talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

@The Palace Fan great womens cage match. Those two are miles ahead of the rest of the womens division. Shida's a  good wrestler but no one can get the crowd into the matches the way those two can. Just hoping they dont go to wwe. Brit Baker probably wont because Adam cole is in aew and she would have a hard job to make herself stand out in wwe but unfortunately I could see thunder rosa going if the deal was right 

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan great womens cage match. Those two are miles ahead of the rest of the womens division. Shida's a  good wrestler but no one can get the crowd into the matches the way those two can. Just hoping they dont go to wwe. Brit Baker probably wont because Adam cole is in aew and she would have a hard job to make herself stand out in wwe but unfortunately I could see thunder rosa going if the deal was right 

My guess before the match was Britt would blade and no sell something stupid and to my shock horror I was right.

That said it was the right outcome, its a shame they took a lot of steam out of Wardlow in the same show by having him lose to Scorpio Sky.

The thing that's interesting me the most in AEW at the minute if Regal, Danielson and Moxley. The combination of 2.0 with Jericho should work well too.

I think it's crazy that cody rhodes is apparently going back to wwe. Wont they just bury him?

What kind of reaction will he probably get from the fans?

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think it's crazy that cody rhodes is apparently going back to wwe. Wont they just bury him?

What kind of reaction will he probably get from the fans?

I don't think his reaction will be initially that big if he returns on a Raw before WrestleMania. If his first appearance is on WrestleMania or the Raw directly after WrestleMania then he'd get a bigger reaction as there will be more fans that are more aware of wrestling outside WWE. I'm sure there will be a lot of AEW chants.

In terms of if he gets buried or not, it depends on if he can connect with the crowd or not. He'll have the spotlight on him at first but if he doesn't deliver, he'll just be another guy.

12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I don't think his reaction will be initially that big if he returns on a Raw before WrestleMania. If his first appearance is on WrestleMania or the Raw directly after WrestleMania then he'd get a bigger reaction as there will be more fans that are more aware of wrestling outside WWE. I'm sure there will be a lot of AEW chants.

In terms of if he gets buried or not, it depends on if he can connect with the crowd or not. He'll have the spotlight on him at first but if he doesn't deliver, he'll just be another guy.

WWE has had a habit of burying ex wcw guys though. Not sure if he will get treated the same. I'm not sure how it will work though because he cant really be a heel can he because of his show?

Was triple h that good?  He was  being pushed as a main eventer before he got with Stephanie McMahon but not sure he would have had anywhere near the career he had if it wasnt for that? 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Was triple h that good?  He was  being pushed as a main eventer before he got with Stephanie McMahon but not sure he would have had anywhere near the career he had if it wasnt for that? 

His heel run in 2000 was excellent, i hated him so much as a kid. 

@The Palace Fan I'm not sure if I'm reading to much into this but I  noticed that Layla Hirst use to get a fairly mute reaction from fans. Now she is getting heavily booed. Do wonder if its because shes Russian? I don't think she is that good of a heel to get a reaction like that 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I'm not sure if I'm reading to much into this but I  noticed that Layla Hirst use to get a fairly mute reaction from fans. Now she is getting heavily booed. Do wonder if its because shes Russian? I don't think she is that good of a heel to get a reaction like that 

Nah people are reacting because they've turned her heel.

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I bet my bottom fucking dollar he's not had his last ever match. 

He was pretty mediocre. Had the right look, the right friends, and was a decent promo (nowhere near the greats of that era though) But was a mediocre worker, a right cunt and hogged the spotlight. 

He's had a defibrillator fitted which I think will rule him out. Vince has shown he has a hesitancy to clear people with neck issues and more recently concussions. I don't think he would risk of the health of his Son in Law when the Saudi crowd pops for everybody.

Regarding Triple H, I liked him in the late nineties. WWF needed a new character in the main event in 1999 and a focused sharp rejuvinated arsehole was the perfect fit.

The Reign of Terror was a slog at times. A lot of the time it felt like they were massaging an ego giving him his own Horsemen group whilst burying WCW but at the same time he did a great job helping elevate Batista at WM21. 

Beating Brock Lesnar, Sting and winning the title in 2016 were all awful and really symbolic of why performers shouldn't be a part of the creative committee.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I bet my bottom fucking dollar he's not had his last ever match. 

He was pretty mediocre. Had the right look, the right friends, and was a decent promo (nowhere near the greats of that era though) But was a mediocre worker, a right cunt and hogged the spotlight. 

I never rated him as much as we were told to rate him to be honest. Not as like an all time top 5 anyway. 

Can’t wait to hear that glass shatter on Mania. No better sound…. Just… period.

Edited by JoshBRFC

On 25/03/2022 at 22:08, UNORTHODOX said:

His heel run in 2000 was excellent, i hated him so much as a kid. 

He was good then. I watched wwe from about 99 to 2003. Then from 2007 to 2009 something like that. I remember when matt hardy had a lot of momentum. I felt he should of been in a world title match at wrestlemania. But triple h was in it instead against Orton. It was terrible. Then there was that terrible match against reigns a few years ago. He shouldn't of been in those world title matches I dont think.

On 26/03/2022 at 12:45, The Palace Fan said:

Nah people are reacting because they've turned her heel.

I'm watching aew in a weird order. I got really behind on it so I'm watching the up to date episodes of dynamite and rampage but catching up with the old ones as well. She was a heel before the russian invasion I think if you watch it it is noticable that she is getting booed more heavily 

@Devil-Dick Willie random question but one thing I dont understand is what the wrestlers who hardly ever wrestle are doing all the time? I know wwe does alot of house shows but aew just does the four shows I think. I'm not sure about other companies. What are they doing when they dont wrestle for weeks on end? 

37 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie random question but one thing I dont understand is what the wrestlers who hardly ever wrestle are doing all the time? I know wwe does alot of house shows but aew just does the four shows I think. I'm not sure about other companies. What are they doing when they dont wrestle for weeks on end? 

A lot of the AEW guys out of the main event scene are still taking bookings for events outside of AEW. They don't need too but some of them have such restricted TV time they do so.

They're also encouraged to explore other opportunities. Britt Baker is still a part time dentist, Evil Uno does some gaming twitch channel, loads of them vlog or make YouTube shows, Shawn Deeb does a lot of Community Outreach work (as did Cody) on behalf of AEW.

It's definitely a much easier schedule than WWE and at this point I'm just happy for people like Brian Cage and Jay Lethal who can make far more money off Tony Khan whilst avoiding injuries than they could working anywhere else.

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

For AEW seen mr palace fans answer. 
In WWE the wrestlers you don't see much of are still wrestling house shows and wrestling on main event.
If you're not even doing that, it's likely you're about to be moved or fired. But if doing nothing they'd be staying fit, working at the performance center and getting a new gimmick together. 

8 hours ago, 6666 said:

I've heard disappointing news that Toni Storm's ass isn't as big as it used to be.

Fuck. 

When she debuted on Smackdown, she trended on twitter. It was when she walked out to the ring with the other NXT girls before Survivor series, and they didn't even use her name, everyone just wanted to know who the ass belonged to. 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

6 minutes of your time. This is brilliant. Beyond brilliant. 

That was not what I expected 😂.

His rant about AEW striking a partnership with DDT was a good one. Along with his last rant about Dave Meltzer trying to call him out on Twitter a couple of weeks ago.

A couple of months ago Brian shared with him a news story where Michael Cole stated WWE isnt wresting. Cornette started his response by saying he has no ill feeling to Michael Cole as it isn't his fault he thinks this way and then after just two minutes of rileing himself up talking about Kevin Dunn he's saying "Fuck You Michael Cole" and that he's never speaking to him again 😂.

• Haha 1