talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jorginho Completes £50m Move to Chelsea

Napoli play dirty with City as Prem rivals make late Jorginho bid

Manchester City’s hopes of signing Jorginho appear to be on the wane – after Chelsea made an 11th hour bid to sign the Italy midfielder.

The Brazil-born star has already agreed terms over a five-year contract at the Etihad worth €4.6m per net per season.

However, despite Napoli already agreeing to sell him for £48m to City, Napoli are yet to sign off on the deal in the hope they could still get more for the player.

Now, the Manchester Evening News claims the Serie A side are trying to maximise their profit on the player, with Chelsea now expected to top City’s agreement by a further £4million.

These claims are backed up by the Italian media who claim the Blues – expected to appoint Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri as their new manager this week – will also make a play for Jorginho.

And the additional interest appears to suit Napoli, given they are in no hurry to sell, having already shelled out £26million on a replacement in the shape of Real Betis star Fabian Luiz last week.

Jorginho’s agent Joao Santos has said nothing about the reported 11th hour bid from Chelsea, but did state last week if was only a matter of time before the midfielder became a City player.

“Manchester City are working to close the deal with Napoli – any moment could be the right one,” Santos told Radio Kiss Kiss. “The player is in Brazil.

“I’m in my house in England, waiting for a call from [sporting director Cristiano] Giuntoli or [owner Aurelio] De Laurentiis. When it arrives, I will go to meet the leadership of Manchester City.”

City have always taken a patient approach when it comes to transfer – as exemplified by their efforts to bring in Riyad Mahrez from Leicester in a £60million deal – but it seems they may be beaten to the punch this time as far as Jorginho is concerned.

Reports in Tuesday’s papers claimed Pep Guardiola was plotting a move for Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic as an alternative, while €80m-rated Juventus man Miralem Pjanic was also linked again on Monday.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet elsewhere.... 

In-demand Napoli star Jorginho’s mother has started following Chelsea on Instagram amid rumours the midfielder has opted to snub Manchester City and move to west London instead. The Brazilian-born Italy international is one of European football’s highest rated playmakers after another stellar season in Naples, averaging more passes per game than any other player in Serie A. He had been identified as a priority signing by Pep Guardiola, who is keen to reinforce his midfield after the departure of Yaya Toure at the end of the season.

However, Jorginho is also believed to be on the wish list of Maurizio Sarri, with the ex-Napoli boss still waiting to complete a move to Chelsea where he will finally replace Antonio Conte. Italian newspaper Tuttosport claim Chelsea are preparing a £50m bid for the 26-year-old on Sarri’s orders, with Jorginho having grown extremely close to his old manager and become an integral part of ‘Sarri-ball’.

Jorginho uploaded several posts to his own Instagram story on Monday from aboard a flight from Sao Paulo, and reports in Italy claim he could even be jetting straight in to Heathrow.

Sarri is also believed to have arrived in London as Chelsea look to sort out the final details of his compensation package with Napoli before axing Conte and installing their new man. Conte surprisingly took charge of training on Monday at Cobham despite the uncertainty surrounding his future, while it has been claimed that Manchester City are bracing for the prospect of missing out on Jorginho and lining up alternatives.

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Only way we get Jorginho, is if we get Sarri. 

Add Golovin to that. And a midfield three of those two along with Kante, would be glorious. 

He would be a nice addition  ..do you think Hazard is leaving? 

11 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He would be a nice addition  ..do you think Hazard is leaving? 

If Conte stays, then yes.

Figure after the world cup, he'd be on holiday and his agent would be working on a deal with Real I'd imagine. 

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Only way we get Jorginho, is if we get Sarri. 

Add Golovin to that. And a midfield three of those two along with Kante, would be glorious. 

All these rumours of new Chelsea midfielders makes me wonder if there is any truth to the Kante to PSG rumour.

2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

All these rumours of new Chelsea midfielders makes me wonder if there is any truth to the Kante to PSG rumour.

More chance of us signing Messi than Kante leaving this summer 

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If Conte stays, then yes.

Figure after the world cup, he'd be on holiday and his agent would be working on a deal with Real I'd imagine. 

Reading story's about Barca  ..but if Ronaldo is leaving it makes sense for Madrid

Chelsea Land Jorginho 

Napoli Chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis:

"I’m sorry to Manchester City because we reached an agreement for Jorginho 15 days ago but Chelsea offered more, he'll join Chelsea I guess."

"I have to apologize to City but it doesn't depend on me. Jorginho prefers to live in London than in Manchester."

We officially don't want him that much if we are letting Chelsea out bid us   ..but don't thinks is over yet, despite what Laurentiis is saying, i think Jorginho would still rather play for City and already has a contract agreed

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We officially don't want him that much if we are letting Chelsea out bid us   ..but don't thinks is over yet, despite what Laurentiis is saying, i think Jorginho would still rather play for City and already has a contract agreed

You agreed terms with Napoli, not Jorginho. 

