The better place to talk football.

Round 06: Monaco

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Maybe some teams can use the in-season testing next week to solve some underlying issues.

RB want to introduce two more engine upgrades at some point in the season but that probably won't be in Monaco. Without the additional power/"party mode" available (Honda is working on it) Max will struggle to beat Mercedes for pole...but that's his best chance I reckon.

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Monaco is Max's chance to shine and finally get a race win again. 

Looking forward to it!

Have you noticed how one Red Bull driver had a difficult start but is slowly catching up?

Monaco's the time for the world to see 

Pierre-Gasly-Portraet-2019-articleDetail

THE GREAT GASLY! 

49 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Have you noticed how one Red Bull driver had a difficult start but is slowly catching up?

THE GREAT GASLY! 

You beat me to it, he is expected to come 5th/6th. Anything more be good for him and RB.

Mercedes seem to have a better balance  between down-force and straight line speed. They can use the bigger rear wing which gives them greater down-force and have the power to negate the drag caused by the rear wing. Hence good through the corners whether slow or fast.

Regarding Bottas and the clutch, this is 3 races on the bounce that Lewis has made much better starts. Lewis came back and overtook him in Bahrain and caught up in Baku. Bottas when not in front, isn't quick enough to hunt drivers down and fight back.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Tommy said:

THE GREAT GASLY! 

He's been getting closer and 0.3s behind Max in quali was ok. His race pace was still a bit frustrating though; still 0.75s per lap on average slower than Max. Hope he improves as Red Bull could battle Ferrari for the second place in the Constructors' standings if both drivers deliver.

Monaco will be either Mercedes 1-2 again or one the Red Bulls upfront. Can't see Ferrari anywhere near it. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's race week!!! :banana:

It could rain on Saturday so maybe we'll have wet quali to make things exciting!

It is! 

I will actually be missing this race (live at least), as I'll be off with the wife celebrating our 5 years of marriage.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

It is! 

I will actually be missing this race (live at least), as I'll be off with the wife celebrating our 5 years of marriage.

Are you sad that I'm married or missing the race? :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived