talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

Predictions for Royal Rumble?

- Sasha Banks to beat Carmella 

Easiest prediction of the night for obvious reasons.

- Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax to beat Charlotte Flair and Asuka

The WWE have relegated the tag team title to the state of nobody cares and a Charlotte / Asuka WM match would be far more appealing. Charlotte to take the L thanks to Lacey Evans and Ric Flair.

- Roman Reigns to beat Kevin Owens

Another that seems obvious but should be a good match.

- Drew McIntyre to beat Goldberg.

People shat on Raw when the weekly show was good but they had a Champion that didn't show up. I can't see the powers that he wanting a bad show with a Champion that doesn't show up. That said, I'm sure Goldberg will not want to leave looking weak. So we may get a finish where The Miz cashes in but takes the L. Then Goldberg beats The Miz and Morrison in his second match given they way they've been booked since the draft.

- Bianca Belair to win the Royal Rumble.

In my opinion the most difficult to predict. I just feel that it's her time given her good work on Smackdown. Her and Bayley as the last two would be ideal. Sets up a triple threat match with Sasha and Bayley at WrestleMania.

- Daniel Bryan to win the Royal Rumble.

The story with heel Roman Reigns makes too much sense. Especially if Daniel Bryan is considering retirement. One last big hoorah before Roman retires him.

Other predictions... Sheamus to last the longest, Keith Lee as number 30, AJ/Edge to advance feud in Royal Rumble for WM. 

Some people think the rock will come back tonight and win the rumble and face reigns at wrestlemania. Would make sense. I know a lot of fans wouldn't like it but it would make wwe a lot of money.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Some people think the rock will come back tonight and win the rumble and face reigns at wrestlemania. Would make sense. I know a lot of fans wouldn't like it but it would make wwe a lot of money.

That’s speculated almost every year. I really can’t see it to be honest. 

Ive enjoyed this Owens - Reigns feud and their promos. 

3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

That’s speculated almost every year. I really can’t see it to be honest. 

Ive enjoyed this Owens - Reigns feud and their promos. 

I don't actually watch the main shows I only watch nxt. Although I am aware(and find it quite funny) that they tried reigns as a face for years and it didn't work and now he's a heel everyone loves him

Edited by Guest

Would be a bit unfair if the rock just comes in and goes straight to main eventing wrestlemania. But that is wrestling i guess. The rock isn't to bad for things like that actually. Apparently lesners first title win was supposed to be with interference from Heyman. But the said  to let him win cleanly.

Belair or Ripley to win the women's match. Bryan or a surprise entrant to win the men's. I don't think they've built good enough stories or built wrestlers that could be potential winners going into the rumble especially for the men's but it's the rumble so still gonna be excited. Will be weird without genuine fan reactions though. The place going wild with joy if Charlotte wins will be hilarious.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think The Rock's return would be on IF there would be a large crowd at WrestleMania. I imagine Rock/Roman will be the main event for next year now if his move schedule suits it.

I agree. 

Seeing late reports of a Seth Rollins Royal Rumble win.

• Subscriber

I watched the most of it. On this day....I didn’t see clearly.....I was absolutely shattered xD

The botch in the Reigns - Owens match ruined what was a decent match. It was cringey at the end with the botch and the ref just stopped counting. :dam:

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So is anyone actually happy edge won the rumble?

When it was down to Bryan, Seth, Randy, Christian, Edge and Strowman thats the order my friends and I wanted to see as winner. Unfortunately seth came back as shit jesus and not with burn it down and fire tights. 
So no, Edge was never a great wrestler anyway. Good character, but I can live without seeing him wrestle. 

Bayley vs Carmella. Meh
Oldberg vs Drew. Bleh, though mercifully short
Womens rumble. I can't even remember it bar Bianca winning. Meh
Mens rumble. Meh. 

Worst royal rumble I've seen live that's for sure. 

On 02/02/2021 at 08:10, Devil-Dick Willie said:

When it was down to Bryan, Seth, Randy, Christian, Edge and Strowman thats the order my friends and I wanted to see as winner. Unfortunately seth came back as shit jesus and not with burn it down and fire tights. 
So no, Edge was never a great wrestler anyway. Good character, but I can live without seeing him wrestle. 

Bayley vs Carmella. Meh
Oldberg vs Drew. Bleh, though mercifully short
Womens rumble. I can't even remember it bar Bianca winning. Meh
Mens rumble. Meh. 

Worst royal rumble I've seen live that's for sure. 

For once, I think you're being too kind with your criticisms.

Negatives for me are ....

- Charlotte Flair...  She needs to start selling to people. The first match ended when she got hit with a pair of brass knuckles and had a women the size of Nia Jax land on her. She just got me up, said to Asuka: "Yeah that's on me", and then walks off. Doesn't hold her face, or her chest, or anything. Then later on when it's the last three in the Royal Rumble and both Belair and Ripley start teaming up on her she starts acting like she's some sort of crappy reincarnation of Hulk Hogan not selling anything. I don't know who told her to do that but she looked like an absolute pleb.

- Asuka... Since Charlotte Flair has returned Asuka has gone from being the best thing on Raw during the pandemic to people thinking she needs a win. She's meant to be the Women's Champion and they've done absolutely nothing with her for the last six weeks. You'd think the right thing to do would be for her to go over Charlotte but you just know they wont do that.

- The Bayley Elimination... I literally didn't see it. Had no idea she had been eliminated. Thought she was going to emerge at the end and throw Bianca over the top rope. But no, the camera just didn't pick it up. Pretty piss poor to not have a spot where everybody feigns injury whilst Bayley gets thrown over like they have done with everybody since the Royal Rumble started.

- Alexa Bliss... What was the point? They should have had everybody eliminate her, not just quickly thrown over after making a couple of screens go black.

- The ending to Roman Reigns / Kevin Owens... A pretty brutal match that was a good watch ruined by Paul's chubby hands. Surely they would have practised that several times during rehearsal? Absolutely embarrassing. 

- Ricochet being in the Royal Rumble ... He lost a qualifier! I know there hands are tied at times with Covid but they've got Booker T backstage looking like a better version of GI Bro than he did as GI Bro in WCW. Just have come out for five minutes. 

- "The Messiah" Seth Rollins ... Dude still has the same theme tune as Bailey.

- Edge ... Joins the ever growing list of decrepit fossils who can't let this generation have their moment. One Royal Rumble, worst WM match on the card, a heavily edited PPV match, and suddenly he's super human enough to last 29 other men. What does that say about everybody whose wrestled for the past ten years. Kurt Angle did an interview recently where he said he felt WWE should have given him another title run, and that's the terrible culture that WWE have created for themselves by consistently giving the big Wrestle Mania spots to these has beens that do nothing all year round to get the big spots. Recently the likes of Goldberg, The Undertaker and D-von Dudley have spoken out about the attitude of today's wrestlers but honestly who can blame them with the culture WWE have developed. There must be nothing more depressing than being somebody that joined a major promotion after 1999. I really liked Christian in his prime but I shudder at the thought of him beating any of today's talent.

On the plus side... Goldberg match went as well as it could have, Billie Kay is brilliant, Bianca Belair's win was a great moment, Rhea Ripley is going to be used a lot better on the main roster,  I don't mind them trying to get Lacey Evans over even if it's by Ric Flair old man sex, Carmella can hold her own against the best, Carlito needs to sign a contract and change his name to Swolito, Damien Priest looks to be getting pushed on the main roster, Omos has to do very little to be entertaining and the Daniel Bryan/Matt Riddle wrestling was great to watch.

We were pretty spoiled with good PPV's in 2020. I'd give this one a 6/10. I think the 14, 15 and 16 Royal Rumbles were worse than this but this was definitely a big step backwards in contrast to previous years.

So Kenta showed up on AEW. 

It's very very very very weird to me that if this is the start of an actual AEW/NJPW crossover they'd lead with Kenta, they'd absolutely have a big heel like White, ZSJ, Taichi, Suzuki or even someone like Naito in there were that the case. 
Which makes me think it's just another one off circumstantial match like Jericho vs Tanahashi.  

22 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

So Kenta showed up on AEW. 

It's very very very very weird to me that if this is the start of an actual AEW/NJPW crossover they'd lead with Kenta, they'd absolutely have a big heel like White, ZSJ, Taichi, Suzuki or even someone like Naito in there were that the case. 
Which makes me think it's just another one off circumstantial match like Jericho vs Tanahashi.  

Either way thank god he did as that was some dead episode up until that point. What are they doing with Rusev.