Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Picard - Amazon original 2020

I’m optimistic about this. Not getting my hopes up though. 

• Upvote 1

This actually looks good... 

I sadly never managed to get into Star Trek the Original Series but I will try the sequels/prequels again at some point....

Casting looks good and they've got all the right elements in it as well. The Borg, etc. Hopefully it does not disappoint.

Looking forward to this as I have mentioned in here before I am a Star Trek nutter, have seen all the Next Generation, Voyager & Deep Space Nine series and Picard & Data are my favourite characters. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

I’m optimistic about this. Not getting my hopes up though.

I see 7 of 9 from Voyager is in that trailer :x

download.png.6c2648d7ce032766ecd62ba3b94c1bef.png

1275851902_download(1).png.2bf330bc5f5a17d9b471c0dc01609891.png

Grew up watching all kinds of Star Trek, because my dad is a huge Trekkie. That trailer left me a bit underwhelmed, but we'll see. 

15 hours ago, Tommy said:

That trailer left me a bit underwhelmed, but we'll see. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d36deea4b57475936

36 minutes ago, Tommy said:

FarThirstyAndeancondor-size_restricted.g

I love the character Data played by Brent Spiner and would you believe he played Dr Brakish Okun in Independence Day :D

• Upvote 1

So has anyone watched the first episode yet?

On 24/01/2020 at 02:24, nudge said:

So has anyone watched the first episode yet?

I have. Thought it was quite good. I liked the reveal at the end and introduction of Maddox's role in all of it. 

• Upvote 1

Watched it last night. Not nearly as woke as some media have made out. Its not particularly amazing writing wise but Sir Pat is superb. 

• Upvote 3

I'm probably gonna buy the dvd when it comes out. I'm not a trekkie but I like some of star trek.

Because I'm not a trekkie cannon inconsistences don't really bother me. I really liked discovery. However I can understand why Trekkies hated it as it's not really star trek but personally I liked it as a show.

14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm probably gonna buy the dvd when it comes out. I'm not a trekkie but I like some of star trek.

Because I'm not a trekkie cannon inconsistences don't really bother me. I really liked discovery. However I can understand why Trekkies hated it as it's not really star trek but personally I liked it as a show.

Thought Discovery wasn't half bad honestly. It started poorly but really picked up. Have you seen the new Picard yet?

53 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Thought Discovery wasn't half bad honestly. It started poorly but really picked up. Have you seen the new Picard yet?

No I haven't got Amazon I'll buy the dvd when it comes out. I think a lot of the reason some people didn't like it was because it wasn't really star trek. However I don't think a star trek like the old star trek series would be popular. Audiences want more action now and more ongoing story lines and the writers have to adapt to that because they can't rely on just Trekkies. Maybe a ds9 like series would do ok. That had an ongoing storyline with the dominion.