talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The U.S. and Mass Shootings

football forum

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

so what is the main reason for people wanting guns so bad in America?

Said it before and will say it again, some Americans still live in a time warp and still think it is the Wild West with Billy the Kid, Jesse James, Wyatt Earp, Pat Garretts etc running around and they fancy themselves as Annie Oakley's or the Lone Ranger riding around shouting 'Hi Ho Silver Away'...:coffee:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110c2e1bf8967c4dbbc8

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 00:25, DeadLinesman said:

Your handgun or AR15 is unlikely to defend you from a drone that could drop a small bomb within a centimetre accuracy on your head. This is how fucking stupid some people are when it comes to the interpretation of the second amendment.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a drone that can drop a small bomb within a centimetre accuracy on your head, is a good guy with a drone that can drop a small bomb within a centimetre accuracy of your head.

18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a drone that can drop a small bomb within a centimetre accuracy on your head, is a good guy with a drone that can drop a small bomb within a centimetre accuracy of your head.

We need to arm teachers with drones!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Harry said:

It worked ok in Australia.

Not so well in Germany or the USSR. 

Basically, staged school 'shootings' as a tool to get Americans to hand over their weapons is a pretty obvious ploy. 

It's scary how many people actually trust the state and believe a word they say

You feel it's more plausible that the state would stage two decades worth of school shootings so they can reinstate the Bill Clinton assault weapons restrictions that was still in place at the time the two decades of shootings started?

9 hours ago, Vegan Kel said:

Not so well in Germany or the USSR. 

Basically, staged school 'shootings' as a tool to get Americans to hand over their weapons is a pretty obvious ploy. 

It's scary how many people actually trust the state and believe a word they say

NRA has a lot of politicians in their pockets and "the state" at the moment has no intention of banning assault rifles especially as the seem to have the whole Republican party locked down. Your theory that the government would "stage" shootings in order to get guns banned doesn't hold up. They love guns, a lot.

If we're going to talk about not trusting the government, it'd make more sense to call out their lack of integrity and call them out for being scared of the NRA and allowing the NRA to affect policies.

Also the idea that the state is scared of citizens having weapons because citizens might finally have enough and give the state the comeuppance they deserve also doesn't hold up. Most of the gun nuts that don't want assault rifles banned pretty much accept whatever shit the government want as long as they blame the negative affects on immigrants. These people are a corrupt government's dream. They're fully bought into the "America can do no wrong".

Stop taking YouTube documentaries seriously.

On 21/09/2019 at 19:57, 6666 said:

NRA has a lot of politicians in their pockets and "the state" at the moment has no intention of banning assault rifles especially as the seem to have the whole Republican party locked down. Your theory that the government would "stage" shootings in order to get guns banned doesn't hold up. They love guns, a lot.

If we're going to talk about not trusting the government, it'd make more sense to call out their lack of integrity and call them out for being scared of the NRA and allowing the NRA to affect policies.

Also the idea that the state is scared of citizens having weapons because citizens might finally have enough and give the state the comeuppance they deserve also doesn't hold up. Most of the gun nuts that don't want assault rifles banned pretty much accept whatever shit the government want as long as they blame the negative affects on immigrants. These people are a corrupt government's dream. They're fully bought into the "America can do no wrong".

Stop taking YouTube documentaries seriously.

Stop taking the mass media who are all owned and controlled by the same groups seriously. That's how they continue to implement their agenda. If you believe the media then you need to learn how to actually think because that would indicate that you don't know how

5 hours ago, Vegan Kel said:

Stop taking the mass media who are all owned and controlled by the same groups seriously. That's how they continue to implement their agenda. If you believe the media then you need to learn how to actually think because that would indicate that you don't know how

The Republicans themselves quite openly support NRA. That's not a media conspiracy. Also, if there was the fantasy war between the government and the people that you're imagining, the people wouldn't stand much of a chance regardless of people having guns. I guess people should also be allowed to own military weapons and military aircraft that drop bombs. Just in case... :35_thinking:

If you believe amateur, propaganda feuling, YouTube documentaries then you need to learn how to actually think.

9 hours ago, 6666 said:

The Republicans themselves quite openly support NRA. That's not a media conspiracy. Also, if there was the fantasy war between the government and the people that you're imagining, the people wouldn't stand much of a chance regardless of people having guns. I guess people should also be allowed to own military weapons and military aircraft that drop bombs. Just in case... :35_thinking:

If you believe amateur, propaganda feuling, YouTube documentaries then you need to learn how to actually think.

So you think law abiding Americans should give up their guns when criminals carry? Or are the criminals going to obey the law despite being, er, criminals? Or maybe you aren't aware that most of these state sponsored school 'shootings' occur in non-carry zones? I don't think I have to spell out why that is. 

But yeah, apart from that, I'm sure it makes sense to ban law abiding citizens from carrying guns because a few fake shootings are absolutely terrifying. If they cry on telly their kids must be dead

7 hours ago, Vegan Kel said:

So you think law abiding Americans should give up their guns when criminals carry? Or are the criminals going to obey the law despite being, er, criminals? Or maybe you aren't aware that most of these state sponsored school 'shootings' occur in non-carry zones? I don't think I have to spell out why that is. 

But yeah, apart from that, I'm sure it makes sense to ban law abiding citizens from carrying guns because a few fake shootings are absolutely terrifying. If they cry on telly their kids must be dead

In your perspective how is it they are fake? Pretend deaths? Or secretly assassinated by the state and painted to look like some nutter did it?

75% of Americans favour the legislation put forward by the house Congress in the US which improves background checks and limits sales of some semi automatic assault rifles. Still a huge number of guns remain on the market, still it's easier by far too get a gun in America than most other places in the world...

What are the motives at play that would drive desire to see the legislation implemented or not?

Is there enough upside in these changes for "the state" (to simplify their ability to quell any future hypothetical uprising) to justify two decades of "fake shootings"?

Is there enough upside to the sensible centre and people who care about their common man to have some shootings prevented by background checks, and others reduced in intensity due to tighter limits on cartridge sizes and rates of fire?

Is there enough downside to the gun companies in lost revenues that would lead them to continue to wield their influence over the Republican Congress that are utterly in the pocket of most corporations but especially the gun lobby?

5 hours ago, Vegan Kel said:

Criminals break the law so let's not have laws... great logic.

Also, there don't seem to be many school shootings here. It might be the lack of a culture that's obsessed with guns. :35_thinking:

Criminals will have guns so let's make it easier for them and people with mental health issues to buy assault rifles? That's pretty thick to be honest.

And "fake school shootings"? You've said a lot of dumb things in your time in all of your different phases that you seem to go through but this might be the dumbest. Let me know when you get to the flat earth conspiracy.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Criminals break the law so let's not have laws... great logic.

Also, there don't seem to be many school shootings here. It might be the lack of a culture that's obsessed with guns. :35_thinking:

Criminals will have guns so let's make it easier for them and people with mental health issues to buy assault rifles? That's pretty thick to be honest.

And "fake school shootings"? You've said a lot of dumb things in your time in all of your different phases that you seem to go through but this might be the dumbest. Let me know when you get to the flat earth conspiracy.

I'd forgotten how thick you are. Let's go through your nonsense point by point.

Criminals in the USA legally carry guns. Are they more likely to threaten someone with a gun who can shoot back or someone without one? Tough one that.

Yes there isn't because we don't have the gun culture that Americans have which is why this subject is to do with the USA. Do you even have a point? Because it sounds like you just churn out the shit you read in The Guardian rather than actually read what someone puts and then form your own opinion and construct your own argument. You didn't go to uni by any chance did you?

When did I mention mental health or making it easy? I said people would be stupid to give up their guns to the state and the fact that mental people can walk around with guns is precisely the reason you might want to carry one rather than walk around hoping the police will save you like a good little statist drone.

So you don't think that the state commit false flags? Sandy Hook being the most obvious one involving a school. Unfortunately, if something isn't in The Guardian or on BBC News then it's never going to be something you're likely to hear about.

The dumbest thing I ever thought is that there was nothing, them there was a big explosion and even though every other explosion ever destroys matter this magic one created everything. It created all the 'planets' that exist on cartoons and computers but nowhere else and it created all the dinosaurs that nobody has ever seen even one fossil of and fish became monkeys who became people because some inbred freemason made a theory that idiots think is a fact.

Of course it is flat ffs

On 28/09/2019 at 02:45, Vegan Kel said:

I'd forgotten how thick you are. Let's go through your nonsense point by point.

Criminals in the USA legally carry guns. Are they more likely to threaten someone with a gun who can shoot back or someone without one? Tough one that.

Yes there isn't because we don't have the gun culture that Americans have which is why this subject is to do with the USA. Do you even have a point? Because it sounds like you just churn out the shit you read in The Guardian rather than actually read what someone puts and then form your own opinion and construct your own argument. You didn't go to uni by any chance did you?

When did I mention mental health or making it easy? I said people would be stupid to give up their guns to the state and the fact that mental people can walk around with guns is precisely the reason you might want to carry one rather than walk around hoping the police will save you like a good little statist drone.

So you don't think that the state commit false flags? Sandy Hook being the most obvious one involving a school. Unfortunately, if something isn't in The Guardian or on BBC News then it's never going to be something you're likely to hear about.

The dumbest thing I ever thought is that there was nothing, them there was a big explosion and even though every other explosion ever destroys matter this magic one created everything. It created all the 'planets' that exist on cartoons and computers but nowhere else and it created all the dinosaurs that nobody has ever seen even one fossil of and fish became monkeys who became people because some inbred freemason made a theory that idiots think is a fact.

Of course it is flat ffs

This is genuinely one of the funniest things I've ever read in my life...

… up until you realise it's 100% serious

Archived