talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

8 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I believe the death threats actually from Iranians for making them look 'weak' which is ridiculous. It's only pro wrestling at the end of the day.

That's what i am saying Persian-Arab rivalry has deeper roots even beyond Islamic times. Both have peotry and literature filled with hatred and making fun of each other 

Do you think showing some Catholic Irish get beaten up by Protestant Irish even if its pro wrestling a good idea ? 

Edited by Devon Von Devon

1 hour ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Do you think showing some Catholic Irish get beaten up by Protestant Irish even if its pro wrestling a good idea ? 

I get your point but I don't think people would care unless they made it blatantly obvious that the WWE were doing it intentionally to make all Catholic Irish people look weak.

A Jinder vs Roman fued might actually make me want to die.

Also backlash was a turd. Miz v Rollins was dope. The entire rest of the card was either middle of the road or awful. Please retire Randy Orton. He's been boring as batshit for about 5+ years and puts on awful matches with great consistency

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A Jinder vs Roman fued might actually make me want to die.

Also backlash was a turd. Miz v Rollins was dope. The entire rest of the card was either middle of the road or awful. Please retire Randy Orton. He's been boring as batshit for about 5+ years and puts on awful matches with great consistency

I haven't got round to Backlash yet, hopeing to get it done at the end of the week.

Seven hours WM, five hours in the Saudi's. It's all felt a little too much at the minute. Not to mention ROH & Impact Wrestling have got their areas in gear and produced good PPVs too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A little while ago NJPW gave us one of the greatest ppvs ever, with the best match ever headlining. What did WWE give us in reply? A pile of shit

Bryan beats Cass in a mediocre match no one asked for in a fued no one wanted

lashley beats Zayn in a shit match no one asked for in a feud no one wanted

Reigns beats Jinder in a mediocre match no one asked for in a feud no one wanted

Bliss wins Money in the bank. I was surprised. I had Lynch to win and the crowd popped every time she went up the ladder, but bliss winning was fine, and the match was great.

Rollins vs Elias was nice.

Nakamura vs Styles was underwhelming (again) and the result was shit. Nakamura had nice momentum, and killed the contract signing promo. Now it feels like he'll never get the belt

Rousey vs Nia was good, Bliss cashing in was nice as well.

FUCK OFF STROWMAN!!!! Anyone but Strowman I thought as the match started. He is the last person on the planet that needs a cheap shot at the title, and every match with 3+ people and him in it becomes about him. Took away the luster of the match as fuck all happened in ring, and it devolved into the usual 'gang up on him, but it doesn't work cos he's a MONSTAHHHHHH'. Then the cunt wins the match. FFS

5/10 watch new japan instead.

• Upvote 1

To me, Money In The Bank felt like a good show with a logical ending. It strengthens the belief that Brawn will be the guy, which makes sense as hes looked like the force to be reckoned with for over a year now. Brocks long title reign has no credability what so ever due to how many times hes had to defend it. Here's hopeing he cashes in soon.

The other choices in the Money In The Bank match were interesting and give us a good insight in to WWE's thinking on Smackdown. The Miz looks like he's going to be main eventing again soon, Rusev is being taken seriously again, and The New Day are still admired at a time when the tag team division isn't. With Raw I was surprised they went for Bobby Roode over Seth Rollins. Ladder matches are made for Seth, and Bobby Roode was already in a feud with Elias. Also, let's not forget that they're using Bobby Roode as a face. A role that us clearly not his best.

In regards to the women - they had to do something to keep Rhonda looking strong without winning the title so the ending made sense, but I would have rather seen Natalya win given the work she's been doing since the brand switch. It would have been a fitting mark of respect. Alexxa Bliss winning the title so soon after feuding with Nia Jaxx surprised me too. A heel turn for Sasha Banks, who seems to have nothing to do at the moment , could have got major pops.

Then on Smackdown I really haven't got a problem with Ellsworth returning and making Carmella look like a Champion that needs help (because in a division with Charlotte, Asuka and Lynch she really does). The story with Ellsworth and Carmella felt like it was cut short when he was released, so this is an opportunity to make that right. Asuka will win the title eventually. Hopefully before WrestleMania.

