talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Upcoming Movie Trailers

football forums

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, nudge said:

This looks pretty good! :D 

Speaking about Westerns, this is the one I'm most looking forward too...

Looks good that, Dancing With Wolves and Costner was one of my favourites so this should or will be the same..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Megalopolis is a 2024 American epic science fiction drama film written, directed, and produced by Francis Ford Coppola. Set in an imagined modern-day New York City following a devastating disaster, the film features an ensemble cast, including Adam Driver, Giancarlo Esposito, Nathalie Emmanuel, Aubrey Plaza, Shia LaBeouf, Jon Voight, Laurence Fishburne, Talia Shire, Jason Schwartzman, Kathryn Hunter, Grace VanderWaal, and Dustin Hoffman.

It has quite an interesting development history:

Francis Ford Coppola wrote the script in the early 1980s, but the film was kept on the back-burner partially due to his financial debts. Pre-production finally began in 2001 after filming 30 hours of second unit footage and holding table read with Paul Newman, Uma Thurman, Robert De Niro, James Gandolfini, Nicolas Cage, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Edie Falco, and Kevin Spacey. However, the project was scrapped after the September 11 attacks, since a scene from the script (page 166) "predicted" the attacks. Coppola fully abandoned the project in 2007, and didn't begin developing it again until 2019.

• Wow 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Definitely full of memberberries,  but it looks fun.

This is another movie they can't screw up because it has a massive fan base that will never forgive them if they do.   My impressions of the trailor is pretty accurate recreation.

For me I was sold on the scene with Lilith jumping over a platform of some sort with a Vladof spingun and the barrels are rotating,  thats attention to detail,  big on that.   Jack Black as claptrap makes sense,  Blanchett as Lilith the Siren looks good,  I think JLC is Tannis and Ariana is Tini Tina.   The only one that looks out of place is kevin hart as Roland,  that was a role that would have fit Idris Elba better. 

The Atlas Corp,  Crimson Lance looked really good but this movie appears to be missing Brick and Mordacai and some other essentials like Scooter,  El, Crazy earl, Marcus,  its not borderlands without them. 

Edited by OrangeKhrush

• Subscriber

I just want it to be high octane action and some humans get f'ed so bad they don't need to make a sequel or continuation of any kind. Then tie it into another movie as canon later. The rest is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I just want it to be high octane action and some humans get f'ed so bad they don't need to make a sequel or continuation of any kind. Then tie it into another movie as canon later. The rest is irrelevant. 

Is it a franchise reboot?

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Sign me up baby!

• Like 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Is it a franchise reboot?

According to how the movie goes they've ditched all the stuff past Aliens and just stuck with the original Nostromo story with very close ties to the colony on LV. They've also totally discounted Ripley entirely and are going with a new storyline where the corporation is doing its usual stuff and things go haywire. The thing I like a lot about this is that it's gone back to corridor horror mixed with action which are the two elements from the first two films that did really well. Couple this with a guy who has a creative story telling with young people getting into fucked up situations and some gore I think we'll get an entertaining movie. Will it be the best Alien out there? Who knows but alteast we won't have all the drivel that's been part of the core franchise for a while now.

44 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

How many reboots do they need

When did they reboot Alien? 

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

According to how the movie goes they've ditched all the stuff past Aliens and just stuck with the original Nostromo story with very close ties to the colony on LV. They've also totally discounted Ripley entirely and are going with a new storyline where the corporation is doing its usual stuff and things go haywire. The thing I like a lot about this is that it's gone back to corridor horror mixed with action which are the two elements from the first two films that did really well. Couple this with a guy who has a creative story telling with young people getting into fucked up situations and some gore I think we'll get an entertaining movie. Will it be the best Alien out there? Who knows but alteast we won't have all the drivel that's been part of the core franchise for a while now.

• Original movies
  • Aliens v Predator movies
  • Prometheus and Alien covenant 
  • Nostromo.

Aliens and Predator have been rebooted often,  I watched Prey the other night only to find out it is just another Predator movie. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

So it is a reboot, technically? 

If so I'll definitely give it a watch. 

20 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

• Original movies
  • Nostromo.

Aliens and Predator have been rebooted often,  I watched Prey the other night only to find out it is just another Predator movie. 

Predator has never been rebooted (bar Aliens v Predator which isn't cannon at all). 

Predators has a direct reference to Dutch, and Prey is a prequel to Predator given the The Yautj in that film is of a very low species as it was the first to hunt on earth. In Predator, Anna talks about the original Yautj that hunted her ancestors. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

• Original movies
  • Nostromo.

I'm not sure any of those are reboots, the originals are just continuations with timeline variance. The prometheus and covenant movies are prequels. Alien vs Predator is some hollywood cash grab and isn't a reboot in the true sense. Nostromo maybe but I wouldn't say its a reboot either.

When I think of reboot, and I might be wrong here, I think of the original story/protagonist getting rewritten with a change in the storyline to effect a new way of telling the same story. Batman is a good example of this. With the Alien series I feel like they've always taken it in different directions and even with Ripley two timelines never intersect its more of a continuation. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So it is a reboot, technically? 

If so I'll definitely give it a watch. 

yeah, they've chucked everything away I'm definitely going to go watch it. there are references to Aliens but I can't imagine they'll dwell too long on it.

• 3 weeks later...