talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

On 30/07/2018 at 01:44, Gunnersauraus said:

Brian Christopher lawler who was know as grand master sexy back in the day has commited suicide :( To cool and rakishi were very popular during the attitude era. Incredibly 3 ex wrestlers have all died on the same day.

Unfortunately he had a lot of issues, some of which seemed self inflicted. 

---

I can't believe I'm saying this but Slammiversary was one of the best shows Impact have put out there in roughly ten years.

Apart from maybe Eddie Edwards (who has bizarrely transitioned himself in to a very good hardcore wrestler) none of these guys would benefit from moving to WWE so hopefully they can keep this group together for another year or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst Summerslam felt like an event that needed to happen to move storylines on, NXT Takeover was amazing. In my opinion the best takeover ever.

I went to an ROH event in London yesterday. It was ok but for there to be no Cody Rhodes, Bully Ray, Emma, Frankie Kazarian, Dalton Castle, Silas Young, Kingdom or Shane Taylor was really underwhelming.

That main event was just 100% damage control, Strowman just got completely played like he usually does when it comes to Reigns and Lesnar. Really don't understand why they didn't just let him cash in that briefcaese and make it a Triple threat match. That would have been perfect, the fans want to see him win the title not Roman and last night would have been a great time to pull the trigger when it wasn't expected. But they are so focused on Roman finally beating Lesnar for it that they completely ruined the ending of their biggest show of the summer.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

That main event was just 100% damage control, Strowman just got completely played like he usually does when it comes to Reigns and Lesnar. Really don't understand why they didn't just let him cash in that briefcaese and make it a Triple threat match. That would have been perfect, the fans want to see him win the title not Roman and last night would have been a great time to pull the trigger when it wasn't expected. But they are so focused on Roman finally beating Lesnar for it that they completely ruined the ending of their biggest show of the summer.

It's become popular to hate Reigns and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. He deserves the title, Lesnar had it for far too long. It's an insult to CM Punks reign.

• Upvote 1

Summerslam was actually a lot better than expected. The only damp squib matches being Nakamura vs Hardy, which was only dull because of a worn out crowd who couldn't get up for it, and the main event. Which at least was mercifully short.

Takeover was fucking wild. Match of the night was UE vs MM. Spot of the night was definately Adam Coles superkick to Ricochet. That was fucking insane, and a reminder that dramatic timing and the balls to do a tricky spot can be just as impactful as all the flippy stuff in the world.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:48, UNORTHODOX said:

Seems like the most McMahon thing I can think of, one of the guys who took part in it has recieved death threats for impersonating an Iranian.

He's Iranian though, he's not impersonating one. I think giving him death threats is stupid, but it probably wasn't wise of him to play a part in the WWE event in Saudi Arabia and be used for anti-Shiite/Iranian propaganda... I think it could have been pretty easily predicted that involving Iran in this event would have elicited this reaction.

Iranians make good wrestling villains though. Remember the Iron Sheik?

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's Iranian though, he's not impersonating one. I think giving him death threats is stupid, but it probably wasn't wise of him to play a part in the WWE event in Saudi Arabia and be used for anti-Shiite/Iranian propaganda... I think it could have been pretty easily predicted that involving Iran in this event would have elicited this reaction.

Iranians make good wrestling villains though. Remember the Iron Sheik?

He is still a legend on Twitter and in interviews.

On 20/08/2018 at 19:52, UNORTHODOX said:

I'm glad Reigns has the title now, hopefully means somebody else will get the mania moment. Hopefully Brawn or Rollins on Raw. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm glad Reigns has the title now, hopefully means somebody else will get the mania moment. Hopefully Brawn or Rollins on Raw. 

What do you think will happen with the Shield and Reigns? Can you not see Ambrose and Rollins getting another title and the Shield just dominating?

20 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

What do you think will happen with the Shield and Reigns? Can you not see Ambrose and Rollins getting another title and the Shield just dominating?

I haven't got the foggiest to be honest. I was half expecting Ambrose to turn at Summerslam but was glad he didnt. There's enough heels to keep them entertained for the time being.

5 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Heyman has said Brocks title run was more impressive the Punk, even though he only defended the belt 11 times compared to CM Punk, who put the WWE Championship on the line a staggering 141 times.

Heyman is full of shit. He’s almost as boring as Brock now with his regurgitated promos and unoriginal content. He’s basically the Mourinho of WWE. 

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody that has ever watched wrestling we are entering in to the most interesting seven month period in history.

- Last weekend Cody Rhodes hosted his first pay per view with The Young Bucks and it was a massive sucess.

- WWE have tried to block any other wrestling company appearing at Maddison Square Gardens. ROH and NJPW will be hosting a joint pay per view the weekend of WrestleMania!

- The WWE have responded, with rumours of Undertaker versus HBK and Roman Reigns versus The Rock.

WWE have for years been trying to lower the ceiling on other companies. Whether it's by having NXT appearing in the same city where other companies are having their big shows, or by hoovering up all the UK talent so ITV have nobody, or by taking all the popular indie talent. Vince is not going to be happy about MSG hosting a huge wrestling show the weekend of WrestleMania. In retaliation, the only thing he really can do is produce a WrestleMania that's one for the ages. 

On 24/08/2018 at 01:38, JOSHBRFC said:

Heyman has said Brocks title run was more impressive the Punk, even though he only defended the belt 11 times compared to CM Punk, who put the WWE Championship on the line a staggering 141 times.

Punks reign was affected by a refusal to have him main event over Super Cena. Brocks reign was affected by the fact he was never there. 

Tge most impactful reign that comes to mind since WCW folded was Triple H when Raw first started in the early naughties. At a time when we were used to champions lasting 2-4 months he bossed it from about August 2002 until March 2004 apart from a couple of months where HBK and Goldberg held it. He was believable too with Evolution beside him.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly for Vince I'd rather watch paint dry than watch the Undertaker wrestle anybody at this stage, and watching Reigns wreste IS watching paint dry.

There's aways a better show than wrestlemainia. It's called takeover. This years mania had a whopping total of 3 actually good matches (IC title, Asuka vs Flair and Rousey's mixed match tag) 3 watchable matches (reigns lesnar, which was only decent because of the shock ending, the smackdown tag title match and Nakamura vs Styles which was still a huge dissapointment) and the rest was a joke. So out of touch.

On 14/09/2018 at 02:34, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sadly for Vince I'd rather watch paint dry than watch the Undertaker wrestle anybody at this stage, and watching Reigns wreste IS watching paint dry.

I agree. The only way I could take the Roman victory over 'Taker is if it was his actual last performance. Seeing him come back now hurts.

The obsession with making guys in their prime 20 years ago look immortal has been my pet hate for the last 7/8 years. There's so many talented guys that are not being given the opportunity to express themselves because of it. Thankfully AJ isn't one of them because of the brand split.

If you haven't seen HIAC Danny I would just read spoilers and not bother. If All In was a high eight i'd just about justify this being a five.

I watched it live.

High spot. The tag match, which was fantastic, and I lost it when Drew yelled at the referee to "Disqualify his arse!!!" in a fucking HEAVY Scottish accent. Ziggler, Rollins and Drew are so fucking talented. Sadly Ziggler v Rollins Iron man match was a mediocre affair but barring that this has been a good feud if you like good matches. I still remember losing my shit when the Dolphin rolled up Rollins for the IC title, just didn't see it comming.

Lesnars return had me excited for a moment. Then shit got.. well, shit. A no count out no DQ match was abandoned because the competitors were sore. Fuck off.

Rousey vs Bliss was painfully by the numbers, Becky vs the man beast was okay, good finish. Randy vs Hardy was... slow. But fine. Aj vs Joe was fine but I feel they have better in them. This fued is starting to remind me of AJ vs Nakamura. Good promos from the heel, underwhelming in ring compared to the amount of tallent at their disposal, and a bunch of screwy finishes.

Mixed tag was.... fine. The miz vs Bryan did not need to be watered down by their talentless wives, and Brie bella is going to fucking injure someone soon. She needs to go. She already hurt Zelina Vega bad, now she opened up miz with some punches. Imagine if that were his wife instead.

As an asside, on that topic. I hate how the womens revolution turned into the evolution. There is a fucking reason we were moving away from cheerleaders and models who know some basic stuff and moving towards real female wrestlers. Bringing back the Bellas is totaly undermining the current crop, and exposing them to their dangerous botches. At the very least throw the Bellas and Sasha Banks into hell in a cell with each other and the last women to get injured gets a WWE contract because fuck me that lot are usless dangerous cunts.

• Upvote 1