If what I read is correct, Jorginho prefers London and obviously prefers to play under Sarri once more. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You agreed terms with Napoli, not Jorginho. 

If what I read is correct, Jorginho prefers London and obviously prefers to play under Sarri once more. 

We have agreed a 5 year contract with Jorginho and i'm not buying the rest, Sarri might be a draw but De Laurentiis is just trying to twist our arm for more money, Jorginho would be more than happy in Cheshire & Manchester

11 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We have agreed a 5 year contract with Jorginho and i'm not buying the rest, Sarri might be a draw but De Laurentiis is just trying to twist our arm for more money, Jorginho would be more than happy in Cheshire & Manchester

So you are going to believe sources with no credibility vs the actual statements of the Napoli president? Ok then xD

De Laurentiis is just pissed because of his relationship with Roman and the club.  We are taking his former manager and player.  He would much rather sell to City yet Jorginho doesn't want to go. 

Karma for Robinho I'd imagine :coffee:

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So you are going to believe sources with no credibility vs the actual statements of the Napoli president? Ok then xD

De Laurentiis is just pissed because of his relationship with Roman and the club.  We are taking his former manager and player.  He would much rather sell to City yet Jorginho doesn't want to go. 

Karma for Robinho I'd imagine :coffee:

He agreed terms before you even came in for him, his agent came to Manchester the other week and met with City to sort the contract, this is common knowledge xD  ..now you have come we will have to see what happens, you have the selling club trying to squeeze every penny they can (hence why you have to take whats he's saying with a pinch of salt) like you would a used car salesman (1 careful owner ..the other 99 didn't give a fuck! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) we are just going to have to see how this plays out

You have the highest bid right now, you might get it over the line before we come back with a better offer  ..or you might not

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

He agreed terms before you even came in for him, his agent came to Manchester the other week and met with City to sort the contract, this is common knowledge xD  ..now you have come we will have to see what happens, you have the selling club trying to squeeze every penny they can (hence why you have to take whats he's saying with a pinch of salt) like you would a used car salesman (1 careful owner ..the other 99 didn't give a fuck! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) we are just going to have to see how this plays out

You have the highest bid right now, you might get it over the line before we come back with a better offer  ..or you might not

Common knowledge yet no concrete sources? I'll believe actual statements from the president of Napoli over reports written by Abraham Lincoln

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Common knowledge yet no concrete sources? I'll believe actual statements from the president of Napoli over reports written by Abraham Lincoln

You don't believe the word of his agent but you believe De Laurentiis xD  ...he could well end up a Chelsea player, a team with no CL which finished 30pts behind us   ..but it's not guaranteed yet

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You don't believe the word of his agent but you believe De Laurentiis xD  ...he could well end up a Chelsea, a team with no CL which finished 30pts behind us   ..but it's not guaranteed yet

Love how De Laurentiis is clearly copied and pasted due to the different font because you can't be arsed to spell it again properly xD.

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You don't believe the word of his agent but you believe De Laurentiis xD  ...he could well end up a Chelsea, a team with no CL which finished 30pts behind us   ..but it's not guaranteed yet

I believe in the reasoning as to why he now prefers Chelsea over City, in which Sarri is playing the most critical aspect. That and the fact he'd probably prefer playing for a club that averages a trophy a season vs one that doesn't know the meaning of retaining the title. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I believe in the reasoning as to why he now prefers Chelsea over City, in which Sarri is playing the most critical aspect. That and the fact he'd probably prefer playing for a club that averages a trophy a season vs one that doesn't know the meaning of retaining the title. 

Sarri would be a draw for him if you get him but that's it,  you have no CL and this City team will dominate as long as Pep stays ..Jorginho might not want to sit on the bench with Mahrez & Bernardo Silva so you have that in your favour too

@Cicero  Dont buy a Jorginho shirt just yet :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Napoli president claims a deal is done with Chelsea and that the player wants to live in London but Manchester City beg to differ

Manchester City are still convinced that Jorginho wants to join them - not Chelsea.

Blues sources have hit back at the idea, put out by Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis , that the player has now opted to move to Stamford Bridge as he wants to live in London.

City agreed a deal in principle with the club two weeks ago, believed to be for around £48m, and had thrashed out personal terms with the player, who is Pep Guardiola 's number one midfield target.

Sources at the club say that at no point has Jorginho indicated that he wants to go back on his deal – and believe that he has had no contact with Chelsea.

It has been widely reported today that Jorginho will sign for Chelsea in the next day or two – and he was filmed boarding a plane for London this morning.

De Laurentiis said today: “I will have to apologise to City because we had closed a deal 15 days ago.

“But the player likes to live in London over anything Manchester can offer. If Chelsea pay him more, that does not depend on me.”

City sources believe that is an attempt by the president to foist the player on Chelsea, who are set to appoint Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri in the coming week.

They say that Jorginho has expressed a desire to go to City all along, and that the club is still active in its pursuit.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-jorginho-transfer-14895092

• The title was changed to Jorginho Completes £50m Move to Chelsea

Archived