Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Will the fact Mane and Salah are fasting play any impact on their effort? 

That's rather radical and thoughtless from them if true. Because as far as I know if the environment and their body requires nourishment, they are permitted to eat and drink.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's rather radical and thoughtless from them if true. Because as far as I know if the environment and their body requires nourishment, they are permitted to eat and drink.

i'd hardly call it thoughtless. It's definitely not 'radical' so let's not give it that label xD 

They're believers of their religion. It's up to them if they fast. Who knows if they actually have fasted as like you say, they're athletes and if I remember correctly, that permits them to eat and drink if they so wish i.e. they're not gonna be 'judged' if they don't abide by the rules of Ramadan in the lead up/during the game. Same for players at the World Cup. 

Just now, Stan said:

i'd hardly call it thoughtless. It's definitely not 'radical' so let's not give it that label xD 

They're believers of their religion. It's up to them if they fast. Who knows if they actually have fasted as like you say, they're athletes and if I remember correctly, that permits them to eat and drink if they so wish i.e. they're not gonna be 'judged' if they don't abide by the rules of Ramadan in the lead up/during the game. Same for players at the World Cup. 

I'm saying that in the dogma of their religion they are permitted to eat and drink under circumstances such as these.  So it is thoughtless and definitely radical.  If it's in the dogma, it's also being religious to eat and drink in their case.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Will the fact Mane and Salah are fasting play any impact on their effort? 

They aren't fasting. It's clear that they can do a few things to make up for it during Ramadan. They can either give away goods that would equate to their fast, or delay it 1 month. Ozil does this as well when he has matches during Ramadan. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ozil does this as well when he has matches during Ramadan. 

Really? I won't say no more on that one.

As for the rest... I thought it was like that. Anything else would've been mental.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

You can quit fasting the whole month if needed but you will have to pay or give food to others in a fix ratio after the month ends. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

They aren't fasting. It's clear that they can do a few things to make up for it during Ramadan. They can either give away goods that would equate to their fast, or delay it 1 month. Ozil does this as well when he has matches during Ramadan. 

this is so thoughtless and radical though :ph34r: 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Really? I won't say no more on that one.

As for the rest... I thought it was like that. Anything else would've been mental.

Yes, Ozil is a practicing Muslim and has often spoke of the fact that he provides in other ways as he believe Allah understand his situations. 

Just now, Stan said:

this is so thoughtless and radical though :ph34r: 

I actually am about to finish reading the Qu'ran, something I've been wanting to do for awhile, and while it's in English, it's a lot different than some people will lead you to believe. 

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

I actually am about to finish reading the Qu'ran, something I've been wanting to do for awhile, and while it's in English, it's a lot different than some people will lead you to believe. 

oh i know :D

Just now, Eco said:

Yes, Ozil is a practicing Muslim and has often spoke of the fact that he provides in other ways as he believe Allah understand his situations. 

I didn't know drinking alcohol and cheating on your wife was the righteous route to Allah.  But I wasn't going down that path... My one was more kenieving in terms of it isn't noticeable that Özil abstains from fasting when playing football as his laziness remains at optimum levels throughout. :ph34r:

Just now, SirBalon said:

I didn't know drinking alcohol and cheating on your wife was the righteous route to Allah.  But I wasn't going down that path... My one was more kenieving in terms of it isn't noticeable that Özil abstains from fasting when playing football as his laziness remains at optimum levels throughout. :ph34r:

However no one is perfect. He reads the Quran before his matches, and so there are positive things he does towards his religion. 

Just now, Eco said:

However no one is perfect. He reads the Quran before his matches, and so there are positive things he does towards his religion. 

So he gets off abiding by the rules because he reads a book. Anyway... We're in danger of going off topic here majorly mate.

I was just saying that I found it strange that both Salah and Mané were fasting considering their situation as I have many Muslim friends and two of them are in a world of athletics where they can't fast.  But they abide by every single rule from there on...

Just now, SirBalon said:

So he gets off abiding by the rules because he reads a book. Anyway... We're in danger of going off topic here majorly mate.

I was just saying that I found it strange that both Salah and Mané were fasting considering their situation as I have many Muslim friends and two of them are in a world of athletics where they can't fast.  But they abide by every single rule from there on...

Ha - we are, but the point I was saying is that if you dive into everyone's life, especially those that are famous and have a lot of temptations, the chances are you'll find a lot of religious people going against their beliefs. The difference is that their is typically shown in the spot light and thus 'seems' worse than if Joe Smith down the street who is a plumber did that. 

Jordi Alba in an interview let out this capper:

”I always want Real Madrid to lose. That’s just the way it is and I want Liverpool to win it. I think Liverpool are a better side than Real Madrid to be honest.”

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Jordi Alba in an interview let out this capper:

”I always want Real Madrid to lose. That’s just the way it is and I want Liverpool to win it. I want to believe Liverpool are a better side than Real Madrid to be honest.”

1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Never mistrust people’s beliefs no matter how radical or outlandish they may seem in the real scheme of the circle of life mate. It can come back and bite you. Or maybe a little nip. xD;)

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

All the reports suggest Salah is currently fasting and will be on Saturday. Not sure about Mane

If true, will you lot forgive him should you lose and Salah has a below par performance> 

Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

Ramadan isn't really not eating or drinking anything at all its more about changing your eating hours.

Could of sworn in ment you couldn't eat or drink until sunset? 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Could of sworn in ment you couldn't eat or drink until sunset? 

Yes ! But after sunset you should make up for all the day by eating and drinking as much as you can getting used to that is the difficult part.

It isn't a hunger strike.

1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Yes ! But after sunset you should make up for all the day by eating and drinking as much as you can getting used to that is the difficult part.

It isn't a hunger strike.

So Salah to binge eat literally an hour before the final? Sounds healthy  

• The title was changed to FINAL - Saturday 26th May - Liverpool 1-3 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived