talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Should Religion Stop LGBT Lessons in School?

football forum

Just now, Eco said:

I don't think  anyone has disagreed with you on this point. 

It seems like we are all in agreement that was DOES need to be taught from an early age, is acceptance of all people (race, color, religion, language), and leave all of the sexuality for an appropriate age. 

SirBalon doesn't he is saying kids will only taught that different people exist without having any effect on their own understanding of their sexuality he has said that many times.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, José said:

It doesn't. What bothers me is how they shove their beliefs/ways an expect a non-lbgt to be okay with it. For example, I smoke pot, and soon it will be legal here, but that doesnt guarentee that some may still not agree with it. Does it bother me? Not at all and the same should apply for the LGBT, find your true self and then live it. 

It's like my family right now, I have two cousins (both from cali, go figure) and they have both come out as lesbo/bia. I dont approve of such lifestyle but I do approve of the right to freedom. They do their thing  without the need for all the family to be okay with it, just like a do my smoking. Some things are better kept on the DL. 

So how are the LGBT shoving their big, hairy, veiny, beliefs down your throat?

Just now, Cicero said:

So how are the LGBT shoving their big hairy, veiny, beliefs down your throat?

I'm going to assume @José is talking about all of the gay parades, rainbows at all major events nowadays, and the fact that we now have a pride month. 

3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

SirBalon doesn't he is saying kids will only taught that different people exist without having any effect on their own understanding of their sexuality he has said that many times.

he has said many times that what needs to be taught is acceptance of all people. Does't matter what 'category' you classify them, but that all children need to accept one another as humans. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm going to assume @José is talking about all of the gay parades, rainbows at all major events nowadays, and the fact that we now have a pride month. 

You are warned aren't you? They even have KKK rallies still. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

he has said many times that what needs to be taught is acceptance of all people. Does't matter what 'category' you classify them, but that all children need to accept one another as humans. 

Ah No, when i said that it will influence their own understanding of sexuality he and Danny simply said It Won't Happen 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

You are warned aren't you? They even have KKK rallies still. 

Listen - I'm not saying I agree, but I could see how someone might think that when they turn on a sporting event and everyone is waving rainbow scarfs and flags during a sporting event. 

And no, they don't have 'legal' KKK rallies. It's even against the law to buy/sell an old confederate flag. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, José said:

:96_ok_hand:

Rainbow color numbers and captain band is completely uncalled for. Sex, religion, and political views should all be excluded out of sports. 

How does that affect you, though? Like, physically or mentally?

It's a colour of a number/material and doesn't effect the way the sport is played...? 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Listen - I'm not saying I agree, but I could see how someone might think that when they turn on a sporting event and everyone is waving rainbow scarfs and flags during a sporting event. 

And no, they don't have 'legal' KKK rallies. It's even against the law to buy/sell an old confederate flag. 

In all states ?

Just now, Azeem said:

In all states ?

It is in the South (where it was a lot more common). 

I'm not sure if it became a federal law, but Jose (Alabama) and myself (Georgia), cannot legally buy a confederate flag. (Not that I would ever want one mind you)

2 minutes ago, José said:

The last part is wrong imo. They just had a KKK rally in Ohio, but it was overshadowed by protesters. Even the ACLU is fair and has represented the KKK because they believe everyone has the right to freedom. You sure about the Confederate flags? As long as it doesn't have anything racist, last time I check, southern kids are allowed to wear the flag ad southern pride. 

On May 19, 2016, the United States House of Representatives voted to ban the display of Confederate flags on flagpoles at Veterans Administration cemeteries, by a 265-159 vote. The ban was contained in an amendment (House Amendment 592, 114th Congress) to House bill 2822, an appropriations bill.

*Looks like States individually are outlawing it - Here is GA...

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. (WTHR) — New legislation in Georgia would outlaw any symbols, monuments, memorials or other dedications to the Confederacy on public property.

Under HB 175, the only exception to the ban would be at museums, Civil War battlefields, 11Alive reported.

Even flying a Confederate battle flag on private property might be outlawed.

The bill would also make it illegal to display symbols of the Confederacy at a residence, store, place of business, public building or school. That law includes inside or outside those buildings.

A Georgia resident told 11Alive that she doesn't agree with the proposal because it would take away from the education of the country's history.

"It was there at a time, and it was built for a time, but don't tear it down. Let's grow from it," April Lovingood said. "You're erasing a part of history I think our kids need to know about."

The bill is still in the early stages of legislation.

And @José - I remember a story about Amazon, ebay, and other online retailers not selling the flag anymore, so maybe I'm wrong in saying that it's 'illegal', but it seems to be that's where we are heading. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, José said:

It affects me because it's not being fair to the rest. Its another way to promote social acceptance. .... just like many TV shows, including kids shows, are being cornered and force to include a gray main character. They want to completely change the way of humanity just to satisfy their thirst for social acceptance. Having the freedom to do so is not enough for them. 

