talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Willian - Arsenal Complete Signing

You’re not considering the signing bonus he probably got as a free agent.

It’s not uncommon for a free agent to take a “lower” weekly wage for a longer contract (it’s more money over time in most cases, as it is here). But they usually get a lump sum when they sign that is not insignificant.

Either way, I don’t think it’s the best signing for Arsenal... but it’s also not the worst signing. I still don’t think they should expect the goal return of this season if he’s not going to be taking the penalties.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
18 minutes ago, shut up said:

Arsenal offered him 100k pw for 3 years

Chelsea offered him 140k pw for 2 years

You're still paying him more than Chelsea with these calculations.

£300k/w in total you're paying him.

£280k/w Chelsea offered. 

What paycut?

That's not to mention all the sponsorships and bonuses he may still get...

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

I never said he was taking a pay cut overall, but Chelsea offered him more of a weekly wage for us

I can't believe people think we can pay bigger wages than Chelsea xD the only reason he is at Arsenal is we gave him an extra year.

So then what are you implying here? 

You aren't offering him more weekly wages, you are offering him a larger contract compensation compared to us. So again, its a bit hilarious reading that comment. 

9 minutes ago, shut up said:

exactly that. he's earning 100k pw at Arsenal and would have been earning 140k pw at Chelsea.

Also, there is a chance that Chelsea would have extended if he kept himself fit.

"We're massive. Deal with It"As if you weren't implying Arsenal's stature as a club was what lured Willian away in spite earning less.

We offered him 2 years maximum as a sentimental gesture given  the club's policy of not offering long term contracts to players in their 30's. You lot came along, offered an extend year, dropped the wages yet countered with a massive singing on fee and bonuses that reaches £35 million for 3 years compared to our contract package of £13.4 million for two years. 

Yeah. You're definitely massive. 

On 14/08/2020 at 05:49, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not really. The Bundesliga is better than the permier league. We know exactly who Havertz and Werner are. 

It very much isn't. The top 3 of Germany being better, sure. RB Leipzig, BVB and Bayern proved it. But I'm not sure about the rest of the clubs.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Debate really isn't possible with you if you just resort to insults, but I'm not going over this again.

And it is never a debate with you becuase you never chnage your mind xD

Just now, Mpache said:

Debate really isn't possible with you if you just resort to insults, but I'm not going over this again.

People "Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig are great, but the rest of the league are of suspicious quality"
Me "Why"
People. "Because they always get beaten by Bayern Dortmund and Leipzing"
WTF.

Bayern walks the league almost every year yes, but they'd walk any league most years. This season with liverpool being so good and consistent is probably one of 2 or 3 times MAX this decade I couldn't confidently say Bayern would have won the premier league by 5+ points if dumped into it, same with la Liga. Barca and Real a couple of times have been good enough to keep up or overtake, or bayern have had an off season, but 7/10 times they'd have murdered the spanish farmers league too. The only time I'd say our midtable teams are worse than EPL teams is when they have useless as fuck aggro little cock sucking Peruvian farmers as strikers scoring 6 goals a season.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

People "Bayern, Dortmund and Leipzig are great, but the rest of the league are of suspicious quality"
Me "Why"
WTF.

I didn't say that though did I.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Neither do you...

To be fair Ive seen Spike change his opinion on more then one occasion. One relevent to Bayern; Pep's tenure specifically. I dont recall ever seeing you change your mind on anything? not dog piling here but just my 2 cents. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Me "Why"
WTF.

Bayern walks the league almost every year yes, but they'd walk any league most years. This season with liverpool being so good and consistent is probably one of 2 or 3 times MAX this decade I couldn't confidently say Bayern would have won the premier league by 5+ points if dumped into it, same with la Liga. Barca and Real a couple of times have been good enough to keep up or overtake, or bayern have had an off season, but 7/10 times they'd have murdered the spanish farmers league too. The only time I'd say our midtable teams are worse than EPL teams is when they have useless as fuck aggro little cock sucking Peruvian farmers as strikers scoring 6 goals a season.

la liga > bundeslolga

the spaniards are little bitches though, since they don’t have goal differential the moment they go  down 2-0 to real madrid or farca they roll over and let them ravage them 10-0. spanish mid table rolls over 3/4 german teams fucken sinch

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

To be fair Ive seen Spike change his opinion on more then one occasion. One relevent to Bayern; Pep's tenure specifically. I dont recall ever seeing you change your mind on anything? not dog piling here but just my 2 cents. 

