wait until they're of the legal age to sign under FIFA rules. This breaks their professional playing career as they will slip right into the youth categories when they were already playing professional football like in this case with Ludovic Reis who plays for FC Groningen in the Eredivisie. Ludovic knows 100% he will be playing for Barcelona 'B' and yet he's willing to do this!

It's the same as what I said about Venezuela's young wonder keeper Wuliker Fariñez the other day on this forum where I stated he would be mad at his age to sign for Barcelona just to get that on his cv when he is already established and even an international... He's young and he will surely be signed by another European club to be a first team keeper and not an understudy like in this case he would be to Marc-André ter Stegen.

That FIFA rule has made things worse for these players and the clubs that have nurtured them and all because of some rogue clubs in Europe that have brought very young kids and when not good enough, they then dump them on the streets... The culprits being nearly all French clubs with kids from African nations.

Ludovit Reis is a great talent, its a shame Barca didnt loan him back, he really has had a full season for such a young age and now his career will slow down now as he will probably be playing for Barcelona B.  The transfer hasn't gone down very well, it follows a recent interview also from another Dutch young player at Chelsea called Juan Castilo who said he didnt go to Chelsea to break through to the main team they just offered him more money than he would of been earning at the time at Ajax

• Upvote 1

Martinez would be a shocking appointment. Literally the last man in the world I'd be looking at to solve the problems of massive capitulations and poor game management in Champions League latter stages.

Koeman is a bang average manager. Ruined Valencia for five years, had a couple of good seasons with Southampton, then had one decent season at Everton that was mainly down to us having the second best striker in the league that season that took us to a distant 7th which was the bear minimum for a reasonable season for us that year. He then proceeded to set us back about 4 years in the space of one transfer window with the help of Steve Walsh. I think he's probably well suited to Holland but getting a tune out of them for half a dozen competitive games is hardly enough to forget his ultimately dreadful Everton spell. He would be better than Martinez but if that's the best appointment a club of Barcelona's supposed stature can come up with then look forward to never seeing Messi win another European Cup.

Nice of you to give permission for Barcelona to use a pic of you on their Instagram @SirBalon

Screenshot_20190612-081200_1.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Nice of you to give permission for Barcelona to use a pic of you on their Instagram @SirBalon

Screenshot_20190612-081200_1.png

I haven't got a single tattoo on my body. But if I wanted one, I now have a human catalogue to look through... xD