Gonçalo Guedes Joins Valencia for £36m

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, AMG said:

Isnt this a lot of money for Watford?

Absolutely. 

Inter Milan have never spent that kind of money...ever. 

The record for Inter Milan is paying €49 for Vieri. This would be upwards of €60...that's a shit ton of money. 

• Subscriber

Again no reaction from the media to this, or West Hams £42m for Felipe Anderson but when Everton pay £50m (a made up fee) for Richarlison every man and his dog have to know that it's time to lose their fucking minds 😂.

18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Again no reaction from the media to this, or West Hams £42m for Felipe Anderson but when Everton pay £50m (a made up fee) for Richarlison every man and his dog have to know that it's time to lose their fucking minds 😂.

To be fair the fee Everton paid for Richarlison seems to have rattled you more than anyone else 🤣

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair the fee Everton paid for Richarlison seems to have rattled you more than anyone else 🤣

I was annoyed when it was falsely reported that it was £50m because that would have been an overpayment, but the actual fee seems to be £40m or just below which I could just about stomach and having since listened to reasons why he fell away last season and having seen him on the pitch in pre season I'm happy with the signing and can't wait to see Sky Sports and The Mirror pretending they said it was a class deal in 3 months time.

I'm far from rattled about it but I do think it's weird that so many media outlets just get away with pretending it was actually £50m when no official source reported a figure anything like that. Meanwhile West Ham pay £42m for Felipe Anderson but nobody cares because he came from Lazio so he must be class even though none of them can be arsed researching the fact that he could barely get a game for them last season. I didn't even know they paid that much until weeks later because nobody lost their minds over it like they did with us.

I'm not rattled at all by the actual fee, I was initially by the false clickbait reports of £50m but people can change their minds, especially when it turns out the original information was a lie to make a better story. I have heard the football podcast I listen to and Sky Sports today still trotting out the £50m line and calling it the craziest transfer of the summer. Other people do seem to be weirdly bothered about it, and saying he's under pressure because of the price tag when there's actually no pressure at all from our fans (the ones who actually know what they're talking about and whose opinions actually matter) as well as there being barely even a murmur anymore that we paid too much for him.

Meanwhile the latest line on Sky Sports relating to Yerry Mina is that he's known as being a goal threat so he must not be a good defender. 😂 can't make this shit up.

Not to mention they've got Allardyce coming on later after stating earlier today that Everton need to sign a left back, when one of the two players we've actually signed this summer is a left back 😂.

Meanwhile barely a mention of Silva and Brands managing to convince Mina to come to Everton over United or Bernard to come on a free when Inter, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid were reportedly in for him, among others. 

I don't mind them casting doubt on certain parts of our transfer dealings this summer but as always with Sky, it's all about the narrative coming at the expense of being able to actual make a balanced analysis, and the narrative with Everton at the moment is one of having lots of money and not knowing what to do with it even though the two men responsible for last summer's farce now have nothing to do with the club.

Cba carrying this rant on anyway. They can embarrass themselves without my help and I'm confident that in the long run Richarlison and Everton will prove them wrong on the pitch.

Archived