talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scotland 0-4 Belgium - Friday 7th September

football forum

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Jack Hendry's withdrawal, the squad is down to only two central defenders.

Honestly, don't see the value of playing Belgium. They need to play against more mid ranked teams instead, because that's where the qualifying tends to fall apart.

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

How do Tierney and Robertson fit in? One or the other, or both down the left?

Tierney has played at Left centre back in a back three, with Robertson as a wing back, or he has played right back in a back four.

Considering the lack of any quality in defence (aside from left back), the best option would probably be a back four.

46 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Pointless game for Scotland this evening and a massive pumping by Belgium. 

I don't know why they wanted to play a team who was so so much better and not a team similar to the opponents they will face in the nations league

Scotland have been perennially shit ever since I can remember, and as an England fan I enjoy that as you listen to and see videos of Anyone But England, people celebrating opposition goals against us as if Scotland just won the Cup.

However it would be good to come up against a competitive Scotland fairly regularly to properly ignite the rivalry.

England/Wales is generally a Rugby rivalry and the hatred mostly driven by the Welsh. England/Ireland isn't really a rivalry and just a breeding ground for far right knobheads to sing No Surrender. England Argentina is spicy but inconsistent, England/France is firmly out "second" rivalry if you were to rank them but England/Scotland, regardless of differences in size, player quality, league quality etc is generally driven by an equal amount of hatred and if we were to meet at a tournament final like we did with Wales and it be a close game then it'd be a classic.

I am not the greatest fan of the boys from North of the Border, but last night was unfortunate.  The first half was good but one error made it 1-0  Not sure how the others caught the lack of concentration bug which gave away the other 3, but they will play exactly the dame game and omit the errors and win more than they lose.  My only afterthought was that Kevin's injury must have been a blessing -erecting the stone of Scone in front of the goal would not have even started to help last night, but if they learn from it then it's not too late to progress!  I watched it on the free stream from Belgium's Channel 1 and even their commentary team were impressed at times which - normally - says a lot!  Elsewhere it may be loins, but it's time to gird the kilts!

Not even sure if I should bother watching it, missed it last night and I've seen the goals already. 

Few teams are going to press us as high as Belgium, but even then it's horrifying to see how shit we are at building from the back. Genuinely thought Jack could be the answer at holding mid but he doesn't look cut out for it. 

Archived