The sad thing for me is that it looks like Nakamura will never be Champion. He's had plenty of opportunities as a face and a heel in the last year. They've got heels in Miz and Joe who arguably deserve opportunities now. Then there's Bryan, Orton and Jeff Hardy as faces. So I think he's reached his summit already.

Away from MITB i like this new look Corbin. A feud where he squashes Jason Jordan before a match with Angle looks good on the horizon for his character. Hopefully they'll persist in gradually booking Lashley and McIntyre as they're doing it now as there you have two guys who could realistically mix with Reigns and Brawn Strowman. The biggest disappointment for me is the lack of interest in the tag team divisions given some of the teams they now have. Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt should really be given a lot more exposure to make the Broken gimmick work.

Speaking of Reigns, I understand the logic in having him face the one guy who was more hated than him... but in Chicago?! That was asking for trouble. The chants of VELVETEEN cracked me up though.

On 18/06/2018 at 18:29, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A little while ago NJPW gave us one of the greatest ppvs ever, with the best match ever headlining. What did WWE give us in reply? A pile of shit.

5/10 watch new japan instead.

One of my friends went to a ROH War of the Worlds show with NJPW guys at Crystal Palace and he said that it was the best wrestling show he'd ever been too. The have a real great knack of progressing people. Marty Scrull looks like he's main event material, Hangman Page is getting better every year, The Kingdom have had a really good year. Then you have guys like The Young Bucks, Jay White, Kushida etc who benefit with both ROH and NJPW.

Cody Rhodes seems to be having another great year too. Speaking of Cody, I'm gutted that All In can't be televised where he is inevitably going to win the NWA title off Nick Aldis as the titles prestige continues to be restored. Nick Aldis has pretty much said he's been black balled by WWE as somebody there has spreaded the message he is difficult to work with. Which is a real shame as he seems like the ideal candidate to be the face of the UK Championship at present.

I agree about Bliss. An on the night cash in was smart. But Braun doesn't need the briefcase. He could just go over lesnar or reigns when needed. Also fuck Roode. Another Vanilla boring as fuck rest hold merchant to add to the pile

The broken gimmick is stale imo. It's the kind of thing than needs to be bonkers week after week. The woken stuff was great because it was crazy as shit. Now all he does is laugh in a feux posh accent. It's not exactly wild stuff.

Also they ruined Asuka.

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I agree about Bliss. An on the night cash in was smart. But Braun doesn't need the briefcase. He could just go over lesnar or reigns when needed. Also fuck Roode. Another Vanilla boring as fuck rest hold merchant to add to the pile

The broken gimmick is stale imo. It's the kind of thing than needs to be bonkers week after week. The woken stuff was great because it was crazy as shit. Now all he does is laugh in a feux posh accent. It's not exactly wild stuff.

Also they ruined Asuka.

I agree about Braun and Roode. The MITB briefcase could have gone to The Miz, with Braun beating Lesner fairly. As for Roode he really needs a heel turn. That's what made him great in NXT and TNA.

I really hope Asuka doesn't end up like Nakamura has done. Her saving grace is that she's the first royal rumble winner, so for historic purposes they'll want her to have a good run in the company.

NXT:UK confirmed.

NXT:UK seems to have been on the cards since ITV showed an interest in bringing back WOS. Which I actually would have preferred. Having a wrestling show on itv, even for just 8 weeks a year, could have really rejuvinated how wrestling is perceived in this country just based on the popularity of their NYE one off show. They've literally signed everybody that appeared on that initial show already other than Grado.

I know WWE have done a lot to help other promotions over recent years, but to me this is the first step before we get NXT Japan, NXT Mexico and companies like IPW and PCW will be hindered as a result. I imagine NXT UK will be a wwe network exclusive too, effectively killing any terrestrial network taking a gamble on a wrestling promotion in the near future.

In regard to NXT whilst there's a lot right with the product (the way Shayna Bazler is being handled for example) the fact Velveteen Dream lost at Takeover again is going to start to grate on people. Ricochet is great and probably will be a future NXT champion, but a loss this early in to his NXT career wouldnt have hurt him. The W for Velveteen however could have put him in the title picture.