That's the issue though - they don't have the freedom of social acceptance. All the rainbow colours etc goes to show that the sport supports them against the discrimination they face. 

36 minutes ago, Machado said:

That's why these classes won't be more than smoke.

If Islam is openly against homosexuality, I expect a Muslim parent to withdraw their children from LGBT classes, and that is ermm... okay? The answer depends on whether you believe children belong to the state or to their parents which is what this topic really is about.

Education is different than ideals. Should schools try to impose one way of thinking, acting, and being, onto all children? It's not hard to see where Azeem comes from with his authoritarian argument.

Tolerance belongs to the state and intolerance of any form inclusive of what one says shouldn’t be permitted. There should be an implementation of political correctness to this effect. The classes should be a forced curriculum for all. If you want that lifestyle you choose, move to a state that promotes it.

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

And @José - I remember a story about Amazon, ebay, and other online retailers not selling the flag anymore, so maybe I'm wrong in saying that it's 'illegal', but it seems to be that's where we are heading. 

Will it cause trouble if you wave it at you're home or workplace ?

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm not sure that's true. I've seen pictures of KKK parades with police officers having to protect the klansmen. Often times they have to apply for permits for their big rallies too.

The cross burning shite is likely illegal, but there have definitely been legal KKK rallies and parades. And I think a law against buying/selling a confederate flag would probably violate the first amendment somehow.

11 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Will it cause trouble if you wave it at you're home or workplace ?

Don't know and frankly I don't care. 

I don't bother myself with things that don't concern me. I don't have any 'rebel' flags, nor am I offended by it, so I frankly don't care one way or the other. 

7 minutes ago, José said:

I dont have the freedom of acceptance when it comes to smoking medical marijuana or fucking every hoe with no manners that crosses my path. Does it bother me ?not at all. I just do my thing and fuck what others think. 

Again, sports in general should stay out if it. 

Again, I'll state the same thing I said to Azeem. 

I'm not against the LGBT community, but nor am I a LGBT, and at the end of the day, it's doesn't effect me or my family one iota. Therefore, I don't really care what they do, where and when they do it. Rainbow flag Atlanta United kits? Sure, whatever, as I'm not a fan because of the colors, but instead of the players and community that those shirts represent. It seems a little odd that it's so big in American sports to have rainbows for the LGBT community, but there are a lot more important things to worry about than what colors your team is wearing and who is 'banging' whom.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not sure that's true. I've seen pictures of KKK parades with police officers having to protect the klansmen. Often times they have to apply for permits for their big rallies too.

The cross burning shite is likely illegal, but there have definitely been legal KKK rallies and parades. And I think a law against buying/selling a confederate flag would probably violate the first amendment somehow.

Again, I could be wrong, I just can't imagine that KKK rallies. Maybe it's because I'm in Atlanta, with a large expecting, and diverse crowd and so it wouldn't go well if there was such a rally here. 

On the flag, I think it's illegal for public properties, and a lot of online retailers aren't selling them anymore (amazon, ebay,...)

• Administrator

@José do you use marijuana for medicinal purposes though or recreational?

Have you ever been attacked unprovoked for banging anything that breathes though? 

You say it doesn't bother you but I think it does? The fact you feel 'discriminated' (for lack of a better word) against because gays get support for their position but you feel you don't...? 

Just now, Eco said:

Again, I could be wrong, I just can't imagine that KKK rallies. Maybe it's because I'm in Atlanta, with a large expecting, and diverse crowd and so it wouldn't go well if there was such a rally here. 

On the flag, I think it's illegal for public properties, and a lot of online retailers aren't selling them anymore (amazon, ebay,...)

And 30 seconds of research seems to show that amazon has...un-censored themselves. Still not sure. 

From Newsweek - 

You can't buy a Confederate flag from Amazon, Etsy or Walmart, but they're available at Alabama Flag & Banner, which claims to be the only U.S.-based company manufacturing the rebel flag.

32 minutes ago, José said:

It affects me because it's not being fair to the rest. Its another way to promote social acceptance. .... just like many TV shows, including kids shows, are being cornered and force to include a gray main character. They want to completely change the way of humanity just to satisfy their thirst for social acceptance. Having the freedom to do so is not enough for them. 

Who's it being unfair to? Please don't say it's unfair to weed smokers. 

1 hour ago, José said:

Yet the LGBT movement does exactly that, categorize them. It's not enough for them to have the freedom of choosing whatever lifestyle they want, the problem I have is they self categorize them self's and expect us to fully accept their ways..

Freedom versus social acceptance is not the same. 

They are forced to categorise so as to have a tool to fight with in the mission to normalise it all. Once it’s concluded (if ever because bigots will always exist) then they won’t have to. 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

I'm not talking about categorizing im talking about that young children should not be exposed to sexual content until an appropriate age whether homo or heterosexual 

There is no sexual content. Just sexual preference in the shape of gender. 

Archived