talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

He's getting charged for appearing in a betting advert but a load of clubs can promote betting companies every matchday on their shirts and in advertising hoardings.

What I thought as well.

Majority of clubs in the Premier League at least are sponsored by betting companies.

Even outside of the Premier League, Stoke have their stadium sponsored by a betting company ffs xD 

• Subscriber

I can't find any source yet that clarifies why this is an FA charge. Mostly just people pointing out that it's a bit mad when over half of the Premier League clubs advertise gambling on their shirts in every match.

When I first saw the headline I thought he'd put illegal bets on of some sort but obviously not. Basically this is a big fuss over nothing and he'll get a small fine of some description. 

• Subscriber

20190724_170840.thumb.jpg.7a6b9060bafb50b3dbfe245e1b6edd5c.jpg

This is the rule he has broken apparently. Fair enough, he probably should have known, but it's a pretty stupid rule. Players aren't allowed to bet on sport and are therefore not allowed to advertise betting on sport.

• Subscriber

Away at Wigan tonight, kick off in ten minutes. Pretty much a full strength team for us aside from the absence of Gueye and Richarlison.

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Gomes Delph

Walcott Sigurdsson Bernard

Calvert-Lewin 

Looking at that highlights the work we still need to do before the window closes...

Mirallas on the bench, just leave please.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

20190724_170840.thumb.jpg.7a6b9060bafb50b3dbfe245e1b6edd5c.jpg

This is the rule he has broken apparently. Fair enough, he probably should have known, but it's a pretty stupid rule. Players aren't allowed to bet on sport and are therefore not allowed to advertise betting on sport.

That's a stupid fucking rule.

Clubs can do it, but not players? Get fucked FA

26 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If you get your opinions from Liverpool Twitter, then yes.

Probably also if you get your opinions from Everton Twitter to be fair.

Neither. Mate who's a blue doesn't think much of him. Looked shit whenever I've seen him too, which is admittedly only a handful of times

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Neither. Mate who's a blue doesn't think much of him. Looked shit whenever I've seen him too, which is admittedly only a handful of times

He was injured a lot last season, had a couple of dodgy games, but generally been decent. Just tends to get disproportionate amount of criticism from yer da because he smiles a lot and dances.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Always gets a big attendance and it's literally 17 miles away and costs only a few quid. Usually packed with scallies.

Yeah but if you had certain other clubs taking that many to an away friendly match they'd be getting absolutely rimmed for transcending the sport or being more than just a football club, while our lot get called the worst fans in the world and toxic for groaning at 3 years of shite, spineless performances so I'll throw a bit of positive publicity out there for us. 

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah but if you had certain other clubs taking that many to an away friendly match they'd be getting absolutely rimmed for transcending the sport or being more than just a football club, while our lot get called the worst fans in the world and toxic for groaning at 3 years of shite, spineless performances so I'll throw a bit of positive publicity out there for us. 

Everton are a big club with a big fanbase, people forget that.

• Subscriber

More changes at board level following the stadium announcement yesterday.

I know very little about the characters that were appointed to the board last summer but I do know that Keith Harris has a pretty poor track record in football. People who know more than me seem pleased with this.

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Marcelo Bechler is the journo who broke Neymar to PSG two years ago. He is brazilian but is based in Barcelona, he has good contacts. The source is trustworthy.

Only detail is that he didn´t translate the end of the tweet in portuguese. It says that other europeans clubs are watching Reinier´s situation and could yet make a move for him , after all the transfer can only be completed when he turns 18.

Edited by El Profesor
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Pickford 25 (Lossl 30, Virginia 19)

Coleman 30 (???)

Keane 26 (Holgate 22)

Mina 24 (???)

Digne 26 (Baines 34)

Gbamin 23 (Schneiderlin 29)

Gomes 26 (Delph 29)

Sigurdsson 29 (Davies 21)

Richarlison 22 (Walcott 30)

Bernard 26 (???)

Kean 19 (Calvert-Lewin 22)

Finally, starting to look like a squad that doesn't need £100m pumping into it every summer to replace aging and retired players. Most of these players are now young enough not to need replacing for many years, unless they get sold, in which case they should go for good money and we wont have to worry about where the money comes from. If only we got Brands in three years earlier.

• Subscriber

All sorts of madness going on now. Apparently Zaha has started to push for a move while we've put in a £30m bid for Iwobi (fuck off) which most of our ITK guys are saying is just a smokescreen.

Also had a loan deal for Smalling turned down. Fine as a backup, but probably means we've given up on Zouma, I don't see what's wrong with Tomori on loan though if that's an option.

Sidibe supposed to be having a medical today ahead of his loan move.

Schneiderlin is in advanced talks with Galatasaray over his loan. No fee but they will pay his sizeable wages for the season.

McCarthy has gone for £3m to Palace, Fulham have bid £5m for Besic, still trying to shift Niasse, Mirallas, Bolasie and possibly Tosun as well, but not as urgent as Turkish and Belgian leagues can still buy after Thursday evening.

Bottom line, we need that winger and centre back. I'd be happy with a loan at centre back to be honest. I don't think we need to directly replace Schneiderlin if he goes, we have Gomes, Gbamim, Davies and Delph to play in the two midfield positions.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Is Tom Davies good enough?

As a squad player yes, still only 21. People expect too much from him after that goal against City but he could definitely still become a player for us.