talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Brazil 2-0 Mexico

football forum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Neymar has been disappointing in this tournament, that was a nicely worked goal. The off the ball movement after the initial pass was really good.

This is more the Brazil of the qualifiers. Intimidating you at every turn and playing around with patience. Ochoa is keeping Mexico alive.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

did anything happen in the first half? Missed it due to work.

not much ........................     but now the game is very interesting.     very big contrast from the boring game of spain and russia.

Just now, Machado said:

What is the matter with Ochoa? There must be a reason why he's not in a top European club.

He's like Carrillo. Apparently he's had his shite moments at club level. If I recall correctly he was terrible at Granada (may be because of his defence).

I may be wrong of course but from what I remember he wasn't as good at club level as he is at international level. I've also noticed particularly in World Cup's he stands out. He wasn't that good in the Copa America 2016 and he played 2 games in that.

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

What is the matter with Ochoa? There must be a reason why he's not in a top European club.

Was pretty poor at his time in Malaga. 

Reminds me of Romero. Class on the national side, but can't replicate it at club level. 

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Monday 2nd July - Brazil 2-0 Mexico
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived