talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will See Their Stock Rise?

Here is my take on it per group

Group A: Nahitan Nandez, Giorgan De Arrascaeta, Lucas Torreira (Uruguay) Trezegut, Sobhi (Egypt), Aleksei Miranchuk, Feder Smolov (Russia)

Group B: Sardar Azmoun, Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Iran), Hakim Ziyech (Morocco), Gelson Martins, Goncalo Guedes, Ruben Dias (Portugal)

Group C: Miguel Trauco, Renato Tapia, Miguel Araujo, Edison Flores (Peru), Pione Sisto, Kasper Dolberg, Yusuf Poulsen, Viktor Fischer (Denmark), Daniel Arzani (Australia)

Group D: Giovanni Lo Celso, Cristian Pavon (Argentina), Tin Jedvaj (Croatia), Marko Pjaca (Croatia), Albert Gudmonsson (Iceland), Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Francis Uzoho (Nigeria)

Group E: Ronald Matarrita (Costa Rica), Luka Jovic, Andrija Zivkovic, Sergej Milinkovic-Savid (Serbia), Breel Embolo, Manuel Akanji (Switzerland)

Group F: Leon Goretzska, Timo Werner (Germany), Edson Alvarez, Hirving Lozano, Jesus Gallardo (Mexico), Lee Seung-Woo, Hwang Hee-Chan (South Korea)

Group G: Youri Tielemans, Leander Dendoncker (Belgium) Ruben Loftus-Cheek (England), Ricardo Avila (Panama), Dylan Bronn (Tunisia)

Group H: Wilmar Barrios, Jefferson Lerma (Colombia) Piotr Zielinski (Poland), Keita Balde, Ismaila Sarr (Senegal) 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone change the thread title to Who Will See Their Stock Rise, there is a capital in the second letter of "Will".

• The title was changed to Who Will See Their Stock Rise?
  • Administrator

I'd agree with the majority of those.

Some of the names there you'd think would have to maintain their 'stock' or regain the levels of previously high 'stock'. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd agree with the majority of those.

Some of the names there you'd think would have to maintain their 'stock' or regain the levels of previously high 'stock'. 

Of course, its just a list of possibilities. Some players will miss out on that "stock rise".

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Hoping Sainsbury alongside Arzani stand out this tournament. 

I'd add Mat Ryan to that. Underrated keeper imo. Has potential to be a great keeper not just a good one. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Who have you guys been surprised by so far?

wouldn't say surprised but De Arrascaeta and Pavon have impressed. The latter made a difference yesterday coming on for Argentina and should have had a penalty.

Disappointed with Edison Flores yesterday as mentioned in the thread. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

wouldn't say surprised but De Arrascaeta and Pavon have impressed. The latter made a difference yesterday coming on for Argentina and should have had a penalty.

Disappointed with Edison Flores yesterday as mentioned in the thread. 

Commenting on Edison Flores, I doubt you'll be impressed by him in this tournament. He's got talent but he seems to lack seasonal consistency. Kind of like Felipe Anderson. He's good one year and not good the other.

I have also been impressed with Pavon. The big surprise to me though as someone who doesn't follow the Bundesliga has been Poulsen. He was near flawless last night.

Andre Carrillo is garnering interest from 4 clubs: Chelsea, Everton, Al-Hilal and Leeds United.

Leeds is a WTF choice, but Bielsa is there so I suppose its not a huge shock he's wanted. Chelsea is a no go. He won't play and would be a flop. Al-Hilal is also a no go for obvious reasons. Everton is a predictable choice and I think he would best be suited to them. 

Sainsbury who I'm a big fan of is also attracting a lot of interest.

30 minutes ago, Blue said:

Andre Carrillo is garnering interest from 4 clubs: Chelsea, Everton, Al-Hilal and Leeds United.

Leeds is a WTF choice, but Bielsa is there so I suppose its not a huge shock he's wanted. Chelsea is a no go. He won't play and would be a flop. Al-Hilal is also a no go for obvious reasons. Everton is a predictable choice and I think he would best be suited to them. 

Sainsbury who I'm a big fan of is also attracting a lot of interest.

I think Sainsbury will be over priced for his current level. The young Australian winger Asda will be better value.

Archived