talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm glad Reigns won't be dominating ppvs and getting pushed in my fucking face for the next 10 years, but I wouldn't wish cancer on the bloke.

It will be someone else with a stale gimmick, moveset, and appearance next. Fuck-me-dead Reigns would be twice as bearable without his stupid tactical vest and that fucking superman punch. I get this is wrestling and it is by nature retarded but come on!

You'd struggle to find someone so stale though, both on mic and in ring. He's smug, but a face. His moveset will give me nightmares for the rest of my life. The superman punch, spear, corner clotheslines, samoan drop and the big ole punch to the face are as stale and boring as it gets. His only other 2 moves, the 1 arm sitdown powerbomb and the driveby are cool, but he could only powerbomb light heavyweights and cruiserweights. 

This injury is a HUGE shift in the pyramid of power on raw as well. It's like a parking lot with 5 spots, and 3 of them were always full because of roman. Now all 5 are free up. The new 'universal title' picture should be dominated by Mcintyre, Strowman, Balor, Rollins and Owens. Which means the intercontinental title opens up for guys like Elias, Corbin, Ambrose and even Roode, as much as I hate him.

8 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

It's cool to hate Reigns. I never really get the serious hate he gets.

All the best to the man. Hope to see him back in full health in the main event scene again.

You're not a real wrestling fan if you don't know why he is the cause of such ire.

Super boring smug good guy character who is pushed to the moon based off his look and appeal to children. As for in ring work, good fucking lord. The commentators call him "methodical" He's not methodical. The Miz, AJ Styles and 'normal' Finn Balor are methodical. Reigns is ponderous. His move set is the most stale and uninspiring on the roster, it literally feels like a board room selected each one of his signatures and his finisher. Everything about him is just so.... engineered and overproduced. 

He is gifted everything while other, better talents are left to battle through the midcard. Rollins, Balor, Ziggler, McIntyre, Gable, Fandango, Breeze. All these guys are on raw and miles better in ring, and the entire roster is better on the mic.

I don't necessarily think there was anything wrong with the character or his moveset. His moveset is limited but he actually has a lot of decent matches compared to other big names from the past. And I say there's nothing wrong with the character but it's not one he should be playing right now. When fans view you as the chosen one, you need to go through a period of being a big heel which they should've done some time ago. If they did that and then came to the character he is now then I think it would've worked. Braun is someone who's much worse in my opinion. Same with Lashley. Raw needs to make the title about Rollins, Ambrose, Owens & McIntyre now. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're not a real wrestling fan if you don't know why he is the cause of such ire.

Lol. Obviously not, certified and approved by Devil dick xD

Did you copy and paste the rest of your post from a Roman Reigns hate thread?

The best thing is, when he comes back he will be bigger and better than ever. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

I don't necessarily think there was anything wrong with the character or his moveset. His moveset is limited but he actually has a lot of decent matches compared to other big names from the past. And I say there's nothing wrong with the character but it's not one he should be playing right now. When fans view you as the chosen one, you need to go through a period of being a big heel which they should've done some time ago. If they did that and then came to the character he is now then I think it would've worked. Braun is someone who's much worse in my opinion. Same with Lashley. Raw needs to make the title about Rollins, Ambrose, Owens & McIntyre now. 

He isn't a total shitcunt it's true. But his matches are ALWAYS predictable (When you always win and only have 1 finishing move....) and his best matches are other guys putting in more than 50% of the match. His best technical match of this year was against the miz for the IC title, a match the miz and his character carried. Other than that he was in that abomination of a wrestlemania main event, that abomination of a hell in a cell main event, that abomination of a backlash main event. His highest rated singles match of this year from Meltzer was the hell in a cell match. 3 1/4 stars. He has no laurels to rest on.

You're just wrong about his character. He has no character. He just smugly walks around occasionally referring to himself as 'the big dog' and calling the ring his yard. Scooby fucking do has more fucking character. You're correct about who needs to be in the universal title picture though.

Except Ambrose. Fuck Ambrose. 

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

• Subscriber
On 26/10/2018 at 22:45, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nice counter argument you have there. No, the rest of my post was off the top of my head. I probably forgot to mention a few things.

I genuinely hope he never comes back.

I don’t need to justify myself to you. 

And if he doesn’t come back it probably means the disease has got the better of him so I hope you’re wrong. But I’d still love to see him back anyway. 

I was beginning to warm to him to be honest. Especially with The Shield behind him. Yes, he's been given countless opportunities that could and possibly should have gone to others but I think he's conducted himself as a 'champion' well this year on Raw. The focus on Raw in the title picture is for the larger than life characters to go for the Universal title and your more technical enjoyable talents go for the Intercontinental title. Of those characters you have Brock whose never there, Brawn whose a cannonball, Lashley who looks bland, Owens whose injured and Drew whose still being built up. With that in mind maybe Roman is the right person for the title at present.

For the record, i would rather see your generally more gifted and talented guys like Rollins be the whole focus of the brand. However with AJ carrying Smackdown and guys like Joe, Bryan, Miz and Nakamura all in the title picture is a nice compromise. Even if they are really toning him down by about 60 percent.

Romans return in 2/3 years will be huge though. What a story that could be.

On 17/10/2018 at 00:51, Devil-Dick Willie said:

To be honest, they had a program all lined up, and a match booked for the card at evolution. Everything seemed to be building for 3 v 3 at evolution possible bella heel turn there, with Ronda going on to fight ruby riot at the next ppv for the belt, then maybe Nikki at the rumble or Survivor series.

So this seems forced and sudden. Not necissarily because of the botches, but somethings changed their minds.

I was under the impression this is the match they had in mind since Summerslam because of the exposure it will give Total Divas. Which sounds legit. 

10 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I don’t need to justify myself to you. 

And if he doesn’t come back it probably means the disease has got the better of him so I hope you’re wrong. But I’d still love to see him back anyway. 

Of course you don't. Just sling all the mud you want, and never back it up. Its the internet so why the fuck not.

19 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You're entertained by cars driving around a track. Get back to your Nascar you redneck.

Well, it's actually the drivers that drive these cars around the track, and it takes a lot of talent and physical fitness to do that. But you do you. 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, 6666 said:

You're entertained by cars driving around a track. Get back to your Nascar you redneck.

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

Well, it's actually the drivers that drive these cars around the track, and it takes a lot of talent and physical fitness to do that. But you do you. 

h8ejsNe.png

• Haha 1