Then you have the World Championship being around the waist of a good performer in Alexander Black. A fine talent but Johnny Gargano is putting on five star matches and his feud with Ciampa has main evented the last two takeovers (Hopefully that will be all wrapped up in the summer). Then you have Undisputed Era who have been excellent since their arrival. Personally, I hope they put the belt around Adam Cole, and he drops it to Ricochet at the Wrestle Mania takeover

The roster is beginning to look a little bloated all of a sudden too. It speaks volumes that EC3, Pete Dunne and Adam Cole are being left off the takeover card. Guys like James Storm, Eli Drake and Jay Lethal are best holding off committing to NXT to next year.

Away from WWE Impact Wrestling has been ok, largely as they've benefited through Lucha Underground guys like Pentagon, Cage, Drago and Fenix. Su Yung has been a great addition to take charge of the Knockouts Division too. I do think the belt needs to be taken off Austin Aries for a bit. Having him compete for the second biggest title of ROH whilst being Impacts Champion makes the company look real second rate. Hopefully Eli Drake signs a long contract and gets another title run.

Also i need to get round to watching Lucha Underground which has started again. It's going to be interesting to see how they adapt to not having Rey Mysterio, Ricochet and Dario Cueto. I imagine Sexy Star will not be involved either after she tried to legitimately break Rosemarys arm. With Pentagon, Fenix, Mil Muertes, Cage, Mantanza, The Mack and Johnny Mundo still around there's enough names to carry another series.

• 3 weeks later...

Well thats another not so Extreme Rules concluded for another year. A lot of matches felt like we were going through the motions. Nobody really expected anything other than Almas, Carmella, Dolph, Bliss and AJ to win. Pretty disappointed to see New Day not on the main card, Baron Corbin lose momentum already and Matt Hardy drop the tag team titles.

Two things I was particularly happy about. The first was Randy Orton turning heel again. As a face he has great momentum when he was doing his bit with Bray Wyatt but about a year ago he went flat. He never seems flat when he's a heel. He always looks main event material. I'm glad it's happened and a feud with Jeff Hardy should be a good one.

The second was Lashley beating Roman. Lashley is legit somebody who looks capable of mixing with Brock, Roman and Strowman. I think the fans realise that which is why they've resented his quick climb up the card. Having him lose in a formality loss so soon since his Raw debut would have been reminiscent of that pretty lame Cena period at the end of the naughties.

Also, how many huge bumps is Owens going to take? That's the second PPV in a row where Vince has booked him as if he's Shane.

---

Away for WWE, massive mistake from ROH not give the title to Cody just before All In because of all the exposure. I hope Pentagon and Aries drop the LU and Impact titles soon as having them as midcarders in competitive promotions makes the titles look weak.

My thoughts on WWE since WrestleMania: Raw sucks and no sign of it getting better, SmackDown is okay and could get a lot better.

Raw - I've never liked Braun Strowman, Alexa Bliss has been boring for a long time, they still won't try something different with Reigns, Lashley is ten times worse than Reigns, they've ruined Sasha Banks and Bayley, Kurt Angle is an idiot, Lesnar should've lost the title long ago and the whole main event has suffered because he hasn't, their tag division is laughably bad, they've made Kevin Owens into a complete joke, same with Sami Zayn, don't care about Corbin, Balor is dead, Matt Hardy is dead, Bray Wyatt is dead, their commentary team is fucking annoying with the 3 just arguing with each other none stop BUT maybe they'll have Seth Rollins save the main event, hopefully McIntyre is set for a big push and Rousey is actually entertaining when she's beating people up.

SmackDown - Carmella shouldn't be champion, they've ruined Asuka BUT Becky Lynch seems set to win the women's title, Nakamura as a heel is great, The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan has started, AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe set to happen (hopefully), Andrade Cien Almas push will be interesting, Orton being a crazy heel again will be fun, Rusev is always entertaining, and there's a lot they can do with the tag division if they wanted to with the Bludgeon Brothers, Usos, New Day, Sheamus&Cesaro, The Club & Sanity.

In the words of Matt Hardy, Raw should be.... DELETED!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brian Christopher lawler who was know as grand master sexy back in the day has commited suicide :( To cool and rakishi were very popular during the attitude era. Incredibly 3 ex wrestlers have all died on the same day.

Edited by Guest