Notts County vs Crewe
Port Vale vs Exeter
Swindon vs Oldham

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Another chance to get back to winning ways, hoping for a goal from Canos and Judge.

Failure if Maupay and Watkins don't both bag hat-tricks.

Gutted. Total domination. So many chances. Think I'd rather we shithoused a deflected spawny 1-0 win than get plaudits for playing so well and coming away with one measly point against a poor Wednesday side.

Fell like I've fallen into a barrel of tits and come up sucking me own thumb. Bloody Football...

• Administrator

Maupay scores again for Brentford.

1 hour ago, StefBWFC said:

Derby are a massive bogey team for us, are considerably better, and have just embarrassed United in their own backyard. They're going to paste us, 3-0, easy easy.

1-0 to Bolton!

Sheffield Wednesday don't score normal goals do they. Bannans screamer and now this. Adam Reach there could be a contender for goal of the season.

On the flip side Klichs goal for Leeds was really good too. It's rather telling of Bielsa that he's got guys like Klich performing to the levels they are. I remember watching him last season and thinking he's got six months in The Championship tops.

In the other Friday game it's difficult to tell how well either side will do this season. Are Bristol City as organised as last season and without a cup distraction well prepared for a playoff finish? And are Villa just having the same start of season blip and will come strong again under Bruce as the season develops? It's difficult to judge as whilst both seem similar to last season, they both lost key figures that you imagine should take their toll as the season progresses.

Entertaining 2-2 draw but mixed emotions - pleased to have come back from 1-0 down but disappointed to then concede the equaliser (which was a really soft penalty and probable dive). We have now given away 4 penalties in 3 games and most have been very soft. We need a bit of luck to go our way but we also need to concentrate better and not give the officials a decision to make. What is even more frustrating is Dack had a stonewall penalty in the second half turned down. We also hit the woodwork and had one cleared off the line. We is pleasing is how competitive we are being in this league with pretty much the same starting 11 as last season! Only Reed a summer signing who started yesterday.

Our unbeaten home record, a club record now, is simply fantastic. It will come to an end but something to very proud of right now.

It goes without saying that I think Darren Moore and West Brom deserve massive credit for they've adapted to this division so quickly. They look structured and good going forwards. It would be disappointing to see them drop off now, when at the start of the season mid table wouldn't have been seen as a disaster. Also, whilst they're not table topping I think Swansea City deserve credit for the same thing. At times there movement and control against QPR looked excellent. Given their financial restraints they've been very impressive so far. As for the other promoted team, well the less said the better. Rotherham have surprised everybody so far but there's no way experienced players like Ashley Williams should be made to look dogshit against them.

I was very surprised to see 'Boro drop points. You'd expect a Tony Pulis to be consistent against bottom half teams. That said Jared Bowen appears to be a very good player and I imagine some of the teams with bigger budgets are monitoring his performances closely.

Whilst I rate Daniel Bentley as a Goalkeeper he has to take full responsibility for both of the Reading goals. It seemed very uncharacteristic of him. You'd hope mistake like that can get ironed out as the season progresses because the way the likes of West Brom and Middlesbrough have started, I couldn't imagine them dropping points in a similar fashion.

Whilst I can understand Blackburn fans being upset with that draw they should take pride out of the fact they broke down a resolute and organised Forest side twice. It shows the attacking ability they have at this level being channelled through Bradley Dack.

As for the others Birmingham are an odd team. To play so well against West Brom and Leeds to then drop points to Ipswich must really frustrate their fans. I can't imagine Monk putting up with that shit. I felt sorry for Harris and Millwall. It looked like they had done enough to pick up a third victory against The Blades but Chris Wilder's atittude he's inflicted on his team has put them through. They have been going about their business quietly Sheffield United and I expect their good form to continue. Speaking of teams going about their business. It's four in four for Norwich City. Wigan Athletic are clearly no mugs too so they should take delight in that victory.

On a side note, it was great to see that Bolton won and then the celebration from Craig Noone after the goal. It shows the human element these footballers have that the media often to try to portray they're distant from.

The thing with Bentley is that he's made quite a few of those errors this season, that game should have been a win but unfortunately not. We're hoping he irons out those mistakes but it's taking a while.

On the flip side you'll struggle to find a keeper with better distribution in the division and he does pull off worldly saves for us. But he can't keep giving those away.

It was very sweet to see Noone celebrate with Stephen Darby, agreed with TPF that it's nice to see the human side of players. 

I wasn't there, I was on the top of Snowdon at the time as I was being a Three Peaks wanker but by all accounts we were resolute, organised and had far more opportunities than Derby, who had one shot on target all game. This is really positive, and I'm actually excited for Blackburn now!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived