talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3.Liga and below 2019/20

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No No - not tainted - that is too harsh a word - the performances this season have bee good enough to deserve this outcome - take it with pride and look forward to a new challenge in August.  Starting with idea that 'we were lucky the season ended when it did' is not the way forward. You got it, you deserved it and now prove it was the right decision. Never, ever reject a present at Christmas or when your birthday comes around - it often means that somewhere, somebody luvs you!:congrats:

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Penultimate round of games tomorrow...

image.png

image.png

Ridiculously tight at the top of the league and to avoid those last 2 relegation spots.

Zwickau vs Chemnitzer is a 6-pointer if ever there was one!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Eintracht Braunschwieg win, moving into 2nd!

Win against Meppen and they are into the second division!

They are already in the second division, since Bayern II can't get promoted so you just have to ignore them :) 

Münster are sadly relegated already :( 

MSV need a win and then hope Ingolstadt lose against 1860 in order to make the playoff.

Just now, nudge said:

They are already in the second division, since Bayern II can't get promoted so you just have to ignore them :)  

Münster are sadly relegated already :( 

MSV need a win and then hope Ingolstadt lose against 1860 in order to make the playoff.

You know...I wasn't sure about that. That sucks as I guess they won't be declared champions because of Bayern II.

Well that is exciting!

Since Saarbucken has already been promoted, now we need Bremen to win, and MSV to get promoted to have a good year..

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

You know...I wasn't sure about that. That sucks as I guess they won't be declared champions because of Bayern II.

Well that is exciting!

Since Saarbucken has already been promoted, now we need Bremen to win, and MSV to get promoted to have a good year..

Yep, reserve teams of 1. and 2. division clubs can't get promoted above 3. division. They shouldn't be allowed to take part in lower leagues at all, if you ask me...

Just now, nudge said:

Yep, reserve teams of 1. and 2. division clubs can't get promoted above 3. division. They shouldn't be allowed to take part in lower leagues at all, if you ask me...

I agree. They should have a separate league for reserve teams.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I agree. They should have a separate league for reserve teams.

The issue with a reserve team league, would be that nobody wanted to see Sandhausen II playing RB Leipzig II, and therefore a nationwide reserve league wouldn't be sustainable, though. Although I'm not a friend of second teams playing in the ordinary league pyramid, I get the logic behind it. I'd rather they abolished II teams and have players from the big club's youth departments playing with other clubs than those, who nurtured them, if they ain't capable to get a first team's squad spot like they do it in England.. That's only my personal opinion , of course.

Thanks for rooting for us but I don't think we would have had a chance against Nürnberg anyway. Corona and the ridiculous way it was handled by the DFB was too much for our small squad.

The most sad part about it is that we have some real talented players which we will most certainly lose. Could well be that this was our last shot to return to Liga 2 and even if it's not the financial burden gets bigger and bigger every year and it's becoming more and more unrealistic that we will play in Liga 2 long-term. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not watching the match, but hope Nürnberg win here.

So do I and they have been all over Ingolstadt in the opening 20 minutes. It is surely only a matter of time before they score.

It was quite even in the first half in Ingolstadt but Ingolstadt have taken the lead early here in the 2nd half. Kutschke has scored a tap in and it is  one of the easiest goals that he will score in his career after a huge blunder by the Nurnberg goalkeeper Mathenia. Mathenia fisted the ball away from a cross, the ball then hit his own defender and fell right in front of Kutschke to score a foot away from the goal line.

FC Ingolstadt 1-0 FC Nurnberg

Ingolstadt score their 3rd goal and it's another header from a free-kick! This time it's Krausse with the header towards the far post and in!

It's incredible how Ingolstadt have turned this tie around in the first 20 minutes or so of this 2nd half!

Ingolstadt 3-0 Nurnberg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived