talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

NWA's golden goose appears to have evaporated with CW. They're allegedly looking for an out after James Mitchell pretended to do cocaine at there last show.

I have no idea why wrestling gets treated differently to a normal TV show, but if this is there attitude they couldn't have been that committed to the deal in the first place.

We're back to 2005 where TNA is the only logical alternative to WWE, which isn't going to happen on that awful network deal they have. Let's hope Eli Drake keeps being himself and Cody wins at WrestleMania.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

NWA's golden goose appears to have evaporated with CW. They're allegedly looking for an out after James Mitchell pretended to do cocaine at there last show.

I have no idea why wrestling gets treated differently to a normal TV show, but if this is there attitude they couldn't have been that committed to the deal in the first place.

We're back to 2005 where TNA is the only logical alternative to WWE, which isn't going to happen on that awful network deal they have. Let's hope Eli Drake keeps being himself and Cody wins at WrestleMania.

FFS.

On 08/11/2023 at 12:02, The Palace Fan said:

I don't think Ric Flair will help anyone in all honesty. It's a pay cheque for him. He can barely put together a coherent sentence.

I gave AEW a lot of leeway this summer because of All In, but that evaporated after Tony Khan's breakdown over the NXT raiting.

Add him to the list with Arn, Jim Ross, Shafir, Schiavone, and TK himself.

On 08/11/2023 at 01:05, The Palace Fan said:

Didn't even know TNA was still going. I remember liking what I saw originally when it was the six sided ring (even if that was more gimmicky than anything).

Started to lose interest not long after Hogan and Bischoff got involved. Not sure what it's like these days.

@The Palace Fan I think swerve has put himself in title contention. It may be a couple more months but he definitely has. That match was more long term planning. I personally think Christian Cage is absolutely killing it at the moment. This is the best version of him I've seen. A lot of people are saying they think he should be the next champion. Apparently Vince never liked the way he looked which didn't help him in wwe

5 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@The Palace Fan I think swerve has put himself in title contention. It may be a couple more months but he definitely has. That match was more long term planning. I personally think Christian Cage is absolutely killing it at the moment. This is the best version of him I've seen. A lot of people are saying they think he should be the next champion. Apparently Vince never liked the way he looked which didn't help him in wwe

Swerve should be beating another former Champion or two and then moving on to MJF. Not in some tournament for a mid card title where the groups have been engineered to benefit a man who looks as healthy as Eddie Kingston.

Christian's good. Thankfully with Edge's clout he's avoiding the rest of the circus. 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@The Palace Fan I don't know why you watch aew all you do is moan about it 

I gave them leeway going in to All In. The weekly show sucked but I thought fair play for making a move that would make Vince notice. Then I gave up when Tony Khan went on his last Twitter meltdown. Nothings ever going to change whilst he's in full control.

I watched Full Gear, as even though the weekly show is absolutely terrible, the PPVs usually bang. This one felt disappointing. A company not medically clearing MJF but allowing Adam Cole to wrestle on crutches took me right out the main event.

Now I hear what happens and just laugh. MJF crying, Tony Khan wearing a scarf to honour Inoki (who would have absolutely hated him), fucking Luther being shoe horned in to the good Toni Storm stuff, hiring Ric Flair, The Young Bucks in another shitty 'No your our friend!!' Storyline, Kota Ibushi struggling to ride a bicycle, fans laughing at NWA's cocaine spot and then justifying a man drinking another mans blood, a tournament that sounds like Eddie Kingston's breakfast. The list goes on.

@The Palace Fan then stop watching it. Also like other members in this thread your confusing your own opinion with objective facts. Gull gear was well received and just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was bad. 

I'd like to see swerve as the next champion. But he has to be really built up more than anyone. Why? Because he's black. It's horrible but its the truth. If swerve was white he may well be champion by now. Unfortunately racism is very real. It shouldn't be true but it is. Swerve needs more build up. And John moxley, Jay White, Bryan danielson are in it. Beating a couple of them is pretty good build up

Edited by Gunnersaurus

16 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I have!

Fair enough. Aew has its problems. The wrestling is decent though. I like wrestling with an edge.  I've started watching wwe casually. But there doesn’t seem to be that edge to it. It be great to be able to take the best parts from both and put them together but unfortunately can't be done. 

11 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Fair enough. Aew has its problems. The wrestling is decent though. I like wrestling with an edge.  I've started watching wwe casually. But there doesn’t seem to be that edge to it. It be great to be able to take the best parts from both and put them together but unfortunately can't be done. 

What do you mean by 'wrestling with an edge'? NJPW is far more physical and less flippy bullshit than AEW. Old black and gold NXT was as close to perfect as wrestling ever got for me imo. Storylines that made sense, in ring action that was athletic and hard hitting by a bunch of wrestlers who are mostly in AEW now, but with WWE there to tell them to keep their heads pulled in, and limit the indulgent BS AEW is famous for. Fuck they need writers, and someone to tell the wrestlers NO. 

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

What do you mean by 'wrestling with an edge'? NJPW is far more physical and less flippy bullshit than AEW. Old black and gold NXT was as close to perfect as wrestling ever got for me imo. Storylines that made sense, in ring action that was athletic and hard hitting by a bunch of wrestlers who are mostly in AEW now, but with WWE there to tell them to keep their heads pulled in, and limit the indulgent BS AEW is famous for. Fuck they need writers, and someone to tell the wrestlers NO. 

No offence mate I actually like you. You are pretty funny and I agree with a lot of political opinions.  I also respect your knowledge of wrestling. But I really can't bothered. Your such a negative and pessimistic person. You also seem extremely opinionated. Not just on this thread but others as well. I'm only really using this thread for enjoyment I'm not gonna get into any kind of conversation I don't enjoy. 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

17 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just watched an advert for WWE Survivor Series and there's apparently two rings in play at the same time.

Why?

War games. I pretty sure the match came from wcw. Two wrestlers start. One team has an advantage as they have another wrestler come in before the other team so it's 2 on 1 then 3 on 2 etc. In aew you cant pin an apponent until all ten wrestlers are in. I'm assuming it's the same in wwe . Aew call it blood and guts as they can't call it war games as wwe owns the name. They are generally pretty violent matches in aew. Worth a look if you like that kind of thing. 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

To carry on the negative theme, I just want to tell you that Kota Ibushi's three matches in AEW have put me off NJPW for the foreseeable future.

Again, what AEW needs is someone to tell people no. Ibushi when he won the G1 wrestled 9 distinctly different matches, all were at least good, some great, none involved any nonsense, bicycles or stupidity. It makes me sad. Again, look at black and gold NXT. The undisputed era were so much better than the sum of their parts. Look at them now. Fuck me.

4 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

No offence mate I actually like you. You are pretty funny and I agree with a lot of political opinions.  I also respect your knowledge of wrestling. But I really can't bothered. Your such a negative and pessimistic person. You also seem extremely opinionated. Not just on this thread but others as well. I'm only really using this thread for enjoyment I'm not gonna get into any kind of conversation I don't enjoy. 

"I'm not going to engage you even on a conversational level because you don't share my opinion and i'm fearful of your ability to deconstruct the situation and I don't like the pieces"

You can like whatever you like my guy. I like the early 2000s doom movie, despite the fact that it's shit, it still gives me kicks. But that doesn't mean the things you like are objectively good. 

Delighted that CM Punk is back in WWE. Hopefully they can do the Punk/Cody feud that AEW decided to skip. Seth will probably be the first programme though.

If WWE wasn't booked at a snail's pace on weekly TV then they'd be great regular viewing.

AEW need to get their act together. Constant tournaments isn't going to excite anyone.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, 6666 said:

Delighted that CM Punk is back in WWE. Hopefully they can do the Punk/Cody feud that AEW decided to skip. Seth will probably be the first programme though.

If WWE wasn't booked at a snail's pace on weekly TV then they'd be great regular viewing.

AEW need to get their act together. Constant tournaments isn't going to excite anyone.

I was joking yesterday that they've probably already called Zaslav and told him there's an opening for 'One Bill Phil on Wednesday Night Raw' next year and then a couple of those shitty news sites started reporting the same thing 😂. I laughed at the reports that WWE saw Tony Khan's tweets as a 'declaration of war' but if that happens then maybe they did.