I have, in fact I did just now. Before I didn't rate the Bundesliga in the slightest. Now I said Bayern, BVB and Leipzig are good.

Just now, Spike said:

la liga > bundeslolga

the spaniards are little bitches though, since they don’t have goal differential the moment they go  down 2-0 to real madrid or farca they roll over and let them ravage them 10-0. spanish mid table rolls over 3/4 german teams fucken sinch

Spanish mid table teams can't even score a fucking goal. Sharp Bundesliga counter attacks will shred their fucking boring exorcism level possession game like Bayern did to barca every time. If a budesliga team scores 2, boom game over, the dumb spics can't score more than a goal every 90. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

I have, in fact I did just now. Before I didn't rate the Bundesliga in the slightest. Now I said Bayern, BVB and Leipzig are good.

Well thats not really changing your opinion on the league though is it? Thats just 3 clubs. 

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Well thats not really changing your opinion on the league though is it? Thats just 3 clubs. 

My former argument was German clubs didn't prove anything to me that they are the best league.

Leipzig and Bayern did that and I am impressed with BVB's business. Meanwhile the lower half the league is devoid in defending. It doesn't exist. And not only that but they embarrass themselves in Europa League. Frankfurt got destroyed against Basel ffs. Why should I change my opinion? To appease @Devil-Dick Willie and not be called a dumb cunt?

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Spanish mid table teams can't even score a fucking goal. Sharp Bundesliga counter attacks will shred their fucking boring exorcism level possession game like Bayern did to barca every time. If a budesliga team scores 2, boom game over, the dumb spics can't score more than a goal every 90. 

you dumb prick they aren’t spic because they aren’t hispanic, get your fucking slurs right ‘grand arbiter of racism’

sevilla would demolish over borussia ‘we are the best fans ever, fuck dusseldorf’ dortmund, thye don’t even need to score because mats hummels would put it in his own net with his turn radius of a tank

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

you dumb prick they aren’t spic because they aren’t hispanic, get your fucking slurs right ‘grand arbiter of racism’

sevilla would demolish over borussia ‘we are the best fans ever, fuck dusseldorf’ dortmund, thye don’t even need to score because mats hummels would put it in his own net with his turn radius of a tank

This is true, you've done your reaserch, but Dortmund would score 3.

Also, I'm well aware of what terminology I used. You have to be ironic. If I just used an anti spanish slur I'd get another warning. You've got to be clever, passive aggressive. The smart slur is the under the radar slur. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This is true, you've done your reaserch, but Dortmund would score 3.

Also, I'm well aware of what terminology I used. You have to be ironic. If I just used an anti spanish slur I'd get another warning. You've got to be clever, passive aggressive. The smart slur is the under the radar slur. 

of course i am right, i only repeat the opinions of people smarter than me.

you’re nearly right, we can use whatever slurs we like unless they offend the poms, so we can’t even use some of our own langauge becuase they recoil in horror not realising it wasn’t even a slur. this is cultural supression.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

of course i am right, i only repeat the opinions of people smarter than me.

you’re nearly right, we can use whatever slurs we like unless they offend the poms, so we can’t even use some of our own langauge becuase they recoil in horror not realising it wasn’t even a slur. this is cultural supression.

I got so much heat for using the w word. Little do they know...
The Wog Boy (DVD, 2010) for sale online | eBay
Wog Boy 2: Kings of Mykonos - Wikipedia

Both screened in cinemas xD

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I got so much heat for using the w word. Little do they know...

Both screened in cinemas xD

I always liked the first film , never saw the second. my cousins a bunch of times removed are Ws, Maltese. Imagine how these Euros would react to the names they’d get called for liking Wball in deep rugby league territory

Archived