talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

I've been watching all the PPVs since WK this year, and I just finished watching every match of the G1. Amazing matches. Sanada is fast becoming my favorite non westerner non Ibushi wrestler. If I were vince I'd throw the cheque book at him. he's big, got the WWE look, and is an amazing in ring talent. Would do so much better than Nakamura

On 18/09/2018 at 08:35, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mixed tag was.... fine. The miz vs Bryan did not need to be watered down by their talentless wives, and Brie bella is going to fucking injure someone soon. She needs to go. She already hurt Zelina Vega bad, now she opened up miz with some punches. Imagine if that were his wife instead.

Annnnd Brie has concussed Liv Morgan. Kicked her in the head. Fucking get rid of her.

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I've been watching all the PPVs since WK this year, and I just finished watching every match of the G1. Amazing matches. Sanada is fast becoming my favorite non westerner non Ibushi wrestler. If I were vince I'd throw the cheque book at him. he's big, got the WWE look, and is an amazing in ring talent. Would do so much better than Nakamura

He's come a long way since his ginger days in TNA. I'd be cautious going to WWE if I was anybody at the moment as NXT is stacked. EC3 has got a bit lost in the shuffle up against Ricochet, Undisputed Era etc and it's only getting more competitive with Keith Lee and Matt Riddle. 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Annnnd Brie has concussed Liv Morgan. Kicked her in the head. Fucking get rid of her.

We all know why The Bellas are untouchable.

On 24/09/2018 at 23:48, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Amazing matches. Sanada is fast becoming my favorite non westerner non Ibushi wrestler. If I were vince I'd throw the cheque book at him. he's big, got the WWE look, and is an amazing in ring talent. Would do so much better than Nakamura

WWE don't know what to do with wrestlers that don't speak clear English. They do well in NXT but on the main roster, Vince just gets confused when trying to push them.

On 10/10/2018 at 02:15, 6666 said:

WWE don't know what to do with wrestlers that don't speak clear English. They do well in NXT but on the main roster, Vince just gets confused when trying to push them.

I can't help feel they're playing down Asuka and Nakamura at the minute to make their own talent seem more superior to that in Japan given NJPW is beginning to make waves in the USA. They both went from winning Royal Rumbles to being lost in three months.

I watched the Australian PPV last night, you know the one where Triple H and Undertaker main evented because nobody in Australia has watched wrestling since the Atittude era.

Firstly, the Buddy Murphy and Cedric Alexander match. Wow. I love matches like that. The moves those two were pulling off in sync with each other was absolutely incredible. I'm my opinion the best matches of their careers and shows this Cruiserweight division could work if scripted properly and had some more star power. Gargano, Ciampa, Ricochet etc are all under 205 pounds. They'd go a long way to improving the status of the divison.

I thought pretty much all the outcomes were correct. Becky Lynch is establishing herself as a heel, New Day are early in to their title reign, Lashley and Rousey both need to keep winning, The Shield should be beating makeshift teams and i can live with quick Bryan finish if Miz still gets himself firmly in to the title picture.

One thing thats beginning to annoy me is AJ Styles is having these feuds right now that should be absolutely class but they're not because he's clearly been told to tone it down by about 80%. His match with Joe and Daniels ten years ago was at least five times better than anything he's done since Wrestle Mania. It's really frustrating given all the rubbish he put up with in TNA that he's finally at the top of mountain and he's still not being allowed to fully showcase himself. 

So last night was TNA's WrestleMania - Bound For Glory.

All in all a good show, but the ending has got everybody talking. I cannot work out for me if it was a work or a shoot.

John Morrison beats Austin Aries, Austin Aries gets up after four seconds and no sells. He then starts shouting at the head booker who is up in the rafters, and then walks out after flipping the crowd the bird.

Austin Aries has developed somewhat of a reputation as difficult to work with. His WWE release has allegedly been based on him being difficult to work with, he's joined companies on the premise of winning titles (then left after), he was the only person not to get booked at All In that was available, Chris Jericho has left him off his PPV and Cody Rhodes gave him a dig for not signing autographs for free. One story you can ignore, but all that in less than 18 months?

He cut a promo beforehand last night of TNA being a second thought for John Morrison behind his reality career (which felt like he was speaking from the truth) and then when he walked out last night his hench men were standing at ring side looking like they didn't know what to do.

On the flip side if Austin Aries is playing on the fact he's developed the difficilt reputation to work with then he's a fantastic actor and this is brilliant.

Catch the promo and the post match stuff here: https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact-wrestling/2018/10/14/17977320/impact-wrestling-bound-for-glory-austin-aries-johnny-impact-work-shoot

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

In WWE news nikki Bella summoned a team of security guards by shaking her ass.

Do you think they were turned heal because of what happened or was it gonna happen anyway?

To be honest, they had a program all lined up, and a match booked for the card at evolution. Everything seemed to be building for 3 v 3 at evolution possible bella heel turn there, with Ronda going on to fight ruby riot at the next ppv for the belt, then maybe Nikki at the rumble or Survivor series.

So this seems forced and sudden. Not necissarily because of the botches, but somethings changed their minds.

• Administrator

just caught news on Twitter of Tegan Nox's injury (from a WWE event in August but video only released now) where her 'knee exploded'. Opened it and there's a post from Tegan Nox which explains the injury....

'I was diagnosed with numerous injuries which included...dislocated knee cap, torn MCL & LCL, completely torn ACL and both meniscus, bone contusions and a fracture on left tibia'.

WTF. How does anyone recover from that?!