• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I Saw. Interesting. 

Alright @nudge - You're turn. 

Oh, and have you been to Bhutan? 

No, would love to mostly due to the fact that it's been such a closed country for years so culturally it should be quite a unique experience. But I'm not really considering it as the travelling guidelines are very strict and I don't like being told where to go and what to do and be forced to have a driver and a guide for the whole of the trip; especially not when I'm spending that amount of money they require you to spend daily. I understand they do it in order to avoid mass tourism and that's the reason the country managed to stay untouched as it is for a long time but still it's a big no-no for me.

New question (again geography since everyone seems to like it!) - other than Antarctica, there is only one area in the world that is considered truly terra nullis - nobody's land which is uninhabited and not claimed by any recognised state. Where is it? Just give me the two countries bordering it that could claim the land but have no intention to.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Azeem said:

Another question related to US foreign relations. 

Name the two countries which have the largest US embassies in the World ?

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Baghdad is probably one of them? Have a friend who was working in Iraq as a contract for a few months and he said the US embassy compound is huge; it's almost as a small town.

2 hours ago, Azeem said:

Got one correct 

Pfft. Since when was Baghdad a country :ph34r:?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Baghdad is probably one of them? Have a friend who was working in Iraq as a contract for a few months and he said the US embassy compound is huge; it's almost as a small town.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Pfft. Since when was Baghdad a country :ph34r:?

Those who can read have a clear advantage :whistling:

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Eco said:

Egypt and Sudan? 

Yes - the area is called Bi'r Tawil and it's a part of a larger border dispute. There are two claimed borders between Egypt and Sudan as a result of two different administrative setups when both Egypt and Sudan were part of the British Empire. One border gives the important Hala'ib Triangle to Egypt and the barren and worthless Bi'r Tawil to Sudan. The other border is the other way around. Both countries want the border that gives them them Hala'ib Triangle, which means neither country claims Bi'r Tawil.

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes - the area is called Bi'r Tawil and it's a part of a larger border dispute. There are two claimed borders between Egypt and Sudan as a result of two different administrative setups when both Egypt and Sudan were part of the British Empire. One border gives the important Hala'ib Triangle to Egypt and the barren and worthless Bi'r Tawil to Sudan. The other border is the other way around. Both countries want the border that gives them them Hala'ib Triangle, which means neither country claims Bi'r Tawil.

I got lucky with my first guess, otherwise I would have NEVER guessed Egypt and Sudan. xD

Question: What country as the most coastline in the entire world at more than 125,000 miles (201,168km)?

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Eco said:

I got lucky with my first guess, otherwise I would have NEVER guessed Egypt and Sudan. xD

Question: What country as the most coastline in the entire world at more than 125,000 miles (201,168km)?

Canada? 